PDA

View Full Version : trailer rim

shifty-magic
02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
hi im new here

me and my dad have been wondering for a while where we can get 10" rims but must have 4 studs weve been everywhere looking for them but too no avail

does anybody own one as we will need it becuase we have no spare becuase the tyre place threw it out when we got new tyres the boat on the trailer is a pongrass the motor is an evinrude 55 from 1966-8 i guess the boats the same age

it needs a major rebuild but it still floats and tows me along on a knee board but back to the subject does anyone know where i cang et the rim/s.

cheers C.W

finga
02-01-2008, 05:00 PM
They might be mini wheels.
What is the size written on the tyres??
What is the distance between every second stud or the distance between diagonally opposite studs??
Have you got a picture??

shifty-magic
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
They might be mini wheels.
What is the size written on the tyres??
What is the distance between every second stud or the distance between diagonally opposite studs??
Have you got a picture??

acutally the boat is at my uncles in narrawalle near ulladulla so i can not get a picture but its a 10" tyre and the suds are in an even square.

i will try and get a picture in a few weeks nect time i go down there sorry

cheers C.W

crossy
02-01-2008, 07:07 PM
mate i have the same problem, my wheels are 10" and i gotta drive up to darwin so im looking for a spare but cant find them. im down nowra way.

ALOGT
02-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Have a look at this site http://trailerrepaircentre.com/cart/index.php?cPath=22_58&sort=2a&page=2

You really need to find out your PCD pitch circle diameter. And also try wreckers.

Tony

shifty-magic
02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Have a look at this site http://trailerrepaircentre.com/cart/index.php?cPath=22_58&sort=2a&page=2

You really need to find out your PCD pitch circle diameter. And also try wreckers.

Tony

my dad wont take the boat out unless we a get a spare which means less fishing

weve tried every wreckers in the area but cant find it

artesian
02-01-2008, 11:10 PM
if all else fails, see what other hubs fit the axle, and buy rims to suit.

If that fails, buy an axle as well :-(

Roughasguts
02-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Mate go to super cheap, buy a new axle and 2 gal hubs and bearings, some U clamps to hold it all together and your done. Of course you still need rims go the 14 inch, the tyres are cheaper than the 13 inch for some reason.

shifty-magic
03-01-2008, 01:31 AM
problem

the reason we want the rim is becuase we havnt got the money to go out and buy a new axle hubs and also new rims and tyres on top of that.

we are preety cheap XD :D

unless don8tion taken XD

cheers C.W

Roughasguts
03-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Shifty I had to buy 4 rims to get me car inspection cert in NSW, they cost me a hundred bucks.
(the no brainer RTA wanted me to take of me 5mm over size rims on the front and replace with no speed rated re-treads on a Turbo charged car) Even the inspection place said for gods sake put the old ones back on won't you.

Anyway I told them they could have e'm back after the inspection, well they didn't even wan't them. No surprise for me there so they went to the dump.

And there be heaps of rims and stuff like that there, you may get lucky there and find the right rim in a stock pile somewhere. Just pretend your dumping rims and slip one or two in your open boot, if the don't allow fosiking. They can get a bit strange and think your stealing at some places.

crossy
03-01-2008, 05:12 PM
hmm got my first surf bike from the dump. ahhh.... the good ol days with no dumping fee