PDA

View Full Version : Refinishing aluminium windows

on-one
13-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm about to start pulling the windows out of my boat to replace the seals and clean them up. They're aluminium and appear to be sound can anyone recomend a good powdercoater in brisbane or is there something in an aerosol can that would work ok to paint them with?

on-one
14-01-2008, 11:02 AM
One other question, what should I use to bed them in with? Is bathroom silicone ok is there some sort of special marine sealant?

mik01
14-01-2008, 11:26 AM
One other question, what should I use to bed them in with? Is bathroom silicone ok is there some sort of special marine sealant?

pretty sure there is marine grade silicone. don't use ordinary silicone

shubeej
14-01-2008, 10:24 PM
on-one,
if your up brendale way go see ralph at custom coatings in leonard cresent they will be able to recoat them for you.
shubeej

Seahorse
15-01-2008, 07:06 AM
thought this was covered before.
u can get aerosol and paint any colour u want in 2 pak and if u want to do urself it can be mixed in iso free.
The units are called preval and completely reusable and cost about $17, and gas refills can be bought for them at about $11.
This way u can use any paint through an aerosol.
Just gotta buy ur paint.

Cheers
greg

on-one
15-01-2008, 09:55 AM
thanks shubeej & seahorse, i'd prefer aerosal if I can as I want to do one window at a time which would be a lot of trips to a powdercoater. Where can I buy these and do they have to be used within certain time?

Seahorse
15-01-2008, 05:59 PM
no time to use them. just run bit thinner through it after each use. where are u? just give me a call. i will send u pm

greg