PDA

View Full Version : Tropical low near Ingham, heads up

FNQCairns
14-01-2008, 09:15 AM
All you blokes Townsville and a fair way below keep an eye on this one, BOM may have misjudged or are up to their old tricks again on this one. Will see what happens.

cheers fnq

horseboy
14-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah started watching it lastnight but the one in close doesnt look to bad it is the one further to the east that may cause a little trouble. Had some awesome rain down here yesterday most suburbs look like canal estates as they do every big rain. got a fly back to work wednesday so had better do a tidy up before i go and tie the boat down and fill it full of water although we are well protected where we are.

Wade

FNQCairns
14-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah Wade it's interesting ATM what will happen, before I posted I pulled up Seabreeze Townsville, bom agrees I think, a person could plan an reef overnighter by these forecasts!

Might be a little bumpy out in a plane by Wednesday:) but Tueseday should be interesting first. Will see what happens.

cheers fnq

horseboy
14-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah i had a look down the wiers all over with a bit of sun the barra will go wild. Just spoke to my oldies in ingham not much rain up there but from just north of tv down had some real heavy falls property out near ross dam had 280mm over night but hope not to much wind gets involved.

wade

pickers
14-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I think you guys are right about that one further out , will be watching from down here too , need the rain BAD to fill the dams...bring it on for us.
RRRRRRRRRRR...... keep a weather eye on the horizon
pickers

Fishin_Dan
14-01-2008, 01:12 PM
It's bloody wet here at the moment ;)