PDA

View Full Version : Shark Capture down south...????

Pistol_P
10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
A Melbourne fisherman has caught a 2.4m bronze whaler shark after an epic three hour battle in Port Phillip Bay. ...

Why do stories like this make the news....????

Whats the big deal about someone catching a shark...???

Thought it was quite funny making the head story on nine news at the moment..?::) ::)

Pete

ffejsmada
10-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah it's bullsh!t isn't it????::)::)

Unfortunately the poor old shark has a stigma tied to it that it's a man-eater and that all sharks are better off dead.
To the ignorant and ill-informed, a dead shark is a good shark.

I love sharks, apex predators!

How wrong some people are!!!!

Jeff.

whatscracken
10-01-2008, 08:51 PM
The Victorians do like their flake though. That story is a nice break from that mess in the cricket at the moment.

crossy
10-01-2008, 09:50 PM
hmm it says he will get about 6months of meals out of it... he must realy like shark. i think it made headlines cause he was in a rubber dingy, but its a alloy boat behind him in the pick. bronzys dont have that bad of a temper.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=344457

el_carpo
11-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Thought it was quite funny making the head story on nine news at the moment..?::) ::)

Pete

I agree a million-billion-gazillion percent. "The news" has become an absolute joke. I watch the "local" and "world" news that the idiot box shows me on my local channels and I can't believe what I'm seeing. I'm sorry, but I don't care at all what Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and any of their air-headed clones are doing to further disgrace themselves.

It feels like we're in Alice in Wonderland. Wars going on, the next pandemic killer disease waiting to strike, genocides, basically any horror you could imagine and what do they show us? Sharks and celebrity lunatics. And they wonder why people go to the internet for real news instead of them.

Bread and circus, I think the Romans called it.

Uggghhh!!

It's interesting to see that a guy catches a shark I guess but to have it on the news? No.

NAGG
11-01-2008, 08:32 AM
A Melbourne fisherman has caught a 2.4m bronze whaler shark after an epic three hour battle in Port Phillip Bay. ...

Why do stories like this make the news....????

Whats the big deal about someone catching a shark...???

Pete

Head story ....... Thats because the Indian cricket team story is starting to die off ( Kiss & Make up)::) Nagg

eotbmg
11-01-2008, 09:50 AM
I think its cos the Melbournians really only have flathead, whiting and Snapper to catch, so when something out of the ordinary comes along, its groundbreaking!!!! Trust me i lived there for 20 years. We thought a 4 kilo snapper was a fish of a life time. You now know why i now reside in beautiful sunny coast, the fishing is endless!!!!!
Cheers
Ben

Scott nthQld
11-01-2008, 03:03 PM
a 2.4m shark isn't that big anyway (i've brought much bigger specimens to the boat on several occasions), I mean sure, it'd be a great fight on a line, but there are much bigger shraks out there, so this one has nothing remarkable about it, unless it was caught on beachworms in someone's backyard swimming pool out of one of those little rubber blow up boats, while using 2lb line to catch whiting, then it would be remotely newsworthy.

Al_Macka
11-01-2008, 03:50 PM
They just LUV eat'n shark down there , he's after bragging rights,,,,,,,,, All the neighbours be eat'n shark , people over the back fence, cousins.. LOL

shaman
11-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Should of fed the Indian Cricket Board to the Bronzie imo

larfin
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I agree with el carpo a million-billion-gazillion and one percent.
cheers
greg