PDA

View Full Version : Gs Marine Xtreme

BOUGNOUILLE
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
G'day all, I want to get a new plate boat for mainly Bay fishing and a little bit of offshore when the going is good. I have had a hard time getting any info on what the best options are out there. The rig I would like to have ( I think ) is a 5.5 metre plate ally boat with a rearward centre consol. The GS Marine Xtreme 550 looks the goods, can anyone tell me what they are like and any advice on other brands etc. would be appreciated. Cheers!

Wahoo
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
G'day all, I want to get a new plate boat for mainly Bay fishing and a little bit of offshore when the going is good. I have had a hard time getting any info on what the best options are out there. The rig I would like to have ( I think ) is a 5.5 metre plate ally boat with a rearward centre consol. The GS Marine Xtreme 550 looks the goods, can anyone tell me what they are like and any advice on other brands etc. would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hi mate
had a good look at one at the dam last week, nice boat and the owner was very pleased with it also give Scott from Bluewater boats a call, will build you what you like at a great price,

or give Fisher boats a call , both hulls are great
Daz

Dan5
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah mate i know quite a few people with them and they are all more than happy the one's i've been in have been good boat's a little hard riding if anything.A mate has the 5mtr extreme with a suzi 140 on it and it's scary fast for a barra boat another mate has the 5.5 with a suzi 115 and it 's a good match up.I know Garry in Darwin he has made alot of boat's and they are becoming very popular up here.Last i heard you'd be looking at about a 6 month wait to get one built so if you have found one in stock somewhere and you like it i'd be grabbing it before someone else does.I'm pretty sure he has a web site you can check out they do some pretty customised rig's they build alot of boat's for the guiding industry to survey.Dan........

BOUGNOUILLE
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks Wahoo, yeah the Fisher rigs do look very nice indeed. Bluewater boats? I checked on google and only found one website in SA, is that them? Cheers.

BOUGNOUILLE
02-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Dan, I don't mind the wait and I do want it somewhat customised so I would prefer it wasn't rushed. On the motor front I had been advised to get the 140, looks like a good match. Cheers!

Wahoo
02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks Wahoo, yeah the Fisher rigs do look very nice indeed. Bluewater boats? I checked on google and only found one website in SA, is that them? Cheers.

Hi mate, no they are made in Burpengary north Brissy, this is a thread on my boat, http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=108809

Daz

Oaken_Shield
02-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello Bougnouille,
I used to work in a boatshop in Darwin and the GS MArine boats are about the most solid boat you are going to find and are v comfortable inside, im not sure about the suzi option but apart from that they are great boats! Also another custom plate boat manufacturer from darwin is Black Arrow boats however im not sure they are operate but they were very customised boats!
Also check out Australian Master Marine also very nice!http://www.australianmastermarine.com.au/

Tim_N
02-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I thought the GS Marine Xtremes were actually built in China, then shipped here. I might be wrong about that, but that was what I have heard. Hence I'm not too sure of the quality of the ally used , warranty issues etc.
Tim

Oaken_Shield
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
GS Marine is owned by a tradie turned boat builder who operates out of palmerston N.T. or at least they were when i used to live in Darwin circa. 2005

sharkymark2
02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
seen them advertised out of china as well as quintrex. very interesting.

Dan5
02-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah i'm pretty sure he did do some trialling china but it did'nt work out,my mate work's the shop side of thing's for Garry i'll have to get in touch with him and ask what's going on.Since i left darwin 10 months ago i hav'nt had much contact with the guy's.With the black arrows i'd be giving them a large wide berth i've seen some dodgy workmanship come outa there.Arafura Marine also based in Darwin do a good solid boat the guy that make's them Jimmy has been in the game for a long time and has built a lot of nice boat's with quality workmanship.Dan.......

marty+jojo
02-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Cunningham's at Clontarf (Redcliffe) have a few GS marine boats in stock. Very nice.
Marty.

Reefmaster
02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Mate have a good look at Riptide Alloy Boats (Underwood Brisbane)

Dave not only builds a fantastic well built boat but the service you will receive during the build and after will be honestly better then anyone you will find. He really pushes the idea that it's a true custom built boat and likes to listen to everyone's ideas which he will then do everything in his power to make sure it can happen.

Spoke to a couple of guys who picked up their Riptides just before Christmas and not only were they extremely happy with their boats but were equally impressed on their dealing with Riptide and commented that it was the most pleasant experience they have had. These guys had dealt with many other boat builders over the years and just couldn't praise Dave enough. Well worth the wait.

His website seems to be down at the moment but he may well be updating the site as it had not been done for a while. The boats they have been pumping out over the last couple of years have been top class. Best to give him a call and quiz him on all that you want.

Regards,
Greg

snelly1971
02-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Picture of a 6 Meter Tri Star...They custom make to any size ...Built like tonka Trucks...

Mick

BOUGNOUILLE
03-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Awesome looking rig there Wahoo!

turtleshead
03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Boat shop in Rockhampton claim to be biggest GS dealer in Qld.

2rods
03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
As far as I know GS is still getting the extreems made in china then they fit them out here in Darwin. As for warrenty.... don't see there being any issues. and the build quality is as good as any. The people I know with them like them... they are in plauge proportion up here in darwin..LOL

The other good solid boat to think about is predator (SP)...I know guide with one and he loves it solid as.

GS can get a bit wet.....but anything will get wet in the right conditions.

stesslecc60
03-01-2008, 07:13 PM
guday mate, i have got a 6.9 plate boat for sale if your interested can veiw at http://www.boatlocator.com.au/for-sale/trailer/13214, bought a smaller boat i can handle on my own, so selling the big girl.

cheers Paul

Ally Jack
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Bougnouille,

I'm looking at the same thing at the moment, but the Xtreme 520 torny classic with 140 zuke.

The missus has given the go ahead under some duress, she said I couldn't have 2 boats but I could have 1 new one. She though i wouldn't sell this one because of all the work I've put into it, but I could easily give it up for the xtreme.

I was quoted 4 months wait time by Cunninghams with modifications to the standard fitout. Plenty of time to come up with a name for it.

Their website - http://www.gsmarine.com.au/

Ally Jack

Dan5
03-01-2008, 08:43 PM
My mate's is called "SCERIOCIS OF THE RIVER" not bad i thought.Dan.....

davo
03-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes the hulls are made in China and fitted in Darwin. I'm not sure about the construction with ribs welded to the bottom as apposed to stringer and bulkheads like Fisher and Riptide etc... For the record I have a Fisher and am extremely happy after over 5 years and 450Hrs. All so the Fishers have a proper chine arrangement.

Ally Jack
07-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Dan 5, seen your mates boat on the fisher website, looks the goods.

2rods, davo thanks for that info. I am rethinking the xtreme at the moment.
I really like the layout of the tourny classics, but don't like the idea of spending that kind of money and sending it overseas

Col at Fisher has a new 520 hull out now, will have to drop around next time I'm down visiting the oldies in Caboolture, see if it's possible for the same in his hull.
Another plus is it's closer to Gladstone, could easily do a run or 2 during the build

TJ Bear
07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Being a boat builder Im fussy when it comes to boats and I built my current boat myself but after looking at many many boats if I was paying someone to build me a plate boat I would only think of 2 builders. Fisher and AMM both have great hulls and consistant quality over a long time and both will custom build. Maybe a bit more expensive and a bit longer wait but worth it also resale on both brands is outstanding.