PDA

View Full Version : EPA Information on Rezoning

Wantok
14-01-2008, 02:26 PM
The EPA have announced a series of public displays and information evenings. These will be to provide information only and and it is my understanding that there will not be any opportunity for discussion of any concerns that we may have in an open forum. However it will be an opportuinty to discuss the issue one on one with EPA members.

We should all attend our local meeting and encourage any other interested parties that we know to come along. If we can get a good numbers of people to come the EPA may finally wake up to the fact that we are deadly serious in our concerns with the proposals.

I believe that the local member for each area will also be attending these sessions.

The dates and locations are:

Bribie Island Tues 22nd January Bribie Island Community Arts Centre 6pm to 8pm

Redcliffe Wed 23rd January Redcliffe Cultural Centre 6pm to 8pm

Sandgate Thurs 24th January Sandgate Community Centre 6pm to 8pm

Russell Island Tues 29th January Russell Island Recreation Hall

Cleveland Wed 30th January DPI Cleveland

Wynnum Thurs 31st Jan Wynnum Community Hall

Time is running out.

Regards,

Gordon Scamp

Chris Ryan
14-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks for that info Gordon.

Looks like the 10th Feb for the rally is good timing then as we can have the info from these meetings and have our voices heard in each location, then all together at the rally.

Chris

Obi _ Wan
14-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for that Gordon, i'll be there.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan

dazza
14-01-2008, 08:53 PM
hi all,
i wouldn't get too excited, if it is the same as the previous one it will be a few epa admin staff standing around handing out brocures and smiling at everyone. but that is a tick in the consultation box. the women i spoke to had no idea, she wasn't even aware that the bloody great canal she just drove over was once a mangrove lined creek, then they tell us fisho's the bay needs protecting from us, give me a break
cheers
dazza

Chris Ryan
14-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I will try and have a 'postcard' type of file to print out, name address and sign it and hand to these people on the day at these meetings. They then have to acknowledge receipt of this and create paperwork to reply. More paperwork, the better. paperwork is traceable and the public servants hate it.

Chris

Moonlighter
16-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi all

Im my opinion, it will be very important that we fishos show up in large numbers at these sessions and let them know in no uncertain terms that we are not happy, for one critical reason: it keeps the pressure on EPA!!

If only a few fishos, or worse still just a bunch of anti-fishing types shows up, EPA will be able to write in their report to the Minister that the public don't care and the political fallout will be low, so go ahead with your draft proposals.

If on the other hand there are masses of us there, it will, I can assure you, be taken notice of. Especially by the 11 coastal members of Parliament whose seats front the Bay - all of whom are Government members by the way.

So this is a call to all concerned anglers: make sure all your mates know about these sessions and make sure they attend!!!! Get the message out to everyone you know and get them to pass it on to their friends and colleagues.

There's lots of talk and hot air on this site from a lot of people, but this is the time when every one of us can very simply and easily send them a strong message just by fronting up to at least one of these meetings and letting them know: we don't like or support what EPA is proposing to do and if it goes ahead without major change, we will remember it for a long time.

Grant

Chris Ryan
18-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Here is a draft postcard to take to the meetings. I was thinking a co-ordinator at each location can hand these out, get them signed etc and then collect them and present them to the EPA rep onsite.

What do you think?

Chris

Forgot to add that you will need to fold on the dotted line and glue unless you can print duplex.

Tailortaker
18-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Ill be attending the Bribie one for sure.
TT