PDA

View Full Version : Navman Trackfish 6507 Question

Wind_Zone
30-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi All,

I have just installed a Navman 6507 GPS/sounder combo. I want to load up my waypoints and learn how to use etc. My concern, and question is can I switch on the unit and play with it in the drive way? I have heard that if you have the sounder on out of water it can heat up or do damage. I can not find any thing in the user manual about it or about switching off the sounder.

Any help would be appreciated.

TonyM
30-12-2007, 01:37 PM
I've never heard about using the sounder out of water damaging it. Put your waypoints in and have a play around to get used to it - we all do when we get any new electronics ;-)

There's also a simulator mode on most fishfinders that will help you to get used to using it.

Cheers
Tony

-spiro-
01-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Mate i played with the navman combo unit at home for 3 months before it saw water and is ok....

Dan5
01-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Your not meant to use it out of water because of the tracducer,but i have acciedently left a few different types of sounder's on before and never had any trouble.I wouldn't wanna do it with something high powered though like a furuno or jrc i don't think the navman would have enough power to worry about.Dan....

Dr Squid
02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
My concern, and question is can I switch on the unit and play with it in the drive way? I have heard that if you have the sounder on out of water it can heat up or do damage.

I spoke to a Taylors(Furuno Aust) Tech on this a few years ago and he said not to worry. Apparently, thats how they test 'em on the bench.