PDA

View Full Version : Haines V16R weight / trailer

Maximum
16-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi just wondering if anybody out there would have a rough idea of the weight of a Haines V16R (with early 90's model 90hp 2 stroke evinrude)? If not, any ideas on where you could go to weigh it? My trailer is just about cactus (rust) - it looks like the original equipment, single axle job and does not have brakes. I realise that if its over 750 kg my trailer should have brakes. I am not keen to fork out the extra funds for a braked trailer, but would obviously do so in the interests of safety (and compliance with the law.....).

Thanks
Mick.

litenup
16-01-2008, 08:03 PM
I owned one back in 70"s and it had brakes. I think if you add it up it will be over 750 kg. Don't forget it includes fuel and gear, so 100l of fuel is 100kg... it's got to be over. Cheers Pete.

BGG
17-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Maximum
Details for a 16R
Length 4.8M
Beam 1.84M
Weight 339KG

seabug
17-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi just wondering if anybody out there would have a rough idea of the weight of a Haines V16R (with early 90's model 90hp 2 stroke evinrude)? If not, any ideas on where you could go to weigh it? My trailer is just about cactus (rust) - it looks like the original equipment, single axle job and does not have brakes. I realise that if its over 750 kg my trailer should have brakes. I am not keen to fork out the extra funds for a braked trailer, but would obviously do so in the interests of safety (and compliance with the law.....).

Thanks
Mick.

Hi Mick,

You will be able to find a convenient weighbridge site here

http://www.xcel.com.au/wb/qld.html

With 339kg for bare hull + motor + trailer+Spare + fuel and all the fishing gear
You are most likely overweight.

If you do weigh it can you come back with the weight please.

Regards
seabug

Maximum
17-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. BGG I am amazed you are able to access the exact numbers - I was only expecting a rough guide only.....
I will hopefully be able to get around to one of the weighbridges in the not to distance future (the Tugan one is closest) and will report back, but looks like it'll be over, particularly with fuel, gear etc on board....

Mick

BGG
18-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Mick
I'd love to say it's down to having a great memory but in reality it's the benefit of keeping old mags.