PDA

View Full Version : lowrance upgrades software

outsiderskip
10-01-2008, 09:58 AM
just letting u know that u can download new software
for your gps and globalmaps .i got a 5500global map and down loaded new version1.8 today .you need java and a sd card and its so simple to download and install

pete

seamaid
10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
:)
just letting u know that u can download new software
for your gps and globalmaps .i got a 5500global map and down loaded new version1.8 today .you need java and a sd card and its so simple to download and install

pete

Good one Pete i am very interested installing
cheers ged

DAVE_S
10-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Pete
its a good idea to log on to the lowrance site every month and check for updates on the unit you are using . normally after each version it with give you the date when it was updated .

Mark Lynch
14-01-2008, 08:39 AM
There is new software on the lowrance site, updated 2/12/2007 version 1.9.0
SD card is all thats required, and print off the instructions page to load to unit

Moonlighter
14-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi all

Same applies for Eagle units - being close cousins of Lowrance, they have the same updates available. I've installed version 1.9.0 on my Seacharter 500cdf.

As per another thread, it does reset some settings and units of measure, and the unit thinks it's in the USA when you turn it on again.

But once locked on to local satellites and having gone through and changed settings to your own preferences, all works fine. Although as yet I haven't noticed any differences - be interested to know if others have seen any noticeable changes?

It seems that Lowrance/Eagle do these software updates about every 12 months - last one was Dec 2006 that fixed a few annoying glitches that several of us had repeatedly pointed out to their Aust and USA offices!

Grant