PDA

View Full Version : Fish On

ON-THE-CHEW
30-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I am in the market at the moment for a new sounder and a new gps (my other thread "need some help"), I was just after some feed back on the above sponser of the site. His prices are almost half what they are in local shops. What draw backs are there with buying a gps and sounder from overseas. What extra costs are there on top of his listed prices except for the exchange rate.

Andrew

disorderly
30-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I just received an icom vhf radio for around half the price of buying it locally from Fishon.
Went through the shopping cart and the total cost was the item plus postage which is clearly defined before the transaction goes ahead.
He also has put a bit of time in to provide some advice on warranties for O/S bought gear.
I originally ordered the same product through scuba steve but he blindsided me with a second postage charge after I had already paid for the item plus an initial postage charge....I cancelled this order.
I feel you could buy with confidence from Pat(ausfish membername..piscatory pursuit) from Fishon marine and also know you are helping to sponser this site.

scott.

snelly1971
30-12-2007, 08:56 PM
There are no draw backs....as long as you choose a brand with world wide warranty...eg...furuno...raymarine...garmin....I just purchased a Furuno fcv 585 with 1 kw thru hull trannie and fairing block...plus postage to me...$2300 odd dollars

Mick

sav_ranger
30-12-2007, 09:28 PM
I just ordered a Raymarine DS500X sounder from Fish on Marine for about $570 Australian including delivery. Everything OK so far...havent recieved it yet...I expect it mid this week. I reckon i saved up to $300 aus

cheers
mike

joeT
30-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Just bought all my sounder and chartplotter gear from Fishon. Good service. There are no hidden charges as the postage calculator works for o/s transactions, just work out your exchange rate.

bluefin59
31-12-2007, 04:47 AM
I also just ordered an icom m304 and a cmap planner with 2mb card ,the total with postage came in less than i could buy just the radio here . ordered on friday and it is apparently processed and on the way ,i asked pat a few questions by email and recieved prompt answers to my quires iwill let you know how it goes i dont expect any problems as i have read reports elsewhere about his service ...............matt

dunmears
31-12-2007, 07:18 AM
I highly reccomend Pat (Fish On ) I purchased the Furuno 620 sounder for just under $1000. The delivery only took a few days and Pat sent me instructions on how to fine tune it and it works beautifully. He is full of information and is only to pleased to help with info. It is worth noting that if you can keep your purchase under a grand you will escape customs tax.

bluefin59
31-12-2007, 07:37 AM
On the customs duty thing talk to pat he will sort it out for you i would suggest ...matt

plaztix
31-12-2007, 10:04 AM
On the customs duty thing talk to pat he will sort it out for you i would suggest ...matt

Ask him to list the item as a gift and of low value on the declaration to avoid customs tax.;);) like bluefin said he should be able to sort it somehow.