PDA

View Full Version : crappy tinny

Peanuts
28-12-2007, 02:26 PM
i got a new boat for xmas, actually it was an old, crappy tinnie that i bought off my brother but i was excited all the same. I took it down to currimundi boat ramp to give it a spin, i towed it there ok, launched it and as i drove the trailer back up the ramp i felt a pull, i looked in the rearview mirror and saw my trailer tyre floating in the water behind me. The thing snapped at the bearings. Thought stuff it and i went fishing in the boat for a couple of hours anyway, just glad it didnt happen on the way there, i would have been sitting on Nicklin way with a boat across two lanes of traffic. Ended up having to hire a flat bed trailer from the servo and skull dragging it on to get the boat home. i then had to go back to the ramp to put the crappy trailer onto the trailer to get it home. merry bloody xmas

TonyM
28-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the world of boating - sounds like your bro wasn't too big on maintenance eh?

So did you catch any fish? :-)

It seems that lessons re maintaining boats, motors and trailers seem to get remembered by most of us best after making the mistakes first - you're well on your way now ;-)

Cheers
Tony

oldboot
28-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Problay #2 on the top 10 trailer failures hit list...........bearings fail... wheel falls off......>:(

Think of the joy and happyness you braught to those watching;D .

cheers

plaztix
28-12-2007, 11:10 PM
And you thought you were saving a few bucks buying a cheap little tinnie. Doesn't matter how cheap they are to start with they are all BOAT's (Bring Out Another Thousand)

Every maiden voyage is stricken with some form of grief, at least you got the monkey off your back before you got in the water.

Should be smooth sailing from here on in, Once you get it back on the water.::););)