PDA

View Full Version : Is this trailer set up right

colin groth
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
[18841

do think this trailer is set up right.

Leighton
04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
no.......rollers and skids are to support the weight and guide the boat on to the trailer

Wahoo
04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
no way............ looks like you have to drop the outside skids till the keel of the boat is on the center rollers than adjust the other skids

Daz

crossy
04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
nope just lower all the rollers if it only on them, if not check the sides are the same hight.

Sniper
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
If you leave it like it is you will crack your hull. Must be a pig to push off and winch on at the moment too. Drop the skids down as far as you can go befor the hull touches the wheel arches and then lift the middle rollers up. You should be able to just slid a newspaper between the hull and side skids. Most of the weight should be on the keel, the strongest part of the hull.
Basically saying what the others have said already.
Great to see the dealers are still setting up the trailers right, not. I'd be ripping the hubs off and redoing the bearings and seals at the same time. Probably find there is very minimal grease on them and maybe even a pinched seal. Seen that a few times now on brand new rigs.
Cheers
Bill

Luke G
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
You should be able to just slid a newspaper between the hull and side skids. Most of the weight should be on the keel, the strongest part of the hull.

Not sure if I would do this with my boat, mainly because the rocking from corner to corner would be worse on your boat then the way it is set up now.

I would set the boat up so the keel rollers are supporting all the weight then with a jack lift up the side skids/rollers so they take a little weight and not let the boat rock.

Cheers

Kleyny
05-01-2008, 03:39 PM
hard to see form only one shot.
my back roller is not touching either but its not meant to.
my rear one is only to help launch and retrieve the boat at the ramp. all the others are to support the boat under tow etc. also my skids are just touching to stop the roll and to keep the boat in the one spot.

so unless there are more than one photo its hard to tell all trailers are designed different with some rollers or launch and retrieve and others for support.

neil

dogsbody
05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Need more pics of the other skids and rollers.

But these in the pic are for guiding the bow onto the trailer to keep it centred. The other skids and rollers might be enough to do the job.

Dave.

lippa
05-01-2008, 06:30 PM
with the rollers, use a trolley jack, witha peice of timber across it to bring it up level. with the sides, i push them up as hard as physicaly possible, by hand then tighten them. you will need to re adjust ya whole trailer.

as sniper said, arsehole the bearings that are in it(keep for spares when traveling)
and get quality jap bearings.

cheers

lippa

Far side
05-01-2008, 06:37 PM
I would be checking the electrics as well make sure the joints in the wiring in the tail lights are covered in resin heatshrink not tape

squizzytaylor
05-01-2008, 08:19 PM
As mentioned the rear roller usually does not make contact with the hull, it is essentially a guide, the 2 skids should be making contact with the hull but only enough to prevent sideways movement.

GT