PDA

View Full Version : Which boat

blueboy
01-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone. After fishing for 45 years, I am finally going to get myself a trailer boat. I will be mainly fishing in Southern Moreton Bay and after lots of looking, I have narrowed the list to four boats.

1. Blue fin 4.20 Mangrove Jack, side console with Mercury of Suzuki 4 stroke engine
2. Blue fin 4.35 Wild cat, side console with Mercury or Suzuki 4 stroke engine
3. Quintrex 4.35 Hornet Trophy, side console with Mercury 4 stroke engine
4. Aquamaster 4.30, centre console with Evenrude E-Tech engine

I would really like your opinion on the above. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, and have a great 2008.

Blueboy;D

Leighton
01-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Got a Quintrex mate, not the Trophy. Had a few small issues with the boat, Quintrex sorted it out pretty quickly but in saying that the dealer is as important as the brand of the boat. After sales service from dealers is another kettel of fish

deadbeatloser
01-01-2008, 03:25 PM
ive heard and read nothing but good reports on the aquamaster boats, i had brand new allycraft waited 6wks and then they had to repair hole in transom underwaterline..... not good............

blueboy
01-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Many thanks Captain for your great advice. The million dollar question is how on earth do I choose a good dealer when they are all ok until they get your money?

Blueboy

Poodroo
01-01-2008, 07:09 PM
G'day blueboy. To be honest you are chosing between the better brands IMHO. I not long ago was in the same boat as you(pardon the pun) and looking at which brand represented good value and reliability etc. In the end as much as I wanted to go for a Quintrex Millenium hull the budget brought me back to my second choice and I got a Blue Fin 4.0 Discovery with a 40 Merc on the back. Due to the weather I have not been able to get out in her much but on the two occasions that I did go out I was more than happy with it. Another major contributor to my decision was the fact I knew how much good service I was going to get from my choice in dealers. They have the best after sales service and a great bunch to deal with. PM me if you want to know more. Good luck with your decision.

Regards,

Poodroo

Leighton
01-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I can tell you where not to get a Quintrex from, I can also tell you I have had dealings with Mr T's (Bluefin ) as they did waranty work on the motor and they were a pleasure to deal with. As far as a good Quintrex dealer I cant help ( shame )

blueboy
01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Many thanks Captain. I have only heard good reports about Mr T's so far. Blueboy

tunaticer
01-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Is the aquamaster a plate boat or pressed v nose punt??

I have a 4.1 aquamaster pressed v nose punt and now I'm looking for soemthing else. PM me if you want a rundown on the vpunts from Aquamaster.

Jack.