PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Brisbane Mooring

AussieBrad
16-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi fellow Ausfishers,

As you may have read in other threads, I am looking at bringing a 26ft Baycruiser to Brisbane.

I am looking for a fellow Ausfisher (or friend of an Ausfisher) who may have a private Jetty or Berth in the Brisbane area, that they are happy to rent out to me temporarily to dock the baycruiser.

I am in the process of applying for a permanent mooring through MSQ, and am therefore looking for something in the interim. I am happy to pay of course.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also does anybody know which marinas in central Brisbane have lift/crane facilities? Im not wanting to go to Horizon Shores, and preferably closer then Wynnum-Manly. If any???

Many thanks

Brad
brobertson@emergency.qld.gov.au

Fish Guts
16-01-2008, 09:30 AM
newport marina always has a few vacancies.

AussieBrad
16-01-2008, 09:42 AM
newport marina always has a few vacancies.

thanks will investigate

AussieBrad
16-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Also does anybody know which marinas in central Brisbane have lift/crane facilities? Im not wanting to go to Horizon Shores, and preferably closer then Wynnum-Manly. If any???

Blackened
16-01-2008, 03:40 PM
G'day

You have east coast marina, moreton bay boat club, royal queensland yacht club and moreton bay yacht club

they're all in manly. Good luck

Dave

AussieBrad
17-01-2008, 08:08 AM
G'day

You have east coast marina, moreton bay boat club, royal queensland yacht club and moreton bay yacht club

they're all in manly. Good luck

Dave

Thanks for that mate.

No lifts/cranes in the brisbane river????

on-one
17-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Brad, It's also worth checking that they'll lift timber boats, horizon shores wont lift timber boats and I've heard a few other marinas wont.

AussieBrad
17-01-2008, 10:50 AM
thanks for that mate...

def. worth checking

Finnatical
17-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Try Rivergate Marina for lifting the boat. They are on the Brisbane River just under the Gateway Bridge. They look expensive though.

AussieBrad
17-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Try Rivergate Marina for lifting the boat. They are on the Brisbane River just under the Gateway Bridge. They look expensive though.

yeh they are by far the most overpriced marina for berthing etc... not sure about lifting fees tho....

PADDLES
17-01-2008, 11:59 AM
mate, try monty's at beachmere. they will be dirt cheap because it's a krappy looking joint and they possibly won't be as strict as other marinas with rubbish/cleanliness etc. when you're doing your work so it makes life a little easier. i don't know whether they have moorings for rent but they should be able to get your beast out the water and onto a hardstand.

AussieBrad
17-01-2008, 01:11 PM
mate, try monty's at beachmere. they will be dirt cheap because it's a krappy looking joint and they possibly won't be as strict as other marinas with rubbish/cleanliness etc. when you're doing your work so it makes life a little easier. i don't know whether they have moorings for rent but they should be able to get your beast out the water and onto a hardstand.

thanks mate... i got that impression of morris marina at Hemmant as well.

Marlin_Mike
17-01-2008, 02:02 PM
BMIP corner Brisbane River and Doboy Creek or as others call it Aquarium passage.

They have 300 ton lift and 75 tonne lift.

Not sure on cost. And i am sure i have seen timber boats on hardstand tat they would have lifted out.

Mike

Blackened
17-01-2008, 02:12 PM
G'day

There's a few cradles and travel lifts in manly

Horizon shores wont lift timber?? are you sure?? I have seen at least 4 out on the hardstand last ime I was there, and they were too big for the forks and sure as hell didnt walk up there

Brad, also try sunnyside and sampsons marina at thornlands, enter via. eprapah creek, just south of toondah harbour at cleveland

Dave

AussieBrad
17-01-2008, 02:14 PM
BMIP corner Brisbane River and Doboy Creek or as others call it Aquarium passage.

They have 300 ton lift and 75 tonne lift.

Not sure on cost. And i am sure i have seen timber boats on hardstand tat they would have lifted out.

Mike

cheers mate, thier website looks good, will get in touch...

Brad

on-one
17-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I have to admit I heard this second hand but I was talking to someone at horizon shores with a hartley who said they wouldn't lift his boat as it was timber, will have to check next time i'm down there.

AussieBrad
17-01-2008, 02:41 PM
yeh its true, HS dont lift timber

Blackened
17-01-2008, 04:03 PM
G'day

Well why was there a 50+' timber trawler on the hard, a 36' timber cruiser in a shed and a few others?

Must be new rules with the new lift?

Dave

BrewGuru
17-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Brad,

Check with Dave Tripcony at Brisbane Slipways at Brekky Creek I have his number I will pm you let hin know I sent you.
Definately good advice about the ship lift. Iwouldn't do it with mine. Dave has 2 slips and will let you do your own work on the boat.
You could do some permannat damage on the lifts if the straps aren't loaded directly on the bulkhead walls.

Ed

on-one
17-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Dave, were they planked or ply boats? Will be down there soon getting mine lifted to fix the damage from my latest misadventure will see what I can find out.

BrewGuru
17-01-2008, 04:42 PM
The trouble with lifting timber is the weight on the lifting straps have gotta be spot on the bulkhead walls the other thing you have to be careful of is if the engine is cooled by keel cooling pipes that they do not get in the way of the straps, because they will crush under the weight, definately not worth the risk.
Mine is 23 tonne and I just don't know how that weight is distributed along the vessel

sheridan
17-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Try Rudy Maas marina for your temporary birthing they are next to horizon shores but are much much cheaper and has been around a lot longer they also have dry storage but i think you have to have a trailer their phone no: (07) 55462222 Horizon shores tried to buy them out but they won't sell they have a good 3 lane ramp and reasonably safe parking i think they have some births up to 40 ft don't know if any vacant

Geoff

AussieBrad
17-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Cheers guys, i know HS and Rudy Maas quite well, Dad had a baycruiser down cabbage tree point way...

Ed, how and where do you do your antifoul?

BrewGuru
17-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Last antifoul and topside repaint was done at Daves place at Brekky Creek,
Give him a ring he is quite approachable and pretty cheap,
Twas a bit hairy for me I had to fold the mast down and drop the stabiliser about 2 ' to get under the brekky creek bridge, you will have no trouble and i am happy to join you for the trip, if thats the way you wanna go.
Have you bought it yet??

Blackened
17-01-2008, 09:04 PM
G'day

The boats were planked, and one of them had external cooling.

If ply, I can understand that

Dave

AussieBrad
18-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Last antifoul and topside repaint was done at Daves place at Brekky Creek,
Give him a ring he is quite approachable and pretty cheap,
Twas a bit hairy for me I had to fold the mast down and drop the stabiliser about 2 ' to get under the brekky creek bridge, you will have no trouble and i am happy to join you for the trip, if thats the way you wanna go.
Have you bought it yet??

have PM'd you Ed...

:)