PDA

View Full Version : My first dinghy

Tassie JR
14-01-2008, 05:23 PM
G'day picked up my first boat yesterday for $100 she is a 12 foot Vulcan but she dont have a moter yet. The trailer needs a little bit of work doing to it but as far as the boat goes its a bargain. Plus i got 5 near new crab pots with it so i pretty much brought 5 crab pots and got a free boat with them;D . If anybody has a good reliable 9.9 to 15 horse 2 or 4 stroke for sale, i would love to check it out, or i will just stick the old mans 225 on the back and see how we go:P .

cheers tassie JR

Blackened
14-01-2008, 05:29 PM
G'day

Well done mate, now THATS a steal... should have offered the bloke a bottle of rum for it!

throw the 225 on it and see what happens :P

no, don't

Dave

Tassie JR
14-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks Dave he would have probally taken a bottle of rum for it but im happy with it. I also broght my first car the old hilux in the background 2 weeks ago for $50 from the same bloke and she runs fine and she had a good alloy tray, just needs a little work doin to it to get it registed and ill have my towing car as well. I got 2 good buys in 2 weeks.

cheers tassie JR

wiz
14-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Has he got any thing else for sale??????????

you stole them at that price

have fun doing them up

cheers

Blackened
14-01-2008, 06:34 PM
G'day

pfft, hope the car has clear title, has he got the house for sale?? an attractive daughter.... maybe a helicopter somewhere?

Dave

Leighton
14-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Nice boat mate...tell me where do you get the seeds to grow that big white plant in the greenhouse behind your Lux?
My fiance is pretty good at growing Parsley and Mint, maybe she could give that species a crack ;)

Tassie JR
14-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks Wiz, i think hes selling everything and moving to nsw, we should have the lux registed in the next month, and im gonna wait till I find a moter for the boat before i register it.

Hey dave he picked the car up from the cars part at the rubish dump for $20, as she didnt look so good then the engine wasnt going to good either but he had a old toyota van in his yard so he gave me that for $50 as well, we took the alternater, the carby and a few other parts as well, swaped the parts from the van to the lux and now she runs like a dream. some mob came and took the van for nothing so it all worked out good. I had a look for a helicopter but couldnt see one anywhere.

Hey captain stabin they stopped making that seed now, but theres a few seeds in the forsale sction in boats, as for the greenhouse all you need is a fence, big logs and a big green shade cloth and try to talk the fiance into a nice big new seed.

cheers tassie JR

Kleyny
14-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks Dave he would have probally taken a bottle of rum for it but im happy with it. I also broght my first car the old hilux in the background 2 weeks ago for $50 from the same bloke and she runs fine and she had a good alloy tray, just needs a little work doin to it to get it registed and ill have my towing car as well. I got 2 good buys in 2 weeks.

cheers tassie JR
you can stop torturing him now and let him go. ;D
i think you've got enough out of him now;D :P

well done, the rate your going you'll find a motor for 100 smackos

neil

Poodroo
14-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Great going Tassie JR. That's a bargain. I bet you can't wait to get a motor on the back of it huh? The hull looks to be in great condition for that kind of money. Until you get it on the water do you mind if I borrow the crab pots??;) If you are anything like me you have probably been thinking about the boat during the day, and then go to bed thinking about the boat and then have trouble sleeping because you are thinking about the boat and when you finally get to sleep you dream about the boat. Exciting times mate. Well done.
Check out the size of that Jockey Wheel!!!!!! :o Now if that isn't over kill I don't know what is. ;D::)

Regards,

Poodroo

Tailortaker
14-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Well done mate, What a package. I guess we will see you out on the water in your own boat real soon than hey ? Congratulations !
Cheers TT

Tassie JR
14-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks neil, im thinking about going around there over the weekend i heard he could have a good pool table for sale:P , and i might see if he has an outboard hanging around there somewhere::) .

Thanks poodroo, i cant wait to get me outboard, but i still can't drive it untill the 22cd of this month because thats when i can pick my boat licence up from the transport as that when i turn 16. oh well i betta get back to staring::) at it and seaching the trading post for a outboard. How is fishing for a cause coming along?

Thanks Tailertaker i guess you probally will see me zooming around the bribie passage soon.

cheers tassie JR

poundalead
14-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Good onya mate if there were more kids like you the world would be a better place. I reckon one of those new 350hp Yammie jobbies would look good hooning up the Bribie Passage :P

Make sure you let us all know when ya get a donk for her and keep your reports coming buddy

Cheers Benny

Poodroo
14-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks neil, im thinking about going around there over the weekend i heard he could have a good pool table for sale:P , and i might see if he has an outboard hanging around there somewhere::) .

Thanks poodroo, i cant wait to get me outboard, but i still can't drive it untill the 22cd of this month because thats when i can pick my boat licence up from the transport as that when i turn 16. oh well i betta get back to staring::) at it and seaching the trading post for a outboard. How is fishing for a cause coming along?

Thanks Tailertaker i guess you probally will see me zooming around the bribie passage soon.

cheers tassie JR

Tassie JR for now FFAC has been put on hold but not because it wasn't a good idea but rather it had the potential to be too big too fast for us. A lot of people put there hands up in support and that they would help but it always came back to just two people including myself who would put the hard yards in. Then I had a bit of a health scare with my wife who needed a heart operation and then my mother ended up in hospital needing surgery and had major complications after it and then I had health problems which are still with me but under control now thanks to medication. Other important things like rallying to keep Moreton Bay available to fishing have come up since so the decision was made to postpone FFAC for a while. A lot of work was put into it and we can pick up where we left off at any time. Made an announcement in the General section. Keep us up to date with your new boat. I am almost as excited for you as you are. ;D

Cheers,

Poodroo

Tassie JR
14-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks for that poodroo, sorry to hear about you and your familys health issues and like you say illness and keeping moreton bay open is more important than FFAC at this time.

Thanks Benny im half thinking twin 350 yammies but it still might be a bit underpowed, and will keep you's all posted on my progress with her.

cheers tassie JR

Jackal JR
15-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Congradulations tas JR on ya first boat and car, and lets hope you have many fun times in them.

cheers JJ

Tassie JR
15-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks jackal JR, im hoping that i will get lots of exitment out of it well just have to see how we go. Also col from fisher boats has given me an apprentiship there so i start monday, so im looking forward to start working there and learning how to build boats.

cheers tassie JR

Poodroo
15-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks jackal JR, im hoping that i will get lots of exitment out of it well just have to see how we go. Also col from fisher boats has given me an apprentiship there so i start monday, so im looking forward to start working there and learning how to build boats.

cheers tassie JR

Wow you're going ahead in leaps and bounds there young fella. Congratulations on the apprenticeship. Tough it out for a while and I am sure you will be the envy of every Ausfisher being able to build your own boat and at the right price.

Poodroo

Horse
15-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Well done there mate, especially getting the start with Col. Good things come in threes so you might have to pay full book for the donk

dnej
16-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Tassie,
Did you know there are some benefits that Centrelink provide for apprentices.
Check them out.It is paid under Y outh Allowance.
David

Tassie JR
16-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks Poodroo I think it will be a while before i can save up enouph money for a nice new boat but maybe one day.

Thanks horse but i will have to agree with you, things do come in threes and there aint no sign off a cheap moter about anywhere.

Thanks David, i went and checked it out at centrelink after work this afternoon and they said there is benefits but they asked how much mum and dad earnes and they said they earn to much for me to get it, but i am entiled for a healthcare card so if there is any tafe involed they pay for it.

cheers tassie JR

Tailortaker
16-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Congtrats on the job mate, you'll have to get a motor on that boat and join us and your boss up at Mission Point in March..
Cheers Grant

finga
17-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Mate that looks like a great little hull.
It has a similar shape to my first boat.

First there is a motor needed. (the 15 would be dandy, a 20 would be Vrrroooom)
Then there'll be a sounder needed.
Then there'll be nav. lights, anchor light etc needed.
Then there'll be a bilge pump needed.
Then there'll be a little live bait tank needed.
Then there'll be a GPS needed.
Then you'll realise the little boat needs to be the size of your dads boat to fit everything into.

Have fun with your boat matey. Enjoy doing the work on it and the Hilux and I'm sure you'll enjoy the time you'll just have to spend in both.
Congrats on the apprenticeship as well. I'm sure you'll learn the correct way on how to do things at Fisher

PS I'd be tossing the spray guard. You'll need another 5 hp to push that alone and it makes it hard to jump over the front when you finally launch her.
And yep, that jockey wheel is a doosey alright :D

Tassie JR
17-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks TT I should be able to make it. We will just have to see how we go.

Thanks finga, How much money do you think im on:P , I can't wait to i get all the gear for her i need but ill gradually get there, and i wish the backyard would dry a bit more so i can get stuck into finishing the lux. And there is nothing wrong with the jockey wheel, it dont look the best but it does the job its there for.

Also i scored a free marine radio today so thats another thing ill be able to install in her;D , plus there is a base of the arial on the hilux so ill take that off the lux and put on the boat now all i need is the arial itself:D .

cheers tassie JR

timddo
17-01-2008, 06:16 PM
mate expect something around $8.22 a hour.

finga
17-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Also i scored a free marine radio today so thats another thing ill be able to install in her;D , plus there is a base of the arial on the hilux so ill take that off the lux and put on the boat now all i need is the arial itself:D .

cheers tassie JR
He's away. No stopping him now.
First it's a freebie radio. Next it'll be the bait-tank ;D

Tassie JR
19-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks finga got out there and gave her a good clean out today and now she looks a bit better, i hoping to get the trailer all fixed up next week, and get the hilux painted, so ill be bussy next weekend, ive got a stainless container that ill probally turn into the bait tank, and ill get my radio mounted sometime throgh the week, and buy the arial. So everything is gradually coming together for me.

cheers tassie JR

finga
19-01-2008, 04:47 PM
See what I mean??
It'll be rocket launchers and duck boards soon :D

Tassie JR
21-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey finga i might just steel everything off dads boat yet, its got everything my furuno 585 sounder, navman gps, rocket launches, outriggers all my lights, arials, bait tanks, the list just goes on, my boat just needs a few ajustments and everything will fit nicely:P , dads boat wil look a bit bare but mine will look good::) .

But one good thing is i get to pick my boat licence up tomorrow because i turn 16.

cheers tassie JR;D

Tassie JR
04-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey just a quick progress report on my first dinghy, ive now got the trailer all fixed up and is looking good, i got all the rust off it then gave a a coat with kill rust and then i gave a coat off that black tar stuff. I have also got my navman arial now witch is longer then the boat:P . I have also nealy made up my mind about the moter, so far its a brand new 15 hp 2 stroke suzi (bloody cols nealy talked me into it::) ). ill be ready to get it in about 3 weeks if i do end up getting it.
Ill post a pic off the trailer tomorrow or the next day.

cheers tassie JR