PDA

View Full Version : Latest Addition to the Family...the new Boat

Poodroo
26-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone, here's hoping you have all had a safe and fantastic Christmas. Just thought I would share with you the latest addition to my family. For those who know me you will remember the fun I had getting my first boat seaworthy and the fun times that I have had over the last year in it. To date the largest snapper I have caught at 73cms is still my PB which was caught in my beloved #2. There comes a time however when you feel that it is time to upgrade to something better which is exactly what I did. I had searched for a long time through many a boating sales outlet but ended up deciding value for money, that the Blue Fins rated well against the oppositions. I wanted something economical but still big enough to take the wife and two kids out but not too big to manage on my own on those days when I am on holidays and everyone else is working. So the answer for me was a Blue Fin Discovery 4.0 runabout with a new 40hp 2 stroke Mercury. Can't wait for a break in this crappy weather to actually water test it. Took delivery of it last Friday. Note the Ausfish stickers are already on it. ;) Thanks to Theo and the gang at Mr.T's once again for fantastic service.

Regards,

Poodroo

Leighton
26-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Nice, santa must have had a dirt big sack to fit that in!
About this weather, im waiting too

Poodroo
26-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Nice, santa must have had a dirt big sack to fit that in!
About this weather, im waiting too

Thanks Captain Stabin. Apparently Santa managed okay delivering my new boat but no less than three of his reindeer are seeking legal advice to cover counseling expenses. :D

Cheers,

Poodroo

Chris Ryan
26-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Well done Poodroo!! Lovely rig mate - time to wet it and get blood on its floor.

How did Scalem go when he found out??

bluefin59
26-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Nice boat mate hope you have a great time in your boat hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine ,.....matt

2DKnBJ
26-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey Poodroo
Mate you must have been a very good boy this year for santa to bring you a new boat.::)
You won't know yourself in the new rig.Now you will have to wait for the weather to clear so you can get some blood on it.
Hopefully i will rember what it looks like when i am on the water so i don't drive straight past you.
Catch up on the water.

Cheers Dazza

Poodroo
26-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Well done Poodroo!! Lovely rig mate - time to wet it and get blood on its floor.

How did Scalem go when he found out??

Thanks Chris. There looks to be a window of opportunity in the weather tomorrow so it is going to have its maiden voyage. Scalem is all keen for a fish and imagine my surprise when the decision was made that we are taking my boat. :P::)
With the weather being so iffy of late and not sure when I was going to get the chance to surprise Scalem on the water just by turning up in a new boat I decided to ring him and tell him. He had his family bundled up into the car pretty darn fast to be at my place let me tell you. :o;D

Nice boat mate hope you have a great time in your boat hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine ,.....matt

Matt I know the Blue Fins come with a pretty high recommendation from a lot of people so I am confident I am going to love this boat and have a lot of fun in it.

Hey Poodroo
Mate you must have been a very good boy this year for santa to bring you a new boat.::)
You won't know yourself in the new rig.Now you will have to wait for the weather to clear so you can get some blood on it.
Hopefully i will rember what it looks like when i am on the water so i don't drive straight past you.
Catch up on the water.

Cheers Dazza

Well Dazza if you do forget what it looks like I sure know what your boat looks like so if you see me waving frantically at you be sure to slow down and say g'day okay. ;)

Cheers,

Poodroo

PinHead
26-12-2007, 08:46 PM
good onya..it nearly had a 9 month gestation period

Tangles
27-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Well done mate,

Those bluefins have a great reputation. Look forward to seeing it on the water, so what are you going to call it?

mike

Scott Ashe
27-12-2007, 06:33 AM
Hi Poodroo,

Congratulations mate, good to see santa was good to you. There's nothing like taking a new rig for it's maiden voyage.

I've had my new rig (4.1m Allycraft Rhino) + Yammy 4 stroke for 6 months now.

Hope you get some good fish in it soon.

Cheers
Scott

Poodroo
27-12-2007, 02:23 PM
good onya..it nearly had a 9 month gestation period

Not wrong. If it took any longer it would have been past full term.

Well done mate,

Those bluefins have a great reputation. Look forward to seeing it on the water, so what are you going to call it?

mike

Actually took it for a short but sweet maiden voyage today. It is a great little boat on the water. I hope to see you and Bec out there soon. I have decided to name the boat "Miss Nauti."

Hi Poodroo,

Congratulations mate, good to see santa was good to you. There's nothing like taking a new rig for it's maiden voyage.

I've had my new rig (4.1m Allycraft Rhino) + Yammy 4 stroke for 6 months now.

Hope you get some good fish in it soon.

Cheers
Scott

Thanks Scott. Never know, I might just bump into you out on the water sometime.

Just a couple more photos out the front of Scalem's place today after we got back from our short fishing trip this morning.

Regards,

Poodroo

Scalem
27-12-2007, 02:58 PM
We tested it in the rain - No leaks!!

Scalem

Kleyny
27-12-2007, 03:13 PM

Scalem

thats funny
my first car got tested by me and the mates for months before i got my licence.::)

Nice boat poodroo.

neil

deadbeatloser
27-12-2007, 08:45 PM

Scalem
nice rig m8 but must say where is the etec , i just hope my etec experiences didnt scared you off them as i am getting an etec proof windscreen next time round and am not going with your minus one plug theory as the blue tack keeps flying out at high speed when i fire her up
happy new year and stay afloat
don8-)

dogsbody
27-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Nice one Andrew. Don't ya just luv a new boat. "Bloo Poo"

Dave.

Poodroo
28-12-2007, 05:57 AM
nice rig m8 but must say where is the etec , i just hope my etec experiences didnt scared you off them as i am getting an etec proof windscreen next time round and am not going with your minus one plug theory as the blue tack keeps flying out at high speed when i fire her up
happy new year and stay afloat
don8-)

Thanks Don. I would love to think that I could have got an etec on it but it is near impossible to marry up your favourite donk to the boat of your choice. Either the dealer has the right boat but only deals in Suzuki or Mercury outboards or visa versa. Out of my choices between the Suzuki or the Mercury outboards I have to say that the Mercury seemed the better choice. She runs real sweet and I am happy.

Nice one Andrew. Don't ya just luv a new boat. "Bloo Poo"

Dave.

Thanks Dave but Bloo Poo? Lol
I decided to be more inventive with the boat name because it is amazing when I log on with VMR they just cannot seem to understand any names relating to Poo. :P Hopefully "Miss Nauti" will be easier for them. Look forward to catching up with some of you on the water soon.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Scalem
28-12-2007, 07:05 AM
What about Nauti -Gal??? Just popped into my head and had to write it down, so why not here?

Scalem

Poodroo
28-12-2007, 07:22 AM
What about Nauti -Gal??? Just popped into my head and had to write it down, so why not here?

Scalem

Hey I like that even better... great suggestion. Nauti-Gal it is. ;)

Poodroo

KAGEY1
28-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Nice One Poodroo. Great Lookin Machine! Did You 2 Get Any Fish While You Were Out? Not Much Chance Of Me Catchin Yez On The Water, But I Wish You And All Who Sail In Her, Tight Lines And Safe Returns.
Cheers, Geoff

Silent
28-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey nice rig there and forward to see more reports from you regarding "Mud Island" you should be proud new captain 'POODROO'

Tangles
28-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Well a late starter, what about Blue-Nauti Been-Nauti Be-Nauti Am-Nauti
Was-Nauti Still-Nauti

or seeing as your a placcie diehard, how about Bait-Free

cheers
mike

haggis
28-12-2007, 08:40 PM
good looking boat poodroo hope she helps you catch lots of fish .
but leave some for the rest of us .
cheers haggis .

Poodroo
28-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice One Poodroo. Great Lookin Machine! Did You 2 Get Any Fish While You Were Out? Not Much Chance Of Me Catchin Yez On The Water, But I Wish You And All Who Sail In Her, Tight Lines And Safe Returns.
Cheers, Geoff

Thanks Geoff. Yes we did catch a couple of fish. Scalem landed a nice cod which became my dinner and I landed a nice squire which may or may not have been legal but I returned it anyhow. I rarely keep anything under 40cms. There was one grinner caught but I don't count that as a fish.

Hey nice rig there and forward to see more reports from you regarding "Mud Island" you should be proud new captain 'POODROO'

Thanks heaps silent. I am proud of the new rig and I am sure I am going to see you a bit in the bay weather permitting.

Well a late starter, what about Blue-Nauti Been-Nauti Be-Nauti Am-Nauti
Was-Nauti Still-Nauti

or seeing as your a placcie diehard, how about Bait-Free

cheers
mike

Hey steady on there Mike. Having an overload with all the suggestions. :P All good names but so far I like "Nauti-Gal" the best. Does anyone know where I can get the lettering made up?

good looking boat poodroo hope she helps you catch lots of fish .
but leave some for the rest of us .
cheers haggis .

No worries there at all haggis. I doubt the fish stocks in the bay are under any threat from my humble fishing techniques. Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,

Poodroo

KAGEY1
29-12-2007, 11:11 AM
mate do the name on the site here. you can design your own. i got mine in the post the other day. they even gave me a squeegee to put it on with.
cheers, geoff

charleville
29-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Goodonya Poodroo! :)

Best wishes for hundreds of very happy hours in her. :)

Poodroo
29-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Goodonya Poodroo! :)

Best wishes for hundreds of very happy hours in her. :)

Thanks Charlie. If this wind keeps up I am thinking of having a set of sails hand-made for her to save on fuel costs. ;)

Poodroo

polky
30-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Poodroo, congrats bud, nice rig. Sat in the cab of my newbie and drank a 6 pack of bourbons, weather was shit. The little lady was up me, boat was on footpath at front of house,reckons neighbours would think Iam strange. 2 days later fella next doors boat turns up Victoray 6mtr he slept in it. were just mad boat lovers. Anyway tight lines and safe boating. Polky.

Poodroo
30-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Poodroo, congrats bud, nice rig. Sat in the cab of my newbie and drank a 6 pack of bourbons, weather was shit. The little lady was up me, boat was on footpath at front of house,reckons neighbours would think Iam strange. 2 days later fella next doors boat turns up Victoray 6mtr he slept in it. were just mad boat lovers. Anyway tight lines and safe boating. Polky.

Thanks heaps Polky. You have given me an idea. If ever I am in the proverbial poo with the missus rather than squeeze into a dog house I can now just curl up in the boat. ::);)

Nice rig Bloke I reckon you'll have a ball in her , and hey I was so excited I slept in my bo-at when it first arrived ,but it was in the carport .

Greg

Thanks for the kind words Greg. I reckon I already have had a ball in her and have only had it out twice so far. I know once the weather settles a bit there will be a few more trips out.

Poodroo

GAD
30-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Nice rig Bloke I reckon you'll have a ball in her , and hey I was so excited I slept in my bo-at when it first arrived ,but it was in the carport .

Greg