PDA

View Full Version : The Cape

Leighton
04-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Thinking about Heading to the Cape this weekend
Just a few quick questions.
What is the closest boat ramp to access the Cape region?
If leaving from the bottom of Bribie is it more or less a straight run across the bay up to Spitfire, across to M2. In between M2 and M4 or around M4? Across to Comboyuro and then to the cape?
Any information would be appreciated

bluefin59
04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Your on to it bribie is closer i leave from nudgee beach its a fair run but i get out there and troll for a few hours and back on less than 60lt on a good day .....matt

Reel Blue
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I run around the bottom of Bribie and make a beeline for Combie.

Leighton
04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
So around M2, M4, M6 towards Comb and off to the Cape? Or south of M2 then straight to Comb by-passing M4 and M6?

Finnatical
04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
You can bypass M4 and M6 and go straight over the banks you just have to be wary of tides as it can get pretty shallow over the Salamander Bank and surrounding banks which causes some of the swell to stand up a bit. There is a fairly narrow channel through the Kianga Channel at Combi Pt so watch it through there as well - the channel is pretty easy to see as it is not breaking on the banks. It is usually around 3m or so at the lowest depth through Kianga. Once you have done it once or twice you will know where the banks are and what is acceptable depth etc.

I think it might be pretty big this weekend with the residual swell hanging around.

Good luck with the trip,

chris_s
04-01-2008, 02:12 PM
If you are going to drive from brisbane to bribie, i suggest you put in at Scarborough. Its nearly the same distance, and if you're worried about water depth just head due East of the marina then N/E up the Pearl Channel.

Leighton
04-01-2008, 03:33 PM
thanks fellas, nuch appreciated

fez
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Stabbin,

Scarby and up the Pearl , good facilities at Scarby with a pontoon and cleaning table, and the Coast Guard is there as well.

Cheers and good luck, may seee you out there on Sunday.

Fez.