PDA

View Full Version : chasing garden worms

greg30
26-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey guys headind out to fish texas & bonshaw next week or so i.m chasing worms for fish . can someone got any ideas where i coulb buy some on north side of brissy Cheers guys let me know greg30 8-)

Taipan
26-12-2007, 06:06 PM
if you can't find em in ya garden, try a pet feed shop! I looked everywhere up here awhile back and the only place I could find them was either a garden nursery or a pet feed shop.

shayned
26-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Ian at The Tackle Shop at carseldine carries them, also is a worm farm at Burpengary mind you good luck getting them to ansmer the phone. Also worm farm at Scarborough is very responsive only compost worms I think. Type worm farm into yellow pages and look in bait from memory. Hope this helps.

charleville
26-12-2007, 06:44 PM
so i.m chasing worms

That must be good to watch! ;D ;D ;D

http://img.skitch.com/20071226-rj6bfq19kp5yhr1t7y4p1whacq.jpg

;D ;D ;D

oldboot
26-12-2007, 10:16 PM
you are best getting them direct from a worm farmer if you can.
Some nurserise will have em.

you realy need to know what type they are........ some of the " popular" composting worms arent good bait at all...... others are fantasic........From memory african night crawlers are the go.

bro inlaw in townsville grows worms....I'll ask him what the go is next time I se him.

Worms keep quite well if you look after them and they are very postable.....so if you get realy keen you could find someone with the right gear and get a KG posted to you.

cheers