PDA

View Full Version : Yammie 4S sensor Questions

snelly1971
26-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Just got a few Questions regarding my Yammie 115 Four Bangers....
Q1...On my Starboard motor the temp guage is flashing ...but the motor is not running hot...there are no audible alarms going ...just the little flashing bar on the guage...I have checked for loose connections...the motor is still running fine...

Q2...The same Starboard motor the other day on a rough trip home started to flash the ``check engine`` on the guage...i think by memory is was 8 flashes...space then 2 flashes then probably a 20 to 30 second delay then doing it over again...Next day i started the motor and it was not doing it...it was probably about 1/2 liter low...on the dip stick....

Cheers Mick

snelly1971
26-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Ps...I was told that i would have to reset the computer...as this could be causing the problem....I have no manuals...and was told to do something like...

Unplug the wires from the back of the guage...start the motor for say 20 seconds...then stop...replug the wires in and this resets the computer...???

Cheers Mick

Thunderbird
27-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Call the yammie man
error code 82.
Don't know what a new temp sensor's worth but it might be worth throwing one at it if they're not to expensive to be on the safe side

snelly1971
28-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Problem solved thanks Thunderbird....Bloody guage is the problem...

Cheers Mick

HIM&HER.ADVENTURES
30-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Morning snelly, There is no code #82, the code you have is code #28.
Code #28 is the the shift sensor telling you, you need to adjust your control cables the cables are not putting the shift shaft in a positive neatral position.
How many hours have you done.
Cheers

snelly1971
30-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Morning snelly, There is no code #82, the code you have is code #28.
Code #28 is the the shift sensor telling you, you need to adjust your control cables the cables are not putting the shift shaft in a positive neatral position.
How many hours have you done.
Cheers

150 hrs...I have no problem with shifting into nuetral...Thought it was the guage but think now i have broken a wire in the loom from the outboard to the guage somewhere for the temp sensor..My alarm is not going off...just the flashing square on the temp guage...

Cheers Mick