PDA

View Full Version : A Good Christmas Read

NAGG
24-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi there Ausfishers:vrolijk_26: Over the past 7 weeks or so ( during some convalescence for torn ligaments in my lower back) in between wearing out my fishing DVD collection....Ebaying & trawling the fishing mag section of my local newsagent ...... I managed to come across a great read:thumbsup: " CATCH" .. The east coast fishing annual ( the ultimate east coast fishing guide).

Basically the title says it all ......... In a nut shell its 42 articles written by many well known & respected fishoes including our very own Cy & Kerrin Taylor & Jason Wilhelm.
Some of the articles that interested me are ... Gimme Five - Barra Tactics (Cy & Kerrin Taylor) , Dam of Dreams- Lake Awoonga (Jason Wilhelm) , Barra in the cattle yards- Lake Monduran (Jason Medcalf), Coming out on top- Surface Lures (poppers for bream) , Casting for natives- Spinnerbaits Vs Hardbodies , GT Pictorial (Adam Royter) & Clear Winners- Clear Lures.
There are many more articles ranging from Morton bay squid & Mackerel Tactics, Snapper , Yellowfin Tuna , through to Snowy Mt trout & Tassie Bream.
The photos are sensational & there a plenty of tips / diagrams.8-)
There is enough of a read here (over 300 pages) to keep you occupied during those boring family / friends get together during festive season;)
Anyhow check it out at your newsagent!

Finally .... All the best to all Ausfishers & your families for Christmas:) ............ Be safe , take care on the roads & water ....... & may you all get a bag full !:P Tight lines .... Nagg

mattooty
25-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Its a top read. My old man bought me that for chrissy and ive spent most of the day laying around reading it.

MY-TopEnder
25-12-2007, 10:06 PM
It does look great... but this being the silly season i haven't had a chance to sit around and do nothing but read for a few hours.

I have 4 days of pure relaxation down the tweed coming up so i plan to spend as much time as possible down there reading when i'm not fishing or at the pub.