PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Old Logan

mamu
06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
G'day all,
Went out this morning to try my hand at hooking up on one of these famed bull sharks down the logan. Leaving from Cabbage Tree and headed north toward the Logan and came across the first flodd water vs the salt and MAN wasnt there some crap floating in the water. On route to my spot x I passed a bloke towing a water tank, just under the powerlines. My guess is that it was finders keepers. I slowed down to have a giggle then powered up to the mouth. This is where the magnitude of the flood opened up. I nearly hit a beer keg bobbing down the river so I claimed that for...... not quitesure yet. Lost count of the full size logs half submerged bobbing their way to freedom. There were heaps of dead herring ( i think thats what they were) floating as well.
I cant believe the amount of plastic bottles that get discarded. well they are all floating toward the jumpinpin right now enroute to the ocean.

apart from that not a damn nibble but managed to bring home a flatty that committed suicide in my crab pot.

thats all.
Matt

sandbankmagnet
06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't think the plastic bottle were discarded, they are more likely coming from places upstream that have been flooded. Rubbish left in parks, sure, but people's wheelie bins etc would add to it.

oldboot
06-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Well thats waht the logan needs...... a good flush out....... best thing to happen to that river for many years.;D

All that rubish will end up in the beaches:-[

cheers

larfin
06-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I live at jimboomba and the level of the logan was the highest I have seen it for many years.A good flush out will help the fishing later on.
cheers
greg

manchild
07-01-2008, 07:56 AM
The gully at the end of the property was about 6-7 metres under.I found a wheelie bin,a dogkennel and half a plastic playground caught up in the bushes this morning.
George

LeeannP
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
The Logan is a big mess whether it's in flood or not. If the EPA want to save Moreton Bay they should start looking at cleaning up the rivers that run into it. Perhaps councils should start fining people that litter. It all ends up in the ocean sooner or later.