PDA

View Full Version : This Weather is Expensive!!

Shun-the-nonbeliever
01-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Can't fish in a 30 knot SE wind in the bay so what else can you do?

Smart me decided to do a tackle inventory. This included trips to Tackle Warehouse and BCF to replace missing/damaged/old items - cost $250.::)

Then I thought of some minor adjustments to the boat. A visit to the chandlery and a few hours of sweat - cost $150.>:(

If the weather doesn't clear up soon I will go broke!;D

Shun

Leighton
01-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Ha Ha in the same boat mate. Packed and re packed my tackle bag, I think the lads at the local tackle shop are sick of seeing me now. Even resorted to painting eyes on jig heads

Flattie Assassin
01-01-2008, 09:02 AM
LOL stabbin, I've been spending time putting stingers on all my lures. Pool noodle all my trebs, jigheads. Respooling reels for a different aproach. Fishing movies, Mags, Interweb. I've learnt alot in this blow.

FA

Leighton
01-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Ok then, a question. I want a Daiwa Reel in the 3000 size, its between the Morethan Branzino 3000, Certate Hyper Cust 3000, or Certate 3000.

Weight is not an issue with only 20g difference, Cost between the Morethan and Hyper in not much, the Certate is a fair bit cheaper.
Line capacity and drag pressure are the same too.
Should I save my money and leave the Morethan as its similar to the Hyper just pimped out in carbon. Or should I run with the Certate and save more money as its hard to notice the difference between the higher end ( hyper and more ) and the high end Certate

Flattie Assassin
01-01-2008, 01:54 PM
If it were me i'd buy the branzino. Just for the colour and originality in style. The spools look awesome and they have the same drag pressure as the certate hyper. The Regular Certate can be upgraded to a hyper with handle etc.

I would choose the Branzino though. In fact i think i'm gonna buy one. lol.

The certate Hyper is about $525 and the Branzino about $590 plus $30 postage.

The Regular Certate 3000 can be picked up for $360 plus $30 postage.

The branzino's are just plain sexy.

FA

dnej
01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Advertised for $ 849 in Aus

Leighton
01-01-2008, 03:03 PM
yeah I like the wank factor of the Branzino, bit of a toss up.
Similar features but longer hair!

Pistol_P
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
HA HA!!!.....everyone is in the same boat.....I am cringing to go for a fish somewhere but the breaks in the rain are lasting 5 minutes then it BUCKETS down again.....and the WIND well lets not even go there....>:( .....Done some tackle maintenance already,read the new QFM,looked on every fishing website known to man and I am running out of ideas...;D

BTW....I agree with flattie assaain the Branzino would be my pick.

Pete

mik01
01-01-2008, 03:39 PM
thank god for the deadliest catch marathon on discovery channel! and we reckon our weather is bad!!!

DR
01-01-2008, 04:26 PM
starting to look promising ( crowded)on the water

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/helloMrWhiskers/breeze.png

wrip109
01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I have even painted my lures...

Phil

rosspatrick
01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks DR, outlaws turn up Fri arv

breamnut
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
i worked all week and i wasnt going to sit at home like a couch potato so i went fishing

Scalem
01-01-2008, 07:30 PM
On return from a shopping spree with their mother, my two teenagers were excited about what they had bought, and were keen to show me their new clothes and Nintendo DS games. "Aren't these things really awesome Dad?" My responses were " how much did they weigh and did they take very long to bring in?" The new teenager "Lingo" is to call everything and anything Random which they say fits their father to a T, as I am going a little stir crazy.

So they reckon if you can't beat them you have to join them. We discovered a new BCF store located closeby and paid it a visit .......my wife and I........... Twice ...... @ $170.00 a throw, and we have not even left for our camping trip yet!!

But the best part about this weather is that the grass is too wet to mow. ;D

Scalem

T1
01-01-2008, 07:36 PM
LOL! I am still trying to use what i spent a heap on in 2007! Gee, if i spend anymore, i will be a 'tackle shop' in my own right!

Take Care T

PS: SCALEM - Brian, lucky i mowed my lawn on Saturday and fertilised it so that the rain could disperse it - Only problem is is that now it's fertilised and watered, i'll have to mow it sooner rather than later - but NOT this weekend! Bring on some more Tings!!!

larfin
01-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Looking at the weather charts I think seabreeze might be wrong just this time lol.
off to bcf we go.
happy new year everyone
greg

Seahorse
02-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Of to the shops today. can hold out no longer.
Prob end up respooling reels with new line.
Got to find an esky that will fit under my back seat. Only can be about 250 high.
Anyone got any ideas

cheers
greg

Marlin_Mike
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Ids it for a fish or drinks and tucker?

For that low Greg, maybe you need a purpose made one, maybe out of that ally/foam sandwich panel stuff?

Mike

fishel
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Well I braved the conditions while I was at Russell Island this week, caught two eels. Biggest was 1.2 metres and the other about 800 mm. While to me they are only dog/cat food it was better than sitting at home and dreaming about fishing or spending money I haven't got, and I enjoyed it. As some wise person on this site said, "A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work"!

Happy New Year to all

Eleanor

russ81
02-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Tell me about it i have spent $1000 on fishing and boating gear and have spent much of my time doing work on the boat so i can get out at the first possible moment