PDA

View Full Version : Mapping error or lowrance setting

Mark Lynch
14-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi , i have a LMS337CDF and have always been happy with the mapping (within reason)recently loaded updated lowrance software and the mapping orientation has changed, a reef on map is on the left side of a marker, when physically its on the right side, what setting has been changed, any help appreciated

Mark

ciateda of a markerangeded nason)
Hi, a have a lowrance lms337CD

Grand_Marlin
14-01-2008, 08:42 AM
G'day Mark,

That is a bit strange, as the update should have no bearing on the charts, as they are separate.

Try checking your Datum in the menu... should be WGS 084.

I would give Lowrance a call, their tech's will sort it for you

Cheers

Pete

honda900
14-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Mark,

Something else to check, whether the setting for north always up is on or not. then change it.

Regards
Honda

Mark Lynch
14-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Cheers Honda

I have 3 selections, north up / track up / and course up, which one is correct, and can the others show mirror images etc

Thanks anyhow

Regards

mark

honda900
14-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Mark,

Up to you the way you want it to be, change it from its current setting to one of the other options, like north up. and then check the map to see if it is back to what you expected to see.

North up always shows north at the top,

In the track-up view, the present position moves straight towards the top of the display. Remember, in the track-up mode, the screen rotates as you change direction

In the course-up mode, the screen is locked into your original bearing to the recalled waypoint, regardless of your track.

I personally like it north up however some dont.

Regards
Honda

SatNav
14-01-2008, 06:57 PM
1. Track up, North up, Course up settings will have no bearing at all on the position relatively of the mapping

2. A software upgrade would not have changed the actual mapping in any way

3. A software upgrade/reset/re-boot will most likely set many configs back to default, which is what needs to be checked.