PDA

View Full Version : humminbird or lowrance sounder

Kleyny
08-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I have narrowed my new sounder down to a Lowrance x86ds or a humminbird matrix 12, or 525, or 535.

I cant decide, pros and cons for each would be appreciated.

thanks
neil

BigE
09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
like my bird,

davez104
09-01-2008, 02:49 PM
What sort of fishing do you do? If it's just dams and rivers you would be right with the lowrance you listed. If it was me I would spend a bit more and go for a higher spec lowrance, like the x-125. If you fish on the reefs etc, there is no choice. F U R U N O ! ! ! :)

Dave.

Kleyny
09-01-2008, 04:58 PM
What sort of fishing do you do? If it's just dams and rivers you would be right with the lowrance you listed. If it was me I would spend a bit more and go for a higher spec lowrance, like the x-125. If you fish on the reefs etc, there is no choice. F U R U N O ! ! ! :)

Dave.

i like the furuno L4100 but its just in my price range before i even think of what transducer i get. it beats me why they would advertise a price of a sounder without a transducer:(

most of my fishing is estaury with a little bit of moreton bay thrown in for good measure.

neil

johnnyb
09-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I was thinking of getting the 7200c Lowrance??

any good or bad news on this

ScubaSteve_US
10-01-2008, 12:57 PM
A big con to the current Lowrance units is the production of there transducers have been moved to Mexico. These transducers inferior to the Airmar transducers they used prior to moving production. It's sad to see what used to be a good solid performing product in rapid decline in reputation. Manufacturers that are doing it right are Furuno, Raymarine and Garmin. All there current offerings are very good fishfinders. Unless I was looking at Humminbirds specialty side imaging products I would probably go with one of the aforementioned three.

-Neil
Scuba Steve's Marine

larfin
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
And the winner is ............... Furuno
At least for my money
cheers
greg

finding_time
12-01-2008, 04:29 PM
In the poll you need a " None of the above box"

Ian

nautilus
13-01-2008, 08:56 AM
I have a lowrance lms 339igps. I like it a lot. I have not seen a humminbird that comes close to the resolution. After having quite a good look around for sounders I have found the best thing to do is have a look at the two you want side by side (if possible) a lot of boat shops will have them set up in demo mode. Pick the one that has the best screen (clearest, sharpest, brightest and especially biggest). I think that you will find it is the lowrance, but I could be wrong. Don't worry about all the features, they all do what you want them to.