PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Comp this weekend?

Wheelchairguy
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi All,

Well I was in BCF last week and the guy there mentioned that there was a comp down the coast this weekend, was wondering if anyone had any information about it or where I could go to find out what comps are on and what comps are coming up?

Any info anyone could give would be great.

Cheers

Shane

Why-ting
07-01-2008, 05:09 PM
It might be the gold coast bream summer series on sunday 13th. If ya want info on comps go to B.R.E.A.M.comAnd go to the forums section.

marty_z
07-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Shane,

There are heaps of comps on throughout the year, but the problem is they are run by numerous groups so it can be a bit hard to find the info if you don't know where to look. As someone mentioned on another post, mags like BnB list a number of upcoming comps, but not all get listed.

The comp this weekend is the 2nd round of the QLD Bream Summer Series - you can find more info at www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb_/viewtopic.php?p=22430. With all the rain and fresh in the rivers at the moment it will be interesting to see how many fish get caught - I know some people who have decided against fishing this comp this weekend due to the poor condition of the water at present.

Marty.

Wheelchairguy
07-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Awesome guys, thanks so much for the info, personally i dont quite have the lure fishing down pat just yet so wont be entering but was thinking of heading down for the weigh in to have a look at what its all about and hopefully get a chance to have a chat to a few of the guys down there.

Cammy
07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
do they have any land based comps around brisbane?i dont suppose they r that common, cause i dont have a boat, and me and my mate would be keen as!

cam

rayken1938
08-01-2008, 07:35 AM
do they have any land based comps around brisbane?i dont suppose they r that common, cause i dont have a boat, and me and my mate would be keen as!

cam
Brisbane Rover Classic in December each year can be land of boating based.
Last years event was won by a land based caught 2.7metre bull shark.
Here is another land based comp you may be interested in.
Cheers
Ray Lions Club of Petrie Family fishing event - Australia Day 2008 Saturday 26th January

The Lions Club of Petrie will hold its second family fishing day at LakeKurwongbah

Venue: In the LionsPark , Torrens Road, Petrie. Free Parking

Time: 6.30 am to 12 noon.

Register now by phoning 32058674 / 38892413 or sign on starts at 6.30 a.m. fee of $3.00 per child or $10 per family and bait will be available for sale. All registered children are automatically entered into a lucky draw prize consisting of fishing rod and. reel combination plus fishing equipment.

Major raffle with hundreds of dollars of fishing equipment to be won. Plus lucky draw and novelty prizes will be held during the morning ensuring all the children there have an opportunity to win some of the great prizes available.

The day is again aimed at providing children and families with the opportunity to have a great day fishing whilst helping eradicate the pest fish Tilapia from the lake.

We hope to better the thousand fish caught and removed from the lake last year

The Pine Rivers Fish Management Club will hold clinics for children to learn the art of fishing and some rods will be available for children to use during the morning.

Hot food and cold drinks available for sale.

BBQ facilities are also available in the park.

Sponsored by:-
Geo W McPherson (Platypus),
Pure Fishing Agencies ( Abu, Berkley, Halco)
Alvey
Bendigo Bank,
PRSC.