PDA

View Full Version : bertram 25 or 23

rizzi jnr
13-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi all,

does any body no which bertram is better out of the flybridge 25 and the flybridge 23 because i am thinking of purcasing either one of them.

even no the 25 is bigger why is it alot cheaper than the 23. If any one can give me any information about that it would be great.

Chears Dylan

FNQCairns
13-01-2008, 08:44 PM
My family had a 23 from near new, I have always dreamed of finding one and turning it into a fast CC with twin outboards, will remain a dream I suspect.

Sorry cannot help much except to say the 23 is 2 foot (I think) narrower even but what have you got instore for it?

Interesting that they are now more expensive....more owner/costs friendly for most people possibly??

cheers fnq

BM
13-01-2008, 08:51 PM
The 23 is a lot smaller boat than the 25. The 23 is trailerable without permits so I guess there is greater appeal on those grounds.

Typically the 25 is still dearer than the 23 of the same year although the 23's have been getting up there in price.

The 23 is considerably narrower than the 25. The 25 is 10ft beam.

If you are planning to moor it then go the 25 without doubt. If trailering then its up to you. Both are cumbersome to trailer. The permit in Vic for a 25 is about $50 a year from memory and has some travel restrictions associated with it. I would expect other states to be roughly similar.

Cheers

boogsboat
14-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Make sure it is twin engined whatever you buy. I had a Huntsman 23 (similar Hull) Single Leg with a 350 Chev. Ran beautifully at speed but when idling in to wharves moorings etc absolute pig. Twin engines so much easier using forward and reverse on each side to steer.

Any way thats my two cents worth

Nathan