PDA

View Full Version : Aussie fishing park - Bli Bli.

udlman
06-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Went up the Sunshine coast today to do the Underwater world thing with the girlfriends nephew, and decided to go to the barra park, well I must say that I am less than impressed. We didn't even fish, Price has gone up from $15 per day (as per the web) to $25 per hour. Nephew upset, but i'll be buggered if I am going to pay $150 to fish for 2 hours, and no garuntee to get a fish either.

Brad.

Flattie Assassin
06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Are you kidding?? 25 dollars an hour. Bahahhahaha. I hope the joint sinks and all the pond donkeys escape into the river.

Keechie
06-01-2008, 07:32 PM
hi mate sorry but i think you may of made an error i fished there about 2 weeks ago and the price was $25 for 3 hours and $35 for a full day for an adult.

regards,
keechie

imnotoriginal
06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Did the owners tell you this or was this how you read it off the board?
Joel

udlman
06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Thats what the people at the front desk told me. There weren't any prices posted at all.

Maybe they weren't interested. dunno. They had to ask 4 others before we got a price.

Brad.

imnotoriginal
06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
That's terrible mate. I heard the park had new owners and was relieved as the last owners weren't particularly well organised. I hope this is just teething problems for the new owners, but they won't last long with prices like that.
Joel

catfishkid
06-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I went to take my son there some time ago and here is what happened.
The advertising material,(Brochure) stated both full and half day rates,was told on arrival that half day rates no longer existed as people would turn up in the morning and fish all day,seems fair,but we didnt arrive until after 1pm so it would have been imposible to fish for more than half a day an i argued that this was the case.I sugested that if i had to pay for a full day i would go fish in the river and come back when i was able to fish all day,the entire conversation had been good natured until I was told that I wouldnt catch any barra in the river and if i wasnt happy dont come back.WTF!!.
I havent been back and never will.

Cheers Craig

crossy
06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
that's shocking, do you have to pay to keep the barra???? $25 for 3hrs is still pretty steep.

Cammy
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
yer i think u do have to pay for the barra, thats so stupid as if people r goin to go there now, i went there at the end of 06 and the prices were good like before. but, if that really is there prices i wont be goin there for a long time.

cam

Keechie
07-01-2008, 06:50 AM
you do have to pay for the barra but when i went a few weeks ago they only just changed hand and they didn't know the price so they just said $20 a kilo now it is most likely up to $30+.

regards,
keechie

Bronson
07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
i called up 2 weeks ago and they said it was $35 for a full day not $25 an hour but who knows what could of happened in 2 weeks

bron

woodsy76
07-01-2008, 05:33 PM
every time i go there the price creaps up ,no more i will keep going up to monduran and catch real barra from now on.the will cut there own throuts

chris_lure_man
07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
i think they made a mistake because i fished there 3 days agoo and it was 20$ for 6 hours, soo i dont no wat went wrong but i would way rather go to an impoundment or up north to catch wild barra any day.

cheeers chris

Nico.d.R
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
it used to be 15 bucks a kilo and they wiegh it with the guts and all . it is pricey but i think it is easyer to go there and pay that than it is to organise a trip to monduran , not saying it is anywhere as good , but it is close and you can get barra there .

Lovey80
07-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Ive contemplated going there many times but don't see the sport in it. Are the barra in Salt or Fresh water at the Barra park?

Cheers Chris

Cammy
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
salt water, and there isnt much sport in it, its mainly just for the first timers like me;D , unless you want to improve
on ur barra fishing, but if you wanted to do that, go there in winter and try to improve as its the hardest time to catch em, last time i went in winter it was half price and there was 2 ppl there including me, all that was caught was bream and mullet.

cam

Jimbo73
09-01-2008, 12:22 AM
i use to work with a bloke who said he went barra fishing on his holidays. we asked him where he went and he told the story of going to Bli BLI barra park and throwing out hand fulls of fish pellets then putting one on the hook to catch these barra in the ponds. we all laughed . if this is the way you fish these parks , what a waste of money,then on top you have to pay per kilo to keep em. ha what a joke.

crab man
09-01-2008, 07:57 AM
yeah i fished there once and it was pellets not fishing !! it was like feedng my pet red devil then putting a hook n his food haha , but in saying that i guess its good for the young ones ! and those of us who carnt get time to go to the barra dams . i have not /will not be back Craig

Flattie Assassin
09-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Yep, i'd be too embarrassed to have a picture taken of myself holding one of them pond donkeys. Let alone put it on Ausfish etc. ;)

udlman
09-01-2008, 05:11 PM
The reason we went there was because the young fella doesn't like fishing from a boat, so taking him to awoonga/monduran is out of the question, it was nice and close to where we were anyhow. The look on a kids face is priceless regardless of where the fish was caught.

I remember my first fish, was at staddie and my father actually caught the dart and then put it on my line and let it go for a few seconds and then got me to pull it in. Those are the memories that won't be forgotten.

Brad.

land-lubber
09-01-2008, 09:38 PM
i used to fish the barra park fairly often for something to do when i got stuck on the coast. U get out of it what u put in. i mainly fish with soft plastics there and it is actually really hard to hook one, they are well educated fish. One thing is u have to fish light to attract the strikes (im talking big boys pond here) 8lb is max, 4lb or 6lb is preferable. Its good to hear the park changed hands the other week, hopefully it improves.

plaztix
10-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Didn't someone post, just the other day, that the park lost about 80% of the barra into the river from the rain we just had?

Jimbo73
10-01-2008, 03:22 PM
yeh i think that did happen Plastix . it was posted that they are cathching the escapies in Petrie crk i think it was, pretty sure i read about them losing alot of fish in a local rag aswell so must be true. apparently their going off on red sinking fish pellets.;D

land-lubber
10-01-2008, 06:21 PM
popped in for a look about today to see what the new ownership is like. Looks to be heading in the right direction, 35 for the day 25 for 3 hrs (i think). no probs with fish stock, heaps caught while i was there. the new management seems to be heaing in the right direction, new fish stock on the way and money being put into the buisness.
cheers

imnotoriginal
10-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Well that's great to hear Mick. That place has so much potential but little things always seemed to let it down. The appearance of the place would improve tenfold with just a little tlc, like cleaning up the rubbish, mowing all the really long grass round the back and putting in some decent rod holders. Call those fish whatever name you want, Mick's right, they're bloody smart from being fished at all the time and you have to work hard for your fish still.
Joel

Tropicaltrout
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Gee for those prices it nearly what its worth to chuck a tank of fuel in the car and boat between two blokes and do Monduran for the day and reap much better rewards, nup wont be heading there anymore.

They could really have a ball with that place run comps every week and do all sorts of things and not charge silly amounts and make it simply catch and release so to keep their cost down in resocking?????
TT

loophole
11-01-2008, 12:30 AM
im stayin away

63eh
11-01-2008, 02:07 AM
the guys that used to run it where bums, hopefully its heading it the right direction, if nothing else good day out for the kids

woodsy76
11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
when everyone is saying new managment how new are we talking .how long ago did they take over?

land-lubber
11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
The management has been running it for about a month now, just getting things sorted out. The company is the same that runs the ski park, its a major property/developing group i think. they have seen the potential and have decided to run it themselves for now (the land was on lease to the barra park from the company). And i have never seen it so busy as it has been over the past week or so.

dkposswah
07-02-2011, 09:11 AM
you guys should have a look at mango paradise near bundy. its a farm stay/ barra farm. i didnt go there but it looks better than aussie fishing park. i went to aussie fishing park about 10 years ago and it was great. $35 for the day and you only had to keep barra from the small pond. the other ones you threw back.
http://www.mangoparadisebedandbarra.com/

flyin marlin
07-02-2011, 09:47 AM
i was at the park on saturday.it cost $55 for 2 adults and 2 kids for 3 hours.there must of been at least 50 people there.i was there as it was my son best friends 8 year old birthday.they had a great time. we took live herring for bait and caught 4 barra and lost 4.we also saw atleast 15 other barra caught from we're we were sitting.there was some big barra caught.i know its not the same up north but the young boys had a great time and i saw plenty of other people doing the same.its a place to go for something a little diferent from fishing the norm down here at the SE coast.

Chamelion
09-02-2011, 02:31 AM
The park has somewhat improved in recent times... New owners again not too long ago has seen the place cleaned right up.

Plenty of barra to be caught and prices are (from memory) $25 for half a day or $35 for a full day for adults. Children are $15/$25 and families are $55/$75... The option of keeping the fish no longer exists, catch and release only now.

If you go there expecting something akin to wild barra you're going to be dissapointed... However, go there and fish with 1-3 or 2-4kg outfits with 4lb main and 6lb leader (with lures or pellets) and there is much much fun to be had. :)

Matt.

Chamelion
12-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Not to worry, Mondy, Awoonga, Kinchant and so on ALL contain pond donkeys. The only difference is the size of the body of water and the type of food eaten by the fish.

Triple
29-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Bringing back an old topic - Mate of mine wants to go, Has anyone been there lately? Now trading as http://suncoastbarrafishing.com/ and I just want to know if its worth going pond donkey fishing here?

Mrs Ronnie H
30-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi
haven't been of late but i enjoyed it when I went.
Gee I must belong to the Elite club of pond donkeys too.

don't think this has turned out a very nice thread-- but each to their own opinion I suppose.
So from one pond donkey to another if you want a fun day out with the kids tis worth it.

Ronnie

fat-buoy
31-08-2012, 08:39 AM
I have only ever known 1 person to go there and they were dissappointed. A guy at work went with his son and they were handed a bucket of pellets to use as bait... didn't catch a cracker.

There was a guy across from him on the pond using live poddy mullet as bait and he didn't do any good either but says that he normally cleans up on the live baits?

Snyderglasman
03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi guys

I just wanted to share my experiencewith you guys we went to the barra park about 12 months ago. We bought tickets off the our deal website full days fishing for $35.00 rod and bait hire included. so we drove up there from Brisbane and checked in all ok they honoured the voucher. But heres were it all went down hill. It stated on ther website that they had modern facilities bbq and tables and chairs well were we in for a shock the bbq i woundnt let me dog eat off the chairs and tables were so filthy it was cleaner to stand up the place looked like no body had done a damm thing to it in years. The bait or boils they call them were so old and off they fell of your hook insantly and the rod and reels they had were absolute garbage they were broken or didnt work. My advice take your own fishing gear bait chair and anything else you need as the facalities dont exist and or work other than that there are some huge barra there we landed about eight between us all ove 60cm

Bronson
06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
last time i whent up to fish the park i was greatly disapointed also.Ive fished this place maybe once a year for the last 6 -7 years.Anyway went up just after new years this year january 2nd and fished for the day it was the first time i have payed to fish all day and couldent hang around all day as there where no barra feeding on the pellets left at lunch and came back an hour later in hope the afternoon will fire them up. Not to be first visit i havent caught a fish i was very disappointed and the staff wherent much help eaither.2 of us fishing all day and not one barra even thou there are hundrends in there and cant go anywhere also found a fair few unhelthy barra crusing the top of water collum was a sad sight.My yearly visits have and will stop as the fishing was poor and the staff where no better.

Bron