PDA

View Full Version : O.K. so what did santa bring?????

revs57
26-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Now the mist is clearing from a busy day yesterday I was wondering what the jolly old fella shared around a bunch of fisho's

We did things a little differently this year and got one pressie for one family member.

I was given a really neat Thai recipe book of a very expensive variety, and new mortise and pistil and some small square stone ware bowls to hold spices and other delicacies for when I hit the kitchen - yes I'm a messy bugger and Jackie figures she'll get me organized! I assured her after 22 years of wedded bliss she was fighting an up hill battle, but the bowls are so neat, it just might work this time!

So what about others...how'd ya fare????

Cheers

Rhys

Timfishin4fun
26-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi Rhys, I got a top curry cook book which I'm keen to knock a couple up ( look out ring sting). I was giving from my wife a boat cover to throw over the haines. Looks great and will be putting it on today.

I hoped everyone fared well.

Tim

bluefin59
26-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Santa was good to me again this year my children and grandchildren all got me fishing stuff ,mad keen shirts , new placcies bag , more placcies even some chooks amongst them , new hat for the boat ,new enviro net , and a new live fibre blades & tails 6-10 kg rod so i am more than happy ,there seems to be a theem in the pressies only fishing stuff . Only disappointment was i couldn't find my 5.5 cruise craft or fisher santa must have been too busy to find me one of those o well i'm happy with the fin for now maybe he will bring it next year . I cant be too greedy iguess at least my family are happy and healthy ,hope you all enjoy your new toys and have a great new year enjoy ....matt

hope the weather comes good ...............

charleville
26-12-2007, 07:54 AM
This thread reminds me of the joke ...

A small boy wrote to Santa Claus:

"Please send me a baby brother," the little boy requested earnestly.

Santa wrote back:

"Send me your mother."

;D ;D ;D

Flattie Assassin
26-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Columbia Bonehead fishing shirt.

10 Various Lures.

Gift card for tackle shop.

GLoomis hat.

Rivers shorts.

Bonzai tree book.

Mrs Claus....

;D

jtpython
26-12-2007, 08:21 AM
:D Since buying my boat my wife use's the excuse that all my xmas pressie's and birthdays are covered by it for the next 6 years which is when i finish paying it off.;D

But yesterday i got more boxer's then i'll ever wear and some good dvd's which i collect , but most of all watching the kids faces are enuff gifts to me on xmas day.:) :) :)

jm82
26-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Gary Howard Gforce 8-15kg 6ft Overhead

Shimano Trinidad 30

Regards Josh

rando
26-12-2007, 08:26 AM
My 7 yr &10yr old daughterswanted daddy to have some fishing stuff,,,
Wading bag, Rod bag, scales, hook stone. Arent they bloody little bottlers????
Also scored ,hat sunnies, sunshirt, book, all good for the pending camping trip.
I must have been a very good boy.:) ;D

gawby
26-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Well i got some Monaro T shirts
some washing pads to wash the truck with
some stink spray
liquorice
a box of filleting knives, that might be some hint to go fishing and learn to catch fish better than driving trucks?
thongs
not mrs clause
and a good day out
Graeme

aussie9
26-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi Guys and Girls

Santa must read the Ausfish posts too. I have been discussing new Fishfinders recently.

I got a new Raymarine DS500X Fishfinder. (the copy of the reciept from Fishon Marine in the Sates anyway).

Should arrive towards the end of next week, allowing for the holidays.

I'll let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas and wish you all the best for 2008.

poundalead
26-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I cleaned up!
1. Daiwa Saltist 40h
2. Grant's Guide to fishing (which the in-laws drove from Maryborough to Kingaroy to collect, God bless them!)
3. $100 Gift voucher to boaties warehouse
4. $300 cash
5. Strudwick Sic stick pro

Hope everyone has a safe and merry holiday period
Cheers Benny

Bubba Gump
26-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Best thing for me was my 10 year old son getting his first saltwater fly fishing outfit, 8wt T3 rod & Mach reel.

I didn't do to bad either, 2 Under Armour Flats Guide Shirts & Shimano Calais DC reel!

;D

MY-TopEnder
26-12-2007, 10:58 AM
$100 BCF Vouchers
Boxers
Really nice business shirts
A couple of books

I knew i wasn't getting anything "rave to everyone" exciting, so i bought myself a Saltist HRF Baitcaster on a Shimano Raider Barra rod, and spooled it with 20lb Fins.... all for my Tweed River holiday.

PinHead
26-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I had the greatest gift of all..lunch at the Surf Club restaurant at Couran Cove..what made it special...wife...son and daughter in law and 16 month old grandaughter and daughter and 6 year old grandson all there...loved it...first time in 3 years we have all been together on XmasDay.

Noha
26-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Me, i got socks, jocks and a nookie and they were all 2 sizes to big. lol

f.t.r.
26-12-2007, 12:20 PM
a veryvery ordinary fisherman t-shirt
a tackle box
pair of sunnies
new shorts
jack johnson tickets

did pretty well this year, might have to figure what i did and do it again next year.

matty.

p.s. where do you find mrs. claus?

russ81
26-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Hows it going guys

Im guessing Santa didnt check his list twice this year because i cleaned up

Scored a 406 Epirb
6-10kg Berkley dropshot
8-10kg ugly stik with a shakespeare overhead
Gaff
Landing net
Free standing Jarvis Walker rod stand
and the missus bought me the Rapala Pro tournament fishing for the Nintendo wii so i can fish even if the weather is crap

Russ

Pistol_P
26-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Santa came early for me and I receieved a Saltiga Dogfight....:D

Man what a reel.......I nearly slept with it the first night.....;D

Pete

Poodroo
26-12-2007, 01:49 PM
I must have been a real bad boy this year. I only got four things from Santa. I got a Rex Hunt's Guide to Fishing book, GPS for the car, a 12 volt compressor for 4wd'ing, and what was the forth? Um.. trying to remember.....oh that's right, a new boat! ;D

Poodroo

bludog
26-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Scored big time Furuno 620 colour sounder
cant wait to get it hooked up and get on the water ;D

Best wishes to all

chrisallangler
26-12-2007, 06:34 PM
A Chronarch 100B a Daiwa Procaster Z, a filleting knife, placcies, moey:)

mattooty
26-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I got a BDO ticket, some packs of owner trebles to fix up all my rusting raiders, new polarised sunnies, the old man built me a wall that i can store all my rods and gear and a few odds and ends such as the usual clothes.

Flattie Assassin
26-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I got a BDO ticket

Very cool and hard to get.

udlman
27-12-2007, 06:44 AM
I managed to land a

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m283/udlman/Image005.jpg

Pitty bout the weather tho. I wanna use it a bit more.

Brad.

MY-TopEnder
27-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Nice work Brad....

LostNearBribie
27-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Lovely little Japanese lures for me....
Not good in this wind though.

lippa
27-12-2007, 10:18 AM
i scored a plano 7771 tackle box and various peices of tackle, some kelvin klein perfume, clothes and a wickedly massive hangover. no nookie or mrs clause!!!!!

lippa

themissus
27-12-2007, 12:04 PM
A trip to the Solomon Islands @ the end of Jan. And a certate 2500r for the trip.
Very happy camper.

land-lubber
27-12-2007, 11:58 PM
4000 sustain and a 4-6kg 7ft angler stealth dcx rod, wicked combo, blooded it on a couple o nice grassies and lost a monster salty barra, biggest ive eva hooked, followed it up with a 70cm barra to keep me happy (released of course being closed season, and wasnt targetting the mongerels, they just happened to be there at the time and i couldnt get a plastic past them)

Freeeedom
28-12-2007, 07:41 AM
The best present I got, apart from watching the grandkids open theirs, was a carton of beer from the kids. But not just any carton of beer!
Check out the labels. The relaxed individual sitting on the Teewah beach in the picture on the label - is ME!
Don't know how they did it, but you can bet that, once empty, these stubbies won't end up in the recycle bin.
Oh, and the beer is light, so I can take it on fishing trips to prevent dehydration!
Cheers Freeeedom

Flattie Assassin
28-12-2007, 07:56 AM
What an awesome pressie Freedom. Very original.

KAGEY1
28-12-2007, 08:07 AM
mrs says the new boat is all i'll get for the next 5 years!!but also got a new hair clipper set.
bought number 2 daughter a pink ugly stick 3-6kg and s/speare reel. she loves it. pity about the weather, or she'd have us out there using it now.
cheers, Geoff

Stuie
28-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Livefibre M10 and a Tyrnos 20. Just need this cyclone to bugger off so I can use them.

roz
28-12-2007, 07:51 PM
A samurai NV7, was a toss up between that and stilletos...Nah! No contest.

mad_pierre06
28-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Things still being very tight, was happier to get a coupla things for the billy lids, but i still ended up with two shirts which were too small. Took 'em back this arvo, grabbed the cash, and spent $52 on some soft plastics and jig heads, thanks to Big W and their 20% off lures and terminal tackle sale.

Mrs Claus helped ease the pain of fiscal starvation, and took the kids out to St. George where the joy of seeing them reel in five good size euro carp, and two just legal cod was worth any amount of money. :)

reelemin1974
29-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Well i got some Monaro T shirts
some washing pads to wash the truck with
some stink spray
liquorice
a box of filleting knives, that might be some hint to go fishing and learn to catch fish better than driving trucks?
thongs
not mrs clause
and a good day out
Graeme

I can't beleieve you are a truckie but you got a thong for christmas!

I just got stockings and suspenders.

Volvo
29-12-2007, 10:29 AM
New Flash fer the Camera:)..

Mrs Ronnie H
29-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi All
Well Santa didn't disappoint me--

A Camping kitchen, Foot Spa, Chokkies, Gift Vouchers.

The boys were told Gift vouchers for Supre (clothing shop) for the girls and BCF for the boys--- Was crossing my fingers for BCF!!!!!

Ronnie

mangomick
30-12-2007, 05:23 AM
40 knot winds, 3 to 4 metre seas on a 3 to 4 metre swell and a four day break to enjoy it all. BAH HUMBUG

All the best for the NEW YEAR:-*

dogsbody
30-12-2007, 08:10 AM
BCF voucher

mackeral lure

a bunch of dvds Holden and fishing

Gary Howard morteon bay spin stick
(keen to try it out Custaro););)

Dave.