PDA

View Full Version : Cat trailer makeover

wadeo
16-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Gday guys,
The time has come to convert my original shark cat trailer with rollers to skids. Trouble is i can only find minimal skids in the boating store's. Need alot more than 1m peices. I live on sunny coast.
Question: Who makes the teflon or nylon skids and where are there buisnesses situated ? Any info would be muchly appreciated,
regards Wadeo

Blackened
17-01-2008, 05:46 AM
G'day

Shoot a PM to Grand_Marlin, he'll probably have some on hand, If not... will know exactly where to go

Dave

Noelm
17-01-2008, 08:20 AM
done this before myself, 1m pieces will be OK, you only need about 1/2 metre on each "rail" also be aware that the skids are much lower than rollers, so allowance needs to be made for Road clearance and mudgaurds and so on.

Noelm
17-01-2008, 08:21 AM
OH I forgot, most Plastic suppliers will have the correct stuff, do not use the same stuff as cutting boards are made of!

Grand_Marlin
17-01-2008, 08:31 AM
G'day Waedo,

There is one we use that has the teflon in it and has a rounded top / flat bottom.
This is the perfect stuff for your trailer.
We can get it in longer lengths and in different colours.

Cheers

Pete

Noelm
17-01-2008, 09:27 AM
yep, that's the stuff.

wadeo
17-01-2008, 01:17 PM
G'day Waedo,

There is one we use that has the teflon in it and has a rounded top / flat bottom.
This is the perfect stuff for your trailer.
We can get it in longer lengths and in different colours.

Cheers

Pete
Excellent guy's. Pete how much per metre. Also chasing skids in a U shape for the tops and sides of tunnel guides. Thanks noelm your right half metre peices will be perfect for each side For the tunnel guides i need 2 U shaped peices around 4.5m to 5m long. Changing to skids because forever scratching the hulls on corners of roller cradles and it can be very dificult to get the rig off the trailer.

Noelm
17-01-2008, 01:25 PM
got the same problem myself, my rollers are all crappy and it takes about 4 goes to skid the Boat off now, I have done a few trailers, but still have never done my own.