PDA

View Full Version : stoved car at cabbage tree ramp

Captain Dan
09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
hi guys, i've just bought myself a boat and joined this site so its not real flash to open my account with a message as follows... With all this dodgy weather about, we jumped at the chance to wet a line last sunday knowing it would not be very fruitful... so heading back to the ramp with only 2 sandies on board, a little dissapointed, we find our car had been damaged in the carpark... A note was left with a name and mobile number, although i have been trying to phone it all week only for it to be 'turned off or unavailable'... think i've been had??? its not huge damage however the front left gaurd needs replacing... any ideas other than cop it sweet would be appreciated!!! Or if anyone saw someone smash into a black SS & took notice let me know. cheers dan

kingtin
09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
In cases like that, any information made available to police or insurance investigators are allowed to be used for searching purposes. The name and mobile No can therefore, legally be used in a trace. Whether the police would be interested is another matter and whether the name and number is being used by the culprit to set someone else up, is also a possibility.

I do know that my insurance traced a liable person from the only ID I had of the culprit, which was their rego.

Hope it gets resolved mate, and welcome to the site.

kev

FNQCairns
09-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Every chance there were witnesses so the perp did what he needed to while they were watching but with false particulars, suspect they wouldn't have hung around long, shame someone didn't add another piece of info like the rego number after they had high tailed it.

cheers fnq

gunna
09-01-2008, 12:29 PM
How were you parked ?? I always park nose in as I've seen cars parked nose out that have been hit by incompetents trying to reverse trailers into the adjoining space.

PinHead
09-01-2008, 05:00 PM
just put in a claim with your nsurance company..let them do the chasing aorund.

disorderly
09-01-2008, 05:03 PM
just put in a claim with your nsurance company..let them do the chasing aorund.

But what happens with your excess and no claim bonus?

PinHead
09-01-2008, 05:10 PM
But what happens with your excess and no claim bonus?

with mine..if not my fault then no loss of no claim bonus
excess..don't have one

disorderly
09-01-2008, 05:14 PM
with mine..if not my fault then no loss of no claim bonus
excess..don't have one

I like it!!
care to share ...your insurer is?

kingtin
09-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I like it!!

NRMA have same scheme but no excess means higher premium. You can also protect your no claims discount for only a slightly higher (insignificant) premium.

kev

PinHead
09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I like it!!

my cars are all part of a business bundle..public liability, tools and vehicles.

polky
09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Now that sucks, polky.