PDA

View Full Version : Full custom Stainless Steel Boat Trailer

Alchemy2007
17-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I was wondering what the cost of a full custom made stainless steel boat trailer is worth? It came as an extra with the boat I bought recently(The project one!)
It has the following,

Fully Custom built
All 65x65x2.5mm Stainless SHS
Tilt mechanism
Fully adjustable centre of gravity(being sliding axle)
Stainless winch post
4WD Rims and tyres - Pajero
All stainless fittings and nylon bushes ect.
All rollers and stainless adjustment boltsIt currently has a 4.8M halfcabin on it at the moment. I'm not that keen on it as it needs a few little things finished on it like the tilt mechanism(few springs ect.)
Also I cannont envision any beach launches , hence the 4WD rims.
I have considered the prospect of changing out the axle and putting smaller rims on it .
I am basically trying to find what the market value is for this trailer and also if anyone would be interested in buying it , a swap for something or maybe advice into holding onto it being that its service life would far superior to anything else(exception of poly).

I just want a trailer that I feel comfortable with.I dont have that comfort at the moment. Not sure why though.
I am a trade quailified boily and I do know what is involved fabricating something like this , but i am not really interested customizing it to suit my boat.

Any responses would be appreciated.
Alchemy2007

finga
17-01-2008, 01:36 PM
How heavy is the bugger??
Any brakes??

Alchemy2007
17-01-2008, 01:43 PM
I towed it with my 4.8M glass halfcabin from Toowoomba to Coffsharbour and back with a 4cyl Diesel Hilux. Doesn't seem to be that heavy as I have never weighed it , but that ute had no problems towing it. It a company ute for the record!