PDA

View Full Version : Why I should buy a Poly boat

rc@hinze
07-01-2008, 09:34 PM
I am looking for an all round boat for impoundments and estuary fishing. I will manly be casting lures. It will also be nice if on a calm day if I could go out to places like Palm Beach Reef and up into Moreton Bay.

My main problem is that my main dam is Hinze and only allows electrics.
I have seen no one up there in a poly. I believe the open 4.1 will be the most suitable boat for me. Weight wise it around the same as a Quintrex or Makocraft tinnie of the similiar size with the tournament set up of casting decks etc.

I will have a transom and bow electric plus I want a 40 HP 4stroke for larger impoundments and salt work. I quite like the advertised benefits of a Poly boat but I would like to hear why people bought theirs.

thanks
Richard

squizzytaylor
08-01-2008, 06:24 AM
In my case I purchased the Poly for several reasons but first and foremost was value for money, I had a deposit on a Bluefin barracuda when a mate invited me out on his 4.55 centre console. I was that impressed with the boats ride and handling that I cancelled the BF order and ordered the poly 4.55 side console instead. The price by the way was $6000 less for the poly with the same motor,accesories.
Additionally

*easy to customise and accessorise.
*Very easy to clean
*Trailer set up is the best I have seen (easier to trailer than my old 4.00 tinny)
*Excellent support through Polycraft and the Poly owners website
*Very quiet on water.

Cheers
Geoff

Can we not turn this into a poly bashing thread guys?

Poodroo
08-01-2008, 06:51 AM
I love them but the only reason I didn't buy one myself was that I found them expensive by comparison. Initially when they first hit the market they were a good cheaper option but they went up big time.

Poodroo

squizzytaylor
08-01-2008, 07:35 AM
I love them but the only reason I didn't buy one myself was that I found them expensive by comparison. Initially when they first hit the market they were a good cheaper option but they went up big time.

Poodroo

What would you compare an open polycraft to though Poodroo? they effectively come with livey tanks, flat floor and storage which you would have to pay considerably more for in a tinny.

Cheers
Geoff

5Zigen
08-01-2008, 09:53 AM
My first 3 yrs of fishing was done extensively off a mate's 4.1 Poly side console and I can't say enuff good things about this boat. It really was a fun 3 yrs::)

The ride is so nice and soft, nicks and scratches on the body can be easily repaired, very stable for its size (no more, no less than equivalent tinny),quieter than the tinnies I've fished in, in regard to hull slap or just general banging whilst walking around(not saying I don't like tinnies-I still do),huge livewell if u plumb the front storage cavity and with a 50HP (it was a 4 stroke Suzi), its nice and zippy(and extremely frugal on the fuel).

On the flip side, IMO, the 4.1 can have a slightly wet ride sometimes, which can be mitigated by better driving of the boat....and I'm not 100% but I think its slightly heavier than a tinny of similar size.

Hope this helps:P