PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine A60-A65

andkat
12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi all,
Now onto my next dilema:)
As those with Barcrushers will know, the cockpit dosn't leave to much room for electronics.
My first choice would be the A60 (only due to a tight Budget) but may look at stretching it for the A65.
Has any one got one of these units?
If so are you happy?:)
cheers
Andy

abundy
02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi Andy
I got an A65 about 3 months ago. Easiest sounder gps i have ever used, and i have had a few in past. I have used in fresh as well as salt. Fantastic.
In split screen mode gps.sounder size of screens are good. HD colour digital is the way no mistaking fish from stucture. I am sure all or most other A65 owners tell the same tail. no complaints from me.....so far.

Cheers Al

tenzing
04-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Andy
I have an A65 (which was fitted by Sundown in their last week - as it turned out)
I also have a furuno 620 , which is just as well , as I lost the transom mounted transducer from the raymarine ON THE SECOND TRIP. Cant really go back and complain now. HOWEVER, the plotter is superb and easy to use , and from what I can remember the sounder is first rate and HD is spectacular. It even worked at the same time as the furuno which is a thru hull.

I will try to get Raymarine to accept some respnsibility for the transducer loss as it appears to have come clean off the mounting plate at the hinges. We'll just see!

I would highly recommend the A65 ,but I would think about the thru hull transducer.(I only used the transom mount as it was supplied with the unit.)

Regards
Brendan

Fiji fish head
05-02-2008, 09:21 PM
andy,

i was a big fan of the A65 when i first got it ,i have a 1kw thru hull transducer as well, maybe its set up wrong i havent worked it out properly yet, but i can only read depths up to 40 fathoms, the plotter is great but if you can get unit with a bigger screen,go for it!, most of the time i use my plotter and sounder at the same time and can barely see the bottom when the screen is split

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/