PDA

View Full Version : Bayside Bulletin Leters to the Editor 15th Jan

Marlin_Mike
16-01-2008, 05:43 AM
The following is word for word scan from a letter on Page 10 of yesterdays issue of the Bayside Bulletin. I have deleted the writers name as I didnt know if it was appropriate or legal to put his name on it. Other than that it is a full copied scan of the letter.

I for one dont like being called an idiot fisherman.

Marlin_Mike
16-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Another letter from same paper

Chris Ryan
16-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Mike, if their name is published in the paper it is in the public forum so you are covered as you are providing an exact electronic copy of what is in that paper so legally their is no issue.

I am astonished at the attitude of the first letter though.

mad_pierre06
16-01-2008, 07:31 AM
The first one maybe just an example of the paper trying to stir up some controversy - it does sell papers. Pretty moronic commment by the person involved. And yeah, once he's put his name in the public domain, he is fair game provided proper reference is made.

Little grey men
16-01-2008, 10:18 AM
This is where the letter was first penned....perhaps....think about it.
Pinhead gave me the idea for this one. enjoy mate.

Chris Ryan
16-01-2008, 11:20 AM
LGM - gold mate. Deadset dinky die 100% you beaut gold.

Marlin_Mike
16-01-2008, 11:21 AM
The Bayside Bulletin is a free local paper in the Redland Shire that is delivered free to your door every tuesday so that theory is void IMHO.

Mike

The first one maybe just an example of the paper trying to stir up some controversy - it does sell papers. Pretty moronic commment by the person involved. And yeah, once he's put his name in the public domain, he is fair game provided proper reference is made.

mad_pierre06
16-01-2008, 11:31 AM
The Bayside Bulletin is a free local paper in the Redland Shire that is delivered free to your door every tuesday so that theory is void IMHO.

Mike

If they are part of the Quest group, i have seen references and replies made which do name individuals who are being answered. Having said that, is this moron worth ourr energies being wasted. I doubt if he would have much credibility with statements such as he has made. Let him have his little moment of glory, probably helps his self gratification. :-/

GES
18-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I'd say that you can be sure that the comments in the first letter is from a rabid greenie. He, typically, has been unneccessarily abusive, he accuses fishers of having no proof of what they write about while producing none for his own argument and he says he supports the green view while offering no proof of how GZs will help fishing.

The second letter you have reproduced (the longer one) was written by someone I know. He is a handsome, intelligent, knowledgeable gentlemen who is a member of Ausfish. :) ;)

GES

Chris Ryan
18-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Have you been peeking in my windows again GES?? :)

I know it wasn't me that wrote that letter (hmm wonder who it was....??) - but it was well done and obvisously by the grammatical structure must be handsome, intelligent, knowledgeable and an Ausfish member.