PDA

View Full Version : fishn time

deadbeatloser
02-01-2008, 09:14 PM
just checked the storm surf site and im gunna put a pillie on this one
i reckon sat sun mon this week is gunna be good for a fish offshore
im out there at the drop of a hat, any way hope it all turns good for a couple of days at least without the rain , having no windscreen hurts the eyes in the rain
::)

BaitThrower
02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Hold an umbrella in front of your face ::) :-)

Leighton
02-01-2008, 10:41 PM
sunglasses or safety goggles

bluefin59
03-01-2008, 04:29 AM
You could try a full face bike helmet with a bit of rainx on the visor thats what valintino rossi would do ...matt

Far side
03-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Yes I would tend to agree with you seabreeze is looking good but BOM has other ideas

The low over the Coral Sea will move inland across the south-east of the state
during Friday and move into NSW by early Saturday. Rain areas associated with
this low will continue over the south-east and spread into the southern interior
during Friday before moving out of the state overnight Friday

krazyfisher
03-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I am with you sat looks great on seabreexe and bom

deadbeatloser
03-01-2008, 08:37 AM
storm surf has this low dissappearing and a new one showing up in 4 days time and it looks as if this one will be a cyclone. www.stormsurf.com is probably the best simulated weather model site i have come across, worth a look at

deadbeatloser
03-01-2008, 08:41 AM
You could try a full face bike helmet with a bit of rainx on the visor thats what valintino rossi would do ...matt

yeah and maybe i can put my R1 in for something to sit on
yeah so look out for me i will be the one wearing the shoei helmet
thanx again
dbl:):):):):):):)

death_ship
03-01-2008, 09:34 AM
i gotta see a pic of that, and you wont get sunburn on your scone either. sat/sun should be good even bom calling 5-10, a bit of rain, who cares.

Getout
03-01-2008, 09:48 AM
5 kts of wind and 3m of swell.....no thanks!

deadbeatloser
04-01-2008, 07:57 AM
5 kts of wind and 3m of swell.....no thanks!

im already packed and ready to go ..... gunna hav a swell time;D

see you guy' sat the banks sundy.................. cant wait8-)

bluefin59
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I know its a secret but there wont be 3m of swell in the bay ,i am out early tomorrow you can bet on that i am packed and rearing to cast away boy have i been waiting for a break . dbl lots of luck tomorrow you deserve it [dont forget the lid] .....matt

deadbeatloser
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
thanx matt , i think it might even be tommorow lookn at the weather any way lookn like a 3day window of fishn startn 2moro
regards don dbl:o

gar26lw
04-01-2008, 12:12 PM
http://www.coastalwatch.com/camera/cameras_large.aspx?cam=1100&state=QLD

still looks a bit of a mess out there.

Getout
04-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Expect a renewed rise across open coasts on Thursday as the low in the Coral Sea moves towards the Gold Coast, pushing ESE swell back up into the eight to ten foot range during the afternoon as SE winds ramp up to 30 to 40 knots.

Don't let "cabin fever" alter your judgement.
Its as rough as guts out there. The sea doesn't calm down overnight after a week of gales. Sheltered waters will be the only option this weekend.

I'm itchin to get out.

deadbeatloser
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Its as rough as guts out there. The sea doesn't calm down overnight after a week of gales. Sheltered waters will be the only option this weekend.

I'm itchin to get out.

no cabin fever here , if im not there today it will be sunday at the banks . little bit of swell breaks the boredom. 4m hsig that will be 3m in a few more hours, bin blow n offshore for last six hours here.
cheers dbl

Nico.d.R
05-01-2008, 10:01 AM
good luck trying to park the car/trailor this weekend i think all the people that have been going crazy over there holidays will be heading out this weekend so it might be a bit busy but good luck and be safe anyone that is going out .

nico

deadbeatloser
05-01-2008, 01:36 PM

I'm itchin to get out.
so much for your call BOAT IN SHELTERED WATERS. beatiful day offshore 2day the swell has calmed down over night, get out maybe you should buy a bigger boat.
looks like it does calm down after a week of gales.
cheers dbl::)

Jabba_
05-01-2008, 02:21 PM
so much for your call BOAT IN SHELTERED WATERS. beatiful day offshore 2day the swell has calmed down over night, get out maybe you should buy a bigger boat.
looks like it does calm down after a week of gales.
cheers dbl::)
I'll be at the 24's tomorrow... Trolling for some Bill fish, and doing a bit of bottom bashing...

Getout
06-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Actually, I have a bigger boat but I still don't like bashing my guts out. I 'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. Hope the fish are hungry and not too spread out!

Getout
06-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Soooo how did we go boys?

deadbeatloser
06-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Actually, I have a bigger boat but I still don't like bashing my guts out. I 'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. Hope the fish are hungry and not too spread out!

fished the barwon banks this morn for pearlies n tuskfish. should be a corker good luck .
im avn fish for tea :)
cheers
dbl

Getout
08-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I had not much luck at the Hards. Lots of current, not much in the way of fish shows on the sounder. Snapper for tea but not enough for the effort.

deadbeatloser
08-01-2008, 07:32 PM
yeah we had no current till about 11am wasnt that bad for me but my 2 deckies are bruised and battered, they got hammered ;D,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just had pearlies again for dinner , man i love the taste of them,, i would say that the bigger swells were around the 3m mark,, good for a bit of boto x
cheers
dbl