PDA

View Full Version : Help needed re-passengers on boat

ttone
28-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi Boaties, Just a question re-garding the number of persons that is allowed safely in a Boat.
The boat is a 3m mantacraft Aluminium with what looks like a barra front on it.
Any knowledge you could pass on would be very much appreciated.

BaitThrower
28-12-2007, 05:29 PM
3 adults total allowed (i.e. yourself plus 2 adult passengers) or two children under 12 account for one adult passenger. See http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/Safety/Capacity_labels/

robersl
28-12-2007, 06:07 PM
but you would need to watch the weight most capicity labels have the number of passangers and total weight allowed so if you are able to have say 300kg in the boat and you and a mate are 150 kg each then you have reached your weight limit and no 3rd person would be allowed that is how i read the cap label but i may be wrong

shane

Leighton
28-12-2007, 08:21 PM
On the subject you will need a Qld Dept of Transport sticker, its a yellow sticker that says how many people you can have in your boat. I didnt have one and was issued with an official warning, next time $150 fine

Simmo2
28-12-2007, 10:05 PM
On the subject you will need a Qld Dept of Transport sticker, its a yellow sticker that says how many people you can have in your boat. I didnt have one and was issued with an official warning, next time $150 fine

I think the max pax should be indicated on the compliance plate on the boat????
Also I think the yellow sticker should be in view of anyone in the position to control the vessel???