PDA

View Full Version : what have u done during windy conditions

outsiderskip
02-01-2008, 07:28 AM
happy new year
After my last fishing trip i discovered a few rollers went missing at kawana boat ramp,so i replaced them and put a tac of weld on them but how far can u go if they want them they do anything to get them.Then i took boat off triler and cleaned all rust particles off and gave it a coat off cold gal not quiet finished needed afew refreshments in between so i dont dehidrate heee.have taken my time hope to have boat on trailer by friday in between drinks but looks like another blow coming so there will be no hurry but might need to resupply

pete

seamaid
02-01-2008, 07:46 AM
i pete
yeah maintenance is the best optimum tmes like this, of course boat & trailer under cover, i been putting heaps fishing spots in GPS the boat been the cleanest since i had it.
20/30kts-- heavy showers Hervey Bay i really getting pi'''' off.
well theres ---- tv , dvd , rum more rum , wait the missus calling
see yar

Marlin_Mike
02-01-2008, 08:15 AM
fitted the following:

new canopy, deck lighting, radio antennas, tow hooks, and gettign toey for other stuff to do to the old girl. if it ever stops raining will do all the miles of re-wiring i have to do

Mike

outsiderskip
02-01-2008, 08:37 AM
hi mike
happy new year
dont matter what weather is doing
u always got your hand in your pocket doing boating stuff it never stops

pete

charleville
02-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Spent too much time on the internet. (Well, it is not my fault that the cricket finished a day early!)

Marlin_Mike
02-01-2008, 08:46 AM
hi mike
happy new year
dont matter what weather is doing
u always got your hand in your pocket doing boating stuff it never stops

pete

You got that right Pete..................... forgot, have to finish re-mounting radios today before re-wirng starts.

All the best for the new year to ya mate, and to all ausfishers

Mike

deadbeatloser
02-01-2008, 09:14 AM
taking advantage of the three kids away for a week. hassle the missus for those special cuddle's , as i dont hav a tv to watch, only dvd's
best wishes all for the new year
don the dbl::)

catfishkid
02-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Cleaned the boat,cleaned and serviced the fishing gear and started to go stir crazy.
Went for a drive over to rainbow beach on sunday,pics are wide bay bar and what is left of rainbow beach,not much.

Cheers Craig.

Luc
02-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Cleaned out boat,
did the trailer wheel bearings,
checked fishing gear and yesterday
caught my traditional new years day bass.

Luc

Tassie JR
02-01-2008, 11:27 AM
All i have done is looked at the boat and dreamed of going fishing.

cheers tassie JR

dnej
02-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I am smiling, ............................but nothing to do with fishing......................
Should be more of it ( LOL)
David

PinHead
02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
I cannot even do any maintenance...rig is only 3 weeks old..I just want ot go fishing.

gar26lw
02-01-2008, 01:00 PM
yep maintenance and movies. broadwater looks fine so im off out as soon as I can get the maintenance finished.

here's some reading

http://www.docksidereports.com/rough_water_seamanship_1.htm

outsiderskip
02-01-2008, 01:55 PM
pinhead tried the new bed out

pete

death_ship
02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
surfed noosa, and got on it

manchild
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Rare treats ,laying in bed with the kids in the morning.A bit of lovin midday while they are at nanas place.Having a beer at 10 in the morning .I loving it.Things i havent got a chance to do all year .Fishing can wait.
George

TheRealAndy
02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
drinking piss, reading ausfish, doing a bit of mud work in the fourby, drinking piss, drinking piss.... you get the idea! :)

Ram-rod
02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
All i have done is looked at the boat and dreamed of going fishing.

cheers tassie JR

Thats about it with me as well, although i get in it and lay on the bunks every now and again and just pretend..And yes the weather is starting to wear thin here at Hervey Bay...But i guess i live here so it is all about waiting it out.. besides it was not that long ago that we thought it would never rain again. All goes well for the fishing i guess..
Russell

Far side
02-01-2008, 03:46 PM
All the gear out of the boat
Cleaned inside and out
Put some new bolts in the windscreen (didn't like the taps into the aluminium)
Tested eperb
Checked all life jackets
Washed out all the ropes in soapy water Untwisted the main anchor rope and chain
Serviced Extinguishers
Bit of silicone here and there
Checked hydraulic steering topped up
Check tilt ram ok
Changed gear box oil
Did the fishing gear respooled 2 lines
Sorted the tackle box
Got some runners fixed on the lite surf rod
Bought and esky for bait
Bought an esky for the boat (Bigger one)
Checked all potential corrosion areas on the boat

This took 4 days to do in between rums ausfish and the odd movie

Bustin to get out just have not got a break these last 2 weeks in the weather

kitch76
02-01-2008, 08:33 PM
I cannot even do any maintenance...rig is only 3 weeks old..I just want ot go fishing.

I'm in the same boat (Sad so sad!!!) but being self employed and being christmas everyone thinks I have stoped work for 4 weeks and now have little funds for boaing toys, and the rain is SH...ing me to tears. Why can't it rain where we actually need it????

captain rednut
02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
drinken grog! and watching the weather, waiting for the bom to give me a day off?

outsiderskip
03-01-2008, 06:58 AM
good to see most boaties thinkin about safety
i did to but had a few drinks and enjoyed myself in between
hope you all have a happy new year
now lets get out fishin

pete

Fish Guts
03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
saturday and sunday looks good at this stage. fingers crossed

snappa
03-01-2008, 05:11 PM
back from overseas
windy no fishing
cancelled a weeks holidays ..back to work..

ordered a new harley......

bugga the weather

kitch76
03-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Well splurged today, got a bilge pump $15, drink holder $3.95 and a transducer mounting bracket $10 so that will keep me busy for another hour or so, do you think the rain will have stopped by then!!!!!!!????????

Honestly though the bilge pump was at whitworths marine on special at the momment from $50 down to $15 450GPH Johnson pump

gar26lw
04-01-2008, 12:14 AM
i just got a book on weather predicting from clouds and wind etc..
if its right should be good by sat. so matches forcasts.

outsiderskip
04-01-2008, 06:13 AM
book on weather conditions that funny
forcasters cant get it right
flip a coin got a 50/50
chance of being right

pete

gawby
04-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Well there aint to much maintenance you can do to a boat that is only about 12 mths old and only done 70hrs.
Bought a new esky for the missus but will be fine in the boat.
Bough a new cordless drill, circular saw and an extension ladder for some maintenance around the house.
Put up some new fence inbetween showers.
Broke my new truck and been in the workshop for 4 days.
Alas quite a bit on the putor and xbox 360.
Graeme

2DKnBJ
04-01-2008, 04:47 PM
You could say the timing was perfect for the new deckie to arrive and being overdue i couldn't stray too far from home so have spent the time tinkering in the boat,working around home,drinking and started making some furniture for bub's room.Drawers are almost complete with the toy box and wardrobe next.

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/2DKnB/General/2007_1209image0005.jpg
http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/2DKnB/General/2008_0103image0001(1).jpg

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/2DKnB/General/2008_0104image0002(1).jpg

Cheers Dazza

gawby
04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Not bad Dazza,
A new business venture by the looks.
Have to change your aviator to include a j now.
Graeme

kitch76
04-01-2008, 08:50 PM
You could say the timing was perfect for the new deckie to arrive and being overdue i couldn't stray too far from home so have spent the time tinkering in the boat,working around home,drinking and started making some furniture for bub's room.Drawers are almost complete with the toy box and wardrobe next.

Cheers Dazza

Hey just a sugestion with the drawers , When I made my kids unit I made a rim to sit round the top to convert it into a change table, lift it and the change mat off and hey presto back to normal

reelchippy
04-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I got the boat ready for a trip to 1770 leaving sat 1/5 for a week if weather is boatable