PDA

View Full Version : Music in your Boat?

youngy555
05-01-2008, 04:03 PM
afternoon, took adavntage of the poor weather and a mate an i just finished fitting a cd player and speakers to the boat, just wondering what peoples opinion is on whether they reckon music (not loud doof doof, just enough to entertain) would spook fish... he says no, i reckon it might.

Wahoo
05-01-2008, 04:12 PM
hi Youngy555
we always have music going, had a BBQ here one night and a girlfriend ( friend) brought her laptop with shite loads of music on it and and quite a few PPL had a go downloading on a M/stick something like 600 tunes on it, we just plug it in and put it on random never had a problem with catching fish, the decki thinks it brings them on.... LOL

Daz

steve99
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Whenever i fish for wahoo down the tweed i always have deep purple and led zeppelin playing on my boats dvd player. personally i reckon it increases your strike rate. Last year when i had Ritche Blackmore playing guitar real loud i caught 12 big hoo in one session Im sure its the sound of that fender stratocaster that really gets them fired up[seriously].

Leighton
05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
the snapper bit to Eminem this morning

nigelr
05-01-2008, 05:12 PM
King Crimson brings on the snapper!
To hell with this weather..........lol

steve99
05-01-2008, 05:27 PM
nigelr your showing your age. King crimson havnt been around since the seventies. cheers steve99

Flattie Assassin
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Whenever i fish for wahoo down the tweed i always have deep purple and led zeppelin playing on my boats dvd player. personally i reckon it increases your strike rate. Last year when i had Ritche Blackmore playing guitar real loud i caught 12 big hoo in one session Im sure its the sound of that fender stratocaster that really gets them fired up[seriously].

Richie Blackmore's Sweet child in time solo = Best guitar solo Ever!!!

Tangles
05-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Well, Ritchie was my guitar hero as a kid, makes sense;D

mike

sid_fishes
05-01-2008, 06:59 PM
but as a drummer,it dont work with drum solo,s. man i hate that hey

sid_fishes
05-01-2008, 07:01 PM
but i am putting a fm radio on board , just so i can hear the sport

PinHead
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
hmmm..nothing better than Black Sabbath, Rage Against the Machine or Rammstein when travelling..when at anchor ..the sonorious tones of Tom Waites is a lure nothing can resist..or some guitar work of Johnny Winter.

finga
05-01-2008, 08:34 PM
the snapper bit to Eminem this morning
So do I http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_23.gif

emin-fringin' em. Sounds like an imported Smarty too me.
Mmmm Smarties http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/F/0/32p.gif

The poor nobbies were just trying to get to the thing ruining the serenity and chomping it's head off. That's all.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_39.gif

webby
05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
People on boats make enough noise as it is, let alone playing music.
If you fish the bay and happen to anchor near me, be prepared for some flying objects as your certainly not out there to catch anything.
regards

onerabbit
05-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm amazed,

I love the peace & solitude of a day at sea, the chance to get the crap out of your system , either through chattting with your mate or doing it by yourself, & then leaving it out there.

Might just be me,

Muzz

PinHead
05-01-2008, 08:49 PM
People on boats make enough noise as it is, let alone playing music.
If you fish the bay and happen to anchor near me, be prepared for some flying objects as your certainly not out there to catch anything.
regards

I could sing to you..I will do requests!!!!!

Oh Danny Boy..the pipes, the pipes are calling........will that do ??????

sid_fishes
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
u know , when i was a wee lad and started work as an apprentice panel beater, i worked with a great bloke hey, could straighten anything better than new, but he used to sing to me every day,frank sinatra all day every ####ing day, till one day he said it was my turn. well i new the words[ all of them,still do just not the right songs] i think i lasted about ten minutes huh, shit it cost me a fortune at the pub frid arvo,s. isn,t anything wrong with music,just not that damn loud while your fishing, sorry webby, diferent poeple different ideas

steve99
05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey pinhead,your right on the money with black sabbath,ozzy can really get them fish biting. I once caught 3 marlin while listening to paranoid. Flattie Assassin also made a good point,blackmores solo in child in time--magnificent When they hear that song dolphinfsh often start jumping into my boat...
A word of warning,dont play shannon noll. I did and all i caught was mack tuna--------he has jinxed my boat.

cheers steve99

finga
06-01-2008, 06:15 AM
The way I fish Nana Mouskouri would be the type of music I'd have to listen to if I had a transistor radio in the boat. :-[

Freeeedom
06-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Just don't anchor anywhere near me when I'm fishing shallow reef areas at night. Nothing puts the fish off quicker than noise. I've had too many promising sessions shut down completely by the arrival of a bunch of idiots making all the noise they possibly can. I've even had one f***kwit, when I politely asked him to keep it quiet because he would spook the fish, start up his motor and just rev it for a while. No more fish were caught from then on. Takes all kinds I know,, but there are some kinds that I can do without!
Cheers Freeeedom

bushbeachboy
06-01-2008, 08:08 AM
I like listening to the cricket between fish. Quietly of course.

nonibbles
06-01-2008, 10:58 AM
That's a long time between fish!

Ozwald
06-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Guns n' Roses brings in the sailfish for me........

Feral
06-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I reckon I will safely die not knowing for sure. My boat is for fishing. I'll never fit a stereo / radio.

NAGG
06-01-2008, 04:50 PM
afternoon, took adavntage of the poor weather and a mate an i just finished fitting a cd player and speakers to the boat, just wondering what peoples opinion is on whether they reckon music (not loud doof doof, just enough to entertain) would spook fish... he says no, i reckon it might.

Its quite widely known in Game fishing circles that Billfish are attracted to music with heavy bass! ....... Some deliberately install bass boxes & sub woofers to ensure that the beat penetrates the hull::)

Me I keep thinking ... will I ... wont I install a CD player ( just to be used running from spot to spot)
But no way .... would I have music going while shallow water bream , bass ,barra etc fishin
Cheers
Nagg

Leighton
06-01-2008, 04:54 PM
agreed, to much noise puts the fish off but a bit of back ground music cant hurt

russ81
06-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I never have music going while I'm fishing
I like to get away from the world when I'm out on the water

disorderly
06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I never have music going while I'm fishing
I like to get away from the world when I'm out on the water

I'm with russ here.
Fishing is my escape from reality.
I like the peace and quiet and to listen to the music of the sea.

Flattie Assassin
06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Yep i like the serenity.

DR
06-01-2008, 05:13 PM
i just let the voices in my head sing to me... damn he's good, can sing anything & hold a tune spot on to the point it sounds just like the original, has a whole band & is just as good as Blackmore....just don't ask him to sing out loud.. aaaararrgfgghhhhgggh...

DR
07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
i just let the voices in my head sing to me... damn he's good, can sing anything & hold a tune spot on to the point it sounds just like the original, has a whole band & is just as good as Blackmore....just don't ask him to sing out loud.. aaaararrgfgghhhhgggh...

maybe i need one of these, & i am sure there are others on here who would benefit as well...;D

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Flattie Assassin
07-01-2008, 12:36 PM
maybe i need one of these, & i am sure there are others on here who would benefit as well...;D

Muwahahahha, Im getting one. :alien:

webby
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
There's a few on this site, that it could be advantagious too ????

disorderly
07-01-2008, 05:14 PM

Now I really am starting to wonder about you ,DR.
Voices in your head and mind control prevention beanies....http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/shocked.gif.

They do look pretty smooth,indeed.Bound to turn the wearer into a chick magnet.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif

Though,I suspect that their main uses could be as designer headware to deflect attention from receding hairlines......or perhaps to convince a jury of your state of mind for an insanity plea in a murder trial.

scott

jimbo59
07-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Over at curtan reef one night a boat full of blokes were playing elton john, they recon it brought the grinners on:-*.

Flattie Assassin
07-01-2008, 05:55 PM
There's a few on this site, that it could be advantagious too ????

My personalities are fighting over who gets to wear it first. :wreck:

:gossip::rifle:

mungsta
07-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I have had a cd player ready to install for about 3 months now but i'm not sure if i really want it or not as i too enjoy the solitude.

mad_pierre06
07-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Over at curtan reef one night a boat full of blokes were playing elton john, they recon it brought the grinners on:-*.

Bring on bumfish, more like it. :P

DR
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Now I really am starting to wonder about you ,DR.
Voices in your head and mind control prevention beanies....http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/shocked.gif.

They do look pretty smooth,indeed.Bound to turn the wearer into a chick magnet.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif

Though,I suspect that their main uses could be as designer headware to deflect attention from receding hairlines......or perhaps to convince a jury of your state of mind for an insanity plea in a murder trial.

scott

could be on to something there...an AUSFISH logo on the front... might be a big seller..:P

steve99
07-01-2008, 10:43 PM
What are bumfish?

Can someone tell me what they look like?

cheers steve99

Flattie Assassin
08-01-2008, 05:13 AM
They are a close relative of the chocolate starfish.

steve99
08-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Hey flattie assassin , I had a feeling youd know the answer to my question?
I hope you have no first hand experience with such unpleasant creatures!!!

cheers steve99

mad_pierre06
08-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Nasty little creature, apparently they taste like shit. And they got a weird squint.

Back on topic ;D as much as i love my music, and the louder and heavier the better at most times, when i'm fishing i really do enjoy the solitude whether it be land based or sitting in a boat.

Flattie Assassin
08-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Hey flattie assassin , I had a feeling youd know the answer to my question?
I hope you have no first hand experience with such unpleasant creatures!!!

cheers steve99

Not first hand. But last time I was fishing up the coast I reckon i spotted the elusive Maroochy Brown.

oldboot
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I recon the fish just dont like it at all.... al the small fish just run away....... the big fish are just getting agressive and are looking to bite the mongreal thing making the noise to kill it;D ;D

Any body who is a goodies fan knows what max bigraves does to large cod.......tulips from amstrdam is the one I believe.

What you realy don't want to find is what pisses of large sharks and whales......... whales perhaps harry secombe.

;D ;D ;D
cheers

oldboot
08-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I've just had a nasty thaught.:evil3:
As some of you may know, I work with commercial & pro sound equipment quite a bit.

The solution to the bloke with the radio interupting your serenity is the following rig.:angry: :furious2:

A 30 watt 12 volt public address amplifier, a small 30 watt racecourse trumpet and an MP3 player loaded with max bigraves and nanna moscouri.

That is very directional, will sound nasty & will punch for miles.

WOH HA HA HA:beadyeyes: :evil3: :evil3:

cheers

KAGEY1
08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Got To Have Some Tunes In The Background. Nothing Raucous, But Good Oz Rock, Eg Dragon, Aus Crawl, Inxs. I Reckon It Gets Them Interested, Even In Shallow Water Ie, Bream And Whiting. Anyway, Got To Be Able To Listen To The Footy Or Cricket Scores On A Sat While You Are On The Water.
Cheers, Geoff