PDA

View Full Version : Being Ripped Off

Pages : [1] 2

gawby
23-12-2007, 02:45 PM
There was a bloke on Ebay trading as QldGps.
I bid on a Northstar 550 Gps and won it.
I transferred my money to him by internet a month ago and guess what, That's right no bloody gps.:-[
I have done the contact ebay thing and the last reort i have is the qld police fraud squad.:-/
Before i do this i am wondering if anybody on ausfish knows of this bloke and could put me in his direction.
I know his name and mobile but that dosn't help at this stage.
All i want is the gps or my money back.
I want to knock on his front door.;D
Graeme;)

onerabbit
23-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Report the mongerel, I thought Ebay had "some" security for this sort of thing???

Muzz

megalodon
23-12-2007, 03:18 PM
When buying on e-bay first check the feedback. Couple of negatives means little if they have feedback in the thousands but when you constantly see feedback reading that the postage is slow you look a bit closer. As looking at this guy he is a go between he does not have these items. Once won and paid for he forwards the description of item you won and your address off to a warehouse and they then take it from there and post it out. They can be doing this for hundreds of sellers and he could be getting his items from 10 or 20 different places. Looks a bit strange he deregistered even with such feedback and a huge turnover. Anyway since your item looks to have been from the USA ( I read through his feedback closer ) there is a very little chance it could be still in the mail system just slow because of Xmas backlog or taking a tour of a country or Oz for a while. It is a slim chance. Other than that he looks to have deregistered around 30 oct since thats the last feedback for him. So is it 1 month or close to 2 months now?
Rule to follow with e-bay is anything over 50 register it that includes insurance up to $100. Anything over $150 take extra insurance its only a small amount.

Oog.
23-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi Graeme, i do believe that the dodgy dealer also traded on ebay about 12 months ago as wholesale marine or something similar until he ripped too many people off and shut up shop just as he has now.
Aus post kept losing everything he sent
He advertized his gear as local, but after he has your money he then orders your gear from the US blaming the post for the delays
So let me guess - his name is Garry?

mik01
23-12-2007, 04:08 PM
you should pay via paypal for protection. if the seller doesn't offer it, don't buy from them

tunaticer
23-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I seem to recollect that this guy was trading out of Deception Bay from his home if my memory serves me correctly. I missed out on a Garmin 172C he had listed and sent him an email and he replied that i could pick up from his place at Deception Bay if I won the item.

The name QLDGps rings a bell. Unfortunately I have no emails remaining from him.

Jack.

Flattie Assassin
23-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Thats a sum of money, go the fraud squad.

udlman
23-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Do a google search. I found him quite easily. Looks ok to me. has a 99.6% rating on ebay.

I'm sure you could find more details.

Brad

seabug
23-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Seller has deregistered after only 6 months and did not offer buyer protection.>:( >:(
Fraud squad would be my approach ASAP

Regards
seabug

fairstar
04-01-2008, 06:17 AM
I don't know him but I'm getting closer to finding him. :-[ I'm in the same boat. I won a Northstar on the 29th of Nov and still haven't got it. The last email I got from Mr David John of Qld GPS was a week after he was dergistered from eBay. On the 11th of Dec he said that he had recived my money and would send the GPS. I have emailed him plenty of times since then but still have had no reply. eBay would not release any of his details to me and advised that I contact the police. I have found a PO box address for him in QLD so I've now sent off a letter. If I have any luck I will post it here.
Fairstar....

Flattie Assassin
04-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Do not buy off the internet unless it offers paypal protection. Unless the seller is obviously got a great record over a few years.

If you don't understand the ratings etc. Do not purchase unless it's a paypal transaction.

Stick by that rule and you should be ok.

gawby
04-01-2008, 09:06 AM
I have been making quite a few inquiries into this and it appears that he has been and is still quite a scam.
He has and still is trading under
(1)Qld gps
(2)Qld gps discount marine world
(3)Discount marine world australia
I have a phone no for him which goes to his son and he hangs up when he knows it is someone other than family or friends.
I have his name Garry John BEATTIE and he lives at Bundaberg Qld, and i know his address.
I know that not only a couple of us on ausfish have been touched but people off shore from us are chasing him as well.
I am waiting for a detective from bundaberg to come back to work from on monday the 7th jan and i will be talking to him as he has had previous dealings with this beattie.
I will post and let you all know who are chasing him what the detective advises.
Graeme

marco
04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I have been making quite a few inquiries into this and it appears that he has been and is still quite a scam.
He has and still is trading under
(1)Qld gps
(2)Qld gps discount marine world
(3)Discount marine world australia
I have a phone no for him which goes to his son and he hangs up when he knows it is someone other than family or friends.
I have his name Garry John BEATTIE and he lives at Bundaberg Qld, and i know his address.
I know that not only a couple of us on ausfish have been touched but people off shore from us are chasing him as well.
I am waiting for a detective from bundaberg to come back to work from on monday the 7th jan and i will be talking to him as he has had previous dealings with this beattie.
I will post and let you all know who are chasing him what the detective advises.
Graeme

yep , dealt with the same guy 18 months ago and the same story usa mail delivery problems . after a lot of calls which were hung up on by his family i made it quite clear i was driving to bundy to collect my money and then some and he returned the lot .
very interesting to hear he was doing it to others .

what is bullshit is ebay and there response to pricks like this , ebay should be held liable as well .

mark

marco
04-01-2008, 04:37 PM
check your pm gawby

Flattie Assassin
04-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Rightyo, I'll collect all your debts for half... ;D;)

Chris Ryan
04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
HMM

Mr Beattie - ripping off boaties. Wonder if he is a relative of the other Beattie that kicked off a major rip-off of boaties all over the state a few years back???

Hope you get him nailed. If the Police won't/can't do anything, get today tonight or a current affair on the case.

Chris

Geoff Coombs
07-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I also won a Northstar 557 on 29/11/07 sent through money by bank transfer and no goods. I have reported Qldgps to fraud squad but I am not hopeful of a result. I would be really interested in finding him as a trip to bundy would not bother me at all. He replied to my last email saying that he was surprised that I did not have my goods. If I don't have any joy by the end of this week I have his bank details and mobile number and I am sure I can get someone to use this info to get his address. Please keep me posted on your progress.

Geoff Coombs
07-01-2008, 08:38 AM
I have been ripped of as well and would be really interested in getting his address. I also won a Northstar 557 on 29/11/07. Money sent and no goods.

crossy
07-01-2008, 10:54 AM
jee wiz it amazing how some low some people can be. iv had that happen to me on eBay but from a differant seller

marco
07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
I have been ripped of as well and would be really interested in getting his address. I also won a Northstar 557 on 29/11/07. Money sent and no goods.

check your pm geoff , and while your in bundy might as well get a tour of the rum distillery as well , that should calm the nerves a bit lol ::)::)::)::)

cormorant
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Any news on this scum???

Make sure he is charged even if you get your money back. Police can request records from ebay and get everyone who has been ripped off notified. Enough people will be able to claim his assetts and make his life hell.

A little publicity like an add in the local paper and where he is employed after you get your money back makes you feel a lot better.

I got done by a guy and I found out who he was and spoke to his employer and local fishing club and what do you know the combined pressure lost him his job and he payed before I had to put add in the paper. Did it anyway as he was scum.

4x4frog
10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Any news on this scum???

Make sure he is charged even if you get your money back. Police can request records from ebay and get everyone who has been ripped off notified. Enough people will be able to claim his assetts and make his life hell.

A little publicity like an add in the local paper and where he is employed after you get your money back makes you feel a lot better.

I got done by a guy and I found out who he was and spoke to his employer and local fishing club and what do you know the combined pressure lost him his job and he payed before I had to put add in the paper. Did it anyway as he was scum.
Very well handled cormorant8-)
ausfishlinchmob signing up now.
May-be the next boaties rally should be a drive to Bundy for those 'touched' by this mongrel. He'd certainly hurry and deliver if several ugly ausfishos arrived on his door step:o;D

Not saying nay of us are ugly though:-*

moater
10-01-2008, 01:54 PM
What a pr1ck !! >:( >:( >:(

The irony of the name - 'Deception' Bay...nothin' against the decent folk there. :P

Darren

Willo
10-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Well Ya never can pick em
Back in August of 07 I bought a Garmin 172c GPSmap of this guy
At that stage he had a ebay 99.6% rating and his adress was in Brisbane
Although from memory it took about 2 weeks to get hear ,was happy with the product
Ya would think you would be safe with a 99.6% rating on 596 transactions though,But evidently not

Willo

cormorant
10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
A lot of the ebay traders use many small transactions to make their feedback look good. I had one who sold lots of golf tees and had a great rating. Every 6 months or so he would all with one closing day sell 50 golf glubs at $400 each. Then would delay as he had them ordered and posted from overseas. Most arrived eventually and about 50% got money refunded after he had had use of it for 6 weeks hmmmmm- better than a credit card. Got a few bad feedbacks then sold more golf tees and was at it again. Ebay don't give a toss.

Ebay sellers think they are anomonyous- well they aren't unless they are very crafty.

honda900
10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
filthy grub, hope you catch up with him for a chat..

Is this the same guy?

http://qldgps.com/

Regards
HOnda

marco
10-01-2008, 05:39 PM

Is this the same guy?

Regards
HOnda

not sure if it is him but i wouldnt buy from them anyway , absolutly no contact information on the site other then a message box

disorderly
10-01-2008, 05:52 PM

Is this the same guy?

Regards
HOnda

Try contacting them and asking?

Scott

catfishkid
10-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Im am not sure if it same bloke,but a good friend of mine bought a navman gps from ebay about 18 months ago from a guy based in bundy and exactly the same thing happened as mentioned here.
My friend found out his address through contacts and just rocked up on his doorstep,the guy was very upset that his adress was known but did supply gps very quickly indeed as my friend isnt a little bloke and can be quite persuasive.

cheers Craig

honda900
11-01-2008, 06:47 AM
The whole website is pretty dodgy, it is hosted by "domains by proxy" from the united states, the whois for the site doesnt even list and admintration contact and on the home page proxy site says "your identity is no ones business but ours".

About us from the hosting company.

"Domains By Proxy® was conceived to deal with one of the biggest shortcomings of the Internet — the loss of privacy. We believe you should be able to keep your personal information private when you register a domain -- and now you can, by switching your “public” registration to a “private” one, using our patented private registration process. "

Very sus

Regards
HOnda

Willo
11-01-2008, 09:23 AM

Is this the same guy?

Regards
HOnda

Yer Thats the Guy
Willo

fairstar
13-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I have been down to the local police station and filled out a Fruad assessment sheet. The officer said it is unlikley that I'll get my money back. Hopfuly they will be able to press charges. Will post it here if any thing happens.

marco
13-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I have been down to the local police station and filled out a Fruad assessment sheet. The officer said it is unlikley that I'll get my money back. Hopfuly they will be able to press charges. Will post it here if any thing happens.

if charges are pending it may pay to be careful about what is posted about this guy .

fishonista
21-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to join in this thread to let you know that I too have been ripped off by this mongrel. I bought a Northstar 538 Colour GPS Chartplotter for my husband for Christmas. Won it on the 30th November 07, paid via funds transfer on the 1st December 07, discovered he was ill/injured or something a couple of days later, finally discovered he was deregistered from eBay one week later! This unit cost me $415.00 .... not happy Jan! I have tried to phone him, he won't answer his calls. I even asked for a refund, including the p&h costs, finally I received an email from him on the 7th January 2008 stating that he had sent the item and he would look into the postage from his side!!!! Still no goods delivered to my door! I've told him that I am reporting him to the fraud squad for online fraud. Obviously this man doesn't have a conscience or any moral values .... his parents must be proud! I've got the paperwork from QLD Police to fill out and forward to them for investigation. Fingers crossed this all works out. It would be interesting to see how many other people have been stung. Will let you all know how it pans out.

Local_Guy
21-01-2008, 10:04 AM
it's always good to read and follow this thread and i must say i feel for everyone and hope you get your money back as i'm sure by now you don't want the item especially from this guy.

a few suggestions and comments though.

No one has mentioned that postage was registered or not as with registered post you get a tracking number and he should forward you this number so you can track the delivery of your item especially being one in the $$$'s.

eveyone who has had bad dealings with this guy should file a complaint with the police. the way the police would see it (and no disrespect to them) but with 1 or 2 complaints they would say "just cut your losses you won't get your money back" (like another member stated). but if they get 10 - 15 or 20 complaints about this one guy they are going to take this matter more seriously and make his life difficult and you will have a better chance of taking this guy to court and hopefully winning...

another option i think would be to find out everyone who has had bad dealings with this person and go visit him with police there as a witness and safety. Approach this guy as a group and ask for your money back. At this point i'm preety sure he will fold and give u what he owes you, but if he doesn't you all know where he is and you have 20 statements from 20 people that all say the same thing and this is going to hold up strong in court.

also with his web page qldgps.com you should be able to find out preety easilly if this web page/business is registered and a legal business. if it's not i'm sure you could take further action. but this i'm not sure on the process.

you could also call the manufacturer/supplier of the product you just purchased and ask if Mr. Beattie (qldgps) is a supplier of their products. If they say "yes" explain to them your situation. With out them knowing they will think this guy sells an awesome amount of sounders and continue to give him unbeatable prices over other competitors. If they aren't, most suppliers don't like the reseller doing the dodgy as it gives their product a bad name.

on a last note. i hope everyone on here that has had dealings with Mr Beattie gets what they want, whether that be their money back or the product they ordered....

keep this thread alive as it makes an awesome read :)

Geoff Coombs
21-01-2008, 04:21 PM
HMM

Mr Beattie - ripping off boaties. Wonder if he is a relative of the other Beattie that kicked off a major rip-off of boaties all over the state a few years back???

Hope you get him nailed. If the Police won't/can't do anything, get today tonight or a current affair on the case.

Chris
Same fella is in front of Wholsale Marine. Our Mr GJ Beattie gets around. Stay away from QLDGps and Wholsale Marine

fishonista
22-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Everyone ....

We should all get together and take these mongrels down. I seriously would like to get my money back! Please PM me ASAP. If we all put our claims in to the Police together, then they'll have to take action. The sooner we do this the better chance we will have to get our money back. Anyone interested?

Jo

cormorant
22-01-2008, 09:29 AM
If you all get your police report numbers and have your report amended so it is linked to the others reports it will come up on the police system as a more major and obvious issue. Have the offenders name and spelling checked . They will see the consistancy if all the reports ( incident numbers) are attached and linked. They might actually do something then as it will be possible for them to take action.

Unless manually done with all the spelling errors and people AKA's, several addresses in the police system these blokes get away with it for a long time.

Don't know how QLD police work but do they allocate this to closest ststion or run it from the reporting ststion. Whichever it is try and have the officer who will do the legwork name on the report.

You'll hav eto push as there isn't many resources allocated to these minor fraud / theft cases- Oh yeah try and get them all classed as the same type of crime on the report

fishonista
22-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info Cormorant .... much obliged.

Gawby, did you manage to get in contact with the detective at Bundy Police Station? If so, can I have their contact details?

I have a lot of information on QldGPS, currently trading under David Beattie's name. Previously trading under Garry Beattie's name, I'm assuming that this is David's father! I also know which company David works for, not sure on the branch though.

And as a general point of interest, for those of us who have been stung by this wretch, I have a nasty feeling that QldGPS is currently trading on the OZtion website trading under Queensland GPS!

Jo

marco
22-01-2008, 06:15 PM
as another way to get this guy , a complaint to asic about his registered company and the way he does business is a violation of the trade practices act and if proven asic will come down hard on him .

TheRealAndy
22-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info Cormorant .... much obliged.

Gawby, did you manage to get in contact with the detective at Bundy Police Station? If so, can I have their contact details?

I have a lot of information on QldGPS, currently trading under David Beattie's name. Previously trading under Garry Beattie's name, I'm assuming that this is David's father! I also know which company David works for, not sure on the branch though.

And as a general point of interest, for those of us who have been stung by this wretch, I have a nasty feeling that QldGPS is currently trading on the OZtion website trading under Queensland GPS!

Jo

I know of a Gary Beattie who lives in bundy, is a sailer. How did his name come up? Can someone pm me if this has any relevance.

marco
23-01-2008, 03:00 AM
I know of a Gary Beattie who lives in bundy, is a sailer. How did his name come up? Can someone pm me if this has any relevance.

that is the guy

DaMaGe
23-01-2008, 03:32 PM
This thread has been very helpful. Bad luck to the ones involved :( hope luck goes your way and justice is served.

boof
26-01-2008, 08:16 AM
found this on another site don't no if is him .. he is at ELLIOTT HEADS (QLD bundy

http://www.oztion.com.au/-Garmin-GPS-MAP3005c-Marine-GPS-Chartplotter-/auction/3388591.aspx

marco
26-01-2008, 08:59 AM
found this on another site don't no if is him .. he is at ELLIOTT HEADS (QLD bundy

http://www.oztion.com.au/-Garmin-GPS-MAP3005c-Marine-GPS-Chartplotter-/auction/3388591.aspx

it is him , give him a wide berth if you like to keep your money .

gawby
26-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I have been in contact with a detective at Bundaberg and am waiting to hear back from him.
I went to an address in Bundy the other day and knocked on the door but he had moved.
I hope you are reading this BEATTIE because am going to knock on your door at Elliott Heads soon.
I will not take this being ripped off laying down and will not let up until i have my money back or the northstar gps i paid for. And in new and working order.
Graeme

marco
27-01-2008, 06:07 AM

did you have a chat to your mate , what was his excuse this time ?

smiley_doobinator
27-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I very nearly bought a garmin chartplotter off this guy but something told me not to in the end. Sometimes that litle voice i hear does some good eh! I hope you guys get your money/product from this prick. Nothing worse than paying for something and not getting it. Ebay is a great place to pick up a bargain but they need a little more consumer protection.

fairstar
28-01-2008, 04:42 AM
I will contact the police today with that info on the OZtion site. How the hell do you rip people off on one site then register some where else and continue selling. Got me stuffed how he sleeps at night. I guess my $929.00 helps him.

Fairstar.

fishonista
29-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi guys!

Keep up the good fight. We WILL win!

Jo

Local_Guy
29-01-2008, 09:08 PM
i saw this guys (qldgps) stats on ebay... 99.6% positive. how does someone go from being so good to being so bad...

WHALEOIL
31-01-2008, 08:18 PM
How the hell do you rip people off on one site then register some where else and continue selling.

Because the authorities like the police would sooner get you on a traffic infringement when you're on your way to Bundy and ASIC have enough balls to suggest you write a letter to the likes of this bloke first and not much support after that.

Basically, this snake rips people off because he can.

turbostx
01-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Gday all

Well we had dealings with this bloke through Ebay before Christmas, ordering a Furuno sounder, after a very long wait and numerous emails, we got the same spiel about being injured in hospital. Anyway we were one of the lucky ones and actually received the product with USA postal stamps. When l went to leave feedback he was no longer a registered user, we are so lucky l rekon we were one of the last people to actually receive a product. This guy needs to be stopped from taking other peoples hard earned cash.

sid_fishes
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
i would just put a bullet in this useless ####s head. but hey thats just me.sid

gawby
01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I have just got home at 11-30pm and leaving in the morning so i wont get much time to respond to everyones pms.
I had a bit of a go the other night and sent this bloke an email via qld gps and told him in pretty plain english that i wasn't happy and that i was coming to knock on his door and not let this rest until i had my money back or the gps.
To keep it short he replyed with the hospital thing again and not being able to see who had paid for won items on ebay as he had been pulled off the site and had lost all details because of same.
I have since sent him all my particulars again and he has replied by email stating i will receive my gps next week.
HERE'S HOPE.
I would suggest just incase he comes good that you all do the same.
Here is the site i contacted him on http://www.qldgps.com/.
I hope it works for me and i hope it works for you all.
I am tired and going to bed. Sorry if this is full of spelling mistakes.
Graeme

fishonista
02-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi guys!

I've reported both the Beatties and their shonky business to the Department of Fair Trading last week. I was told that should they not cough up the goods, they will be prosecuted.

Let the Legal Eagles do the dirty work!

Don't give up the fight, bring these @$%*&#()@'s down so they can't do it to other unsuspecting people.

Jo

Smithy
04-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Can someone please e-mail all the details about what they know about this bloke and any detective names to talk to or anything. I have just had a phone call from a mate that didn't want his details on AF but who has been ripped off by these people as well.

ReelCrazy2
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM QLDGPS
I too have been ripped off by this guy.
I wonder how many more
His site is still operating
It also looks like he has set up new sites to con people
Has anyone personally met him as I have a photograph I want confirmed is the culprit If So please PM me and I will send the photo

Reelcrazy

ReelCrazy2
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Here is one of Garry Beattie attitude to selling on the net

"News" <rjyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BVbpd.53113$Le1.1080900@news20.bellglobal.com ...
Quote:my account is suspended permanently. Is it possible to open an new
account?

Very simple.

Ask a friend if you could use their address. Change your name slightly and
away you go.

Just never use anything that would have been used in your previous banned
account such as credit cards, phone numbers etc.

I would say as much as 50% of eBays user list is made up of fake ID's or
people who are not who their eBay ID says they are.
Here is the link
http://www.newsbackup.com/post-446921.html

I think this explains this guy

ReelCrazy
Back to top (http://www.newsbackup.com/post-446921.html#top)

marco
07-02-2008, 06:43 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM QLDGPS
I too have been ripped off by this guy.
I wonder how many more
His site is still operating
It also looks like he has set up new sites to con people
Has anyone personally met him as I have a photograph I want confirmed is the culprit If So please PM me and I will send the photo

Reelcrazy

reelcrazy, get in touch with fishonista ( jo ) and get on board with making a complaint against old mate from bundy . sorry to hear you got stung by the prick but i think if everyone got together it might make the lazy arse coppers actually do something .

mark

marco
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Here is one of Garry Beattie attitude to selling on the net

"News" <rjyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BVbpd.53113$Le1.1080900@news20.bellglobal.com ...
Quote:my account is suspended permanently. Is it possible to open an new
account?

Very simple.

Ask a friend if you could use their address. Change your name slightly and
away you go.

Just never use anything that would have been used in your previous banned
account such as credit cards, phone numbers etc.

I would say as much as 50% of eBays user list is made up of fake ID's or
people who are not who their eBay ID says they are.
Here is the link
http://www.newsbackup.com/post-446921.html

I think this explains this guy

ReelCrazy
Back to top (http://www.newsbackup.com/post-446921.html#top)

mate i can assure you it is simply one excuse after another with this ###### , the one thing i am confused about is why ausfish member " the real andy " has not responded to all of this , it has been made clear that the garry beattie in bundaberg is a mate of the real andy so whats the go andy ? is your silmey mate going to come good ? have you spoken to him ? how about telling the arsehole to give people there money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like he did with me after i threaten to rip his head off .

sorry if i have offended anyone other than beattie .

mark

ReelCrazy2
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Just found a new link to QLDGPS

http://groups.msn.com/AustralianYachting/links.msnw?action=view_list&viewtype=1&sortstring=

ReelCrazy2
07-02-2008, 07:04 PM
QLDGPS last link posted by Garryb4

Who is he

http://profiles.yahoo.com/garryb4

Easy to follow

ReelCrazy

ReelCrazy2
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry this site has more info

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/5d449/

ReelCrazy

PS NEVER RIP OFF A CRAZY FISHERMAN

Fafnir
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
So has anyone followed up on Chris Ryans advice and gone to Today Tonight or A Current Affair about this guy? It's right up their alley, they love this sort of stuff. Just shoot one or both programs an email with whatever info you have and your contact phone number, list how many people have been ripped off as far as you know, and an approximate $ value of funds he has received and they will call you to arrange a story.

TheRealAndy
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM
mate i can assure you it is simply one excuse after another with this ###### , the one thing i am confused about is why ausfish member " the real andy " has not responded to all of this , it has been made clear that the garry beattie in bundaberg is a mate of the real andy so whats the go andy ? is your silmey mate going to come good ? have you spoken to him ? how about telling the arsehole to give people there money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like he did with me after i threaten to rip his head off .

sorry if i have offended anyone other than beattie .

mark

Hi mark, thanks for the input. I dont know the guy, I know of him. In fact I have never met the guy. If you have a problem, then PM me.

PinHead
09-02-2008, 06:20 AM
I had a mate have a read of this thread..he is a copper..(note: not a lawyer). His comments:
report to fraud squad and also ebay fraud section..it is difficult for Qld Police to get evidence without assistance from ebay fraud as there is no "actual" paper trail..only virtual.
they do take these complaints seriously but as we all know they are very underfunded in many areas..the more complaints to Qld Police then the more "action" could possibly be taken....the greater the number of complainants then the greater chance of getting it to court.
Under no circumstance make any physical threats to the person as they can then make claims against that person and NEVER put it in a public domain (as marco did) that you made any such threats..it leaves you open to legal action from the other party.

Just his comments on the situation and I cannot say what he actually said about the person involved.

Hopefully everyone will get their mpney back.

ReelCrazy2
10-02-2008, 04:50 AM
It is good to see Garry Beattie can do up his boat while I sit here with NO GPS
I found his posting on the net

From: http://sc.groups.msn.com/themes/R9c/pby/img/cmd/cool_global_nick.gifhttp://sc.groups.msn.com/img/R9c/c.gifGarryb4 (http://groups.msn.com/AustralianYachting/profile?user=Garryb4%E2%9C%93) (Original Message)Sent: 14/09/2007 5:53 AMWow, what an effort it has been climbing all over the boat with ripped
ligaments in my ankle!!!

The results are starting to come together nice though!! (And the fistfuls of
painkillers are helping heaps!!)

The new Targa Bar is now up and installed.
The 40 watt solar panel has been replaced and the new 130 watt panel is now
installed and thumping out some serious charge!!
I was impressed this morning. At 7:30am, with the sun behind the clouds, and
the panel in the shade of a tree, the panel was still putting out 1.5 amps.
It should put out 8 amps in full sun. I just checked it again at 10am and it
was putting out a little over 7 amps.
Mid-day it was 7.8 amps.

The GPS and VHF antenna's have now been installed onto the Targa.

The new Dinghy tow is halfway complete, using an old spare spinnaker pole
cut in half!!

Inside the cabin the new electric toilet is in.
The new 15 inch LCD flat screen TV is in and hooked up to the DVD player.
The new MP3/CD/AM/FM Stereo is installed with 4 new speakers (2 in the cabin
and 2 in the cockpit)
The new LED interior light is now installed.

STILL TO DO!!

Finish the Dinghy Tow system.
Install a Whale Watching seat on the bow for Amber.
Install a new fridge.
replace the furling headsail sheet.
Give the boat a good spring clean!!

Here is the link

http://groups.msn.com/AustralianYachting/forsale.msnw?all_topics=1

I suppose he will have to rip off a few more people so he can get a new fridge etc..
ReelCrazy

ReelCrazy2
10-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Here is a photo of Garry's Beattie boat

SANDPIPER sail number 125
If you see him on thev water tell him he is a rip off merchasnt in front of his friends

http://www.rlyachts.net/gallery/Sandpiper3-small.jpg (http://www.rlyachts.net/gallery/Sandpiper3.jpg)

marco
11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
pin head , sorry it took awhile to reply but it seems some have a soft spot for beattie .

many thanks for your legal advice on my posting how i went about retrieving my money back from old mate in bundy but i am fully aware of the legalities of my actions and i would enjoy the opportunity if old mate choose to take legal action against me for me having to retrieve MY money that he was trying to steal .

i was aware that the coppers were not interested in my case which is why i choose to get off my arse and do something, so with that in mind could you ask your police mate why they will not look at just one case but will maybe take a interest if there are several poeple that have been burnt . it seems to me that one case of fraud should be enough to warrant action from the police but there is a culture in the force to avoid doing any work that does not involve revenue raising .

oh and andy , your very welcome and yes and sent .

regards to gazza as well

cheers
mark

PinHead
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
pin head , sorry it took awhile to reply but it seems some have a soft spot for beattie .

many thanks for your legal advice on my posting how i went about retrieving my money back from old mate in bundy but i am fully aware of the legalities of my actions and i would enjoy the opportunity if old mate choose to take legal action against me for me having to retrieve MY money that he was trying to steal .

i was aware that the coppers were not interested in my case which is why i choose to get off my arse and do something, so with that in mind could you ask your police mate why they will not look at just one case but will maybe take a interest if there are several poeple that have been burnt . it seems to me that one case of fraud should be enough to warrant action from the police but there is a culture in the force to avoid doing any work that does not involve revenue raising .

oh and andy , your very welcome and yes and sent .

regards to gazza as well

cheers
mark

maybe you should ask your local MP that question...the police like the ambos and firies are underfunded as is health, teaching and virtually every other department except for EPA.

marco
11-02-2008, 07:17 PM
maybe you should ask your local MP that question...the police like the ambos and firies are underfunded as is health, teaching and virtually every other department except for EPA.
under funding has nothing to do with it , so many of them are just plain lazy .

PinHead
11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
under funding has nothing to do with it , so many of them are just plain lazy .

yeah right..seems you have little knowledge of how they operate. Just keep on threatening people...that will work a treat.

why didn't you engage a lawyer to take this person to court???

marco
12-02-2008, 03:06 AM
yeah right..seems you have little knowledge of how they operate. Just keep on threatening people...that will work a treat.

why didn't you engage a lawyer to take this person to court???

1/ i have a very good knowledge of how they operate , i have seen more of the double standards that come out of this police force than i wish i ever had .

2/ Just keep on threatening people. well yes that did work a treat .........it was the only language some people understand .

3/ engage a lawyer ????????? they are bigger crooks than the guy we are talking about and yes i know for only a thousand bucks involved why not use the small claims court , well the last time i went that way which i won i am still waiting for the 4k im owed .( 7years and counting )

4/ you are missing the point in all of this , you felt the need to share your mates opinion about my actions so i am asking nicely that your mate share his opinion about the double standards that exist in the force .

5/ i should never have even had to get close to what i had to do to retrieve my money but the simple fact is the coppers/ justice system dont care and it has been like that for many years , but try and steal a thousand bucks of them and watch your world come crashing down .

6/ a open forum like this one has done more to motivate people to bring this clown down and i know this by the pm's that are flying around .

7/ the sad thing is if the double standards did not exist oldmate from bundy would have been stopped long ago and the people that have had the misfortune of dealing with him since would be a darn site happier .

8/ the laws of this world are there to aid the few that wish to do the wrong thing and tough for the ones that are doing the right thing . so whats your mate doing about that ????????

regards
mark

fishonista
12-02-2008, 04:51 PM
It is good to see Garry Beattie can do up his boat while I sit here with NO GPS
I found his posting on the net

From: http://sc.groups.msn.com/themes/R9c/pby/img/cmd/cool_global_nick.gifhttp://sc.groups.msn.com/img/R9c/c.gifGarryb4 (http://groups.msn.com/AustralianYachting/profile?user=Garryb4%E2%9C%93) (Original Message)Sent: 14/09/2007 5:53 AMWow, what an effort it has been climbing all over the boat with ripped
ligaments in my ankle!!!

The results are starting to come together nice though!! (And the fistfuls of
painkillers are helping heaps!!)

The new Targa Bar is now up and installed.
The 40 watt solar panel has been replaced and the new 130 watt panel is now
installed and thumping out some serious charge!!
I was impressed this morning. At 7:30am, with the sun behind the clouds, and
the panel in the shade of a tree, the panel was still putting out 1.5 amps.
It should put out 8 amps in full sun. I just checked it again at 10am and it
was putting out a little over 7 amps.
Mid-day it was 7.8 amps.

The GPS and VHF antenna's have now been installed onto the Targa.

The new Dinghy tow is halfway complete, using an old spare spinnaker pole
cut in half!!

Inside the cabin the new electric toilet is in.
The new 15 inch LCD flat screen TV is in and hooked up to the DVD player.
The new MP3/CD/AM/FM Stereo is installed with 4 new speakers (2 in the cabin
and 2 in the cockpit)
The new LED interior light is now installed.

STILL TO DO!!

Finish the Dinghy Tow system.
Install a Whale Watching seat on the bow for Amber.
Install a new fridge.
replace the furling headsail sheet.
Give the boat a good spring clean!!

Here is the link

http://groups.msn.com/AustralianYachting/forsale.msnw?all_topics=1

I suppose he will have to rip off a few more people so he can get a new fridge etc..
ReelCrazy

Hey RC!

You know Mr Beattie told me that he had done his ligaments in the first week of December 2007, and he was in hospital at that time, therefore the delay in delivery of the goods!

This link is dated 14th September 2007!

He sure is a slow healer!!!!!!!!!

I think he pulled the same stunt in June/July 2007 as well. He sure is injury proned! Wouldn't want to pay his health insurance bill .... Oh I forgot, he took my money and I did pay for it!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, he's probably the biggest tight-arse in the country and is getting it fixed on Public Health!!!!!!!!!!!

C'est la vie!

Jo

Hot_Snappa
13-02-2008, 08:47 AM
I never have any problems with E-bay...primarily 'cause I don't use it! Can't see the sense in handing over my hard earned to someone I have no idea about!

Dirtysanchez
15-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't mind Ebay, but to be honest I just looked at the price of this basic fishfinder for my new tinny from a local reputable dealer, and then on this ebay link, and for $20 saving I will just go to the local dealer for piece of mind, and instant purchase / pick up..
Hope this isn't the guy ?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300196819164&Category=29723&_trksid=p3907.m29

WHALEOIL
16-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't mind Ebay, but to be honest I just looked at the price of this basic fishfinder for my new tinny from a local reputable dealer, and then on this ebay link, and for $20 saving I will just go to the local dealer for piece of mind, and instant purchase / pick up..
Hope this isn't the guy ?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300196819164&Category=29723&_trksid=p3907.m29

Your right about that. I have been watching Shimano calcuttas on ebay for a couple of weeks now, and they are going for more than an online tackle store.
$80 plus freight in one case. Some people get caught up in the bidding.

TLD 25's starting price on ebay is the same as purchase price at some online tackle stores.

mr_boats
19-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone.
The link just pasted isn't him thats me Mr Boats on ebay. I've had alot of problems with this guy as well. His name is Garry Beattie from bundaberg and he is constintly ripping people off. He has tried a few thigns with me as well. He actually opened one of these ebay account using all my business details and when he got shut down people were ringing me for there fishfinder. This guy is a massive knob. But I've been working closely with ebay and there security section is tracking this guy down and how they can pin internet fraud on him. They are getting very close to pressing charges they just need to get a couple more things together and theyare done. I'd like to see him compete with there legal department once it goes through. He'll get what he deserves. Just so people know this is the ebay name he is trading under at the moment bgfishing. Peolpe should open fake account and leave hime the feedback he deserves.

Smithy
19-02-2008, 09:47 AM
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/bgfishing08/

Is this his latest incarnation? Items are listed as coming from South Australia. Someone let him have it with both barrels in the feedback section!

fishonista
21-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I checked this out too, not sure if it's the same guy. Maybe he's skipped town from Bundy on his yacht, and has taken up temporary residence in SA!! Gee, he would have sailed past my place if he went south. He could have personally delivered my Chartplotter instead of getting it sent express mail from the USA, it might have been quicker!

YES! That's right .... my eBay item showed up on the 15th February .... post marked the 8th February. So much for sending it within two weeks of receiving payment. It only took 11 weeks to get to me!!!! But hubby doesn't want it now, anyone interested??? I'm going to sell it.

Not sorry to say Mr Beattie is shonky to his core, don't know how he can lie straight in bed at night! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS MAN!

Jo

mr_boats
23-02-2008, 08:37 AM
No he is not located in South Australia he is still in Bunderaberg he's new fake ebay name and address is in South Australia he thinks thats going to confuse ebay and the authoriteis. I have this guys phone number if anyon wants to contact him about there missing items just get in contact with me. Also anyone who has been ripped off get in contact with me as we have a list of people who have n'tt burnt and when all this comes together the more people we have the more bending ove in jail he'll have to do. Our little present to him.

gawby
25-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Well well well, what do you know.
After numerous emails to Garry BEATTIE which seemed to be going
no where he stated that i would receive the gps on monday the
25th of Feb. Guess what, it turned up.
Let me just revisit what happened,
I won the gps on the 26/11/07
After having some trouble at the bank trying to deposit money into his
account because of differences in the name (making me a bit sus) i
interneted him the money on the 4/12/07.
After 11 weeks it arrives but it was only sent to me from America on the 19/2/08 one week ago, 10 weeks later. In that 11 weeks i conversed with Bundaberg Police
i knocked on a door in Bundaberg which i still believe was the right address
but to no avail and numerous emails.
My opinion of this man has not changed since i first posted this thread and will not deal with him again, however since i have received the item i paid for i retract any adverse comments i have made about him.
I hope the rest of you that have not received your items have a favourable outcome but i feel the joy of winning what you bidded for is all but lost due to the
long wait.
Graeme;)

Coontakinta
25-02-2008, 12:37 PM
A bit off topic, but I thought I saw this guy on a current affair about a fortnight ago selling cheap LCD/Plasma TV's which funnily enough havent been delivered either!

Local_Guy
25-02-2008, 01:10 PM
i know the interview your talking about, but i think that was a different guy... that guy just had no intentions of attempting to get the plasma screens in. atleast Mr Beattie has sold stuff before and i guess now is making amends.

The old saying. better late than never... but still no excuse for it being 3 months late.

fairstar
05-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Still waiting for my GPS. I've tried to contact the police regarding my report but they never ring back. I don't know who's worse.

Fairstar

fairstar
05-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Got an email address for him.

Fairstar.

CamH
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I just went through exatcly the same thing. I bought a Tiagra fishing reel off EBAY and put the money into the blokes account. As soon as the money went in he was gone and I never saw the reel. EBAY were totally useless but I was able to track him down and to cut a long story short he was sentenced on Monday to 3 months suspended prison and told to pay me back the money.

I wrote a sort of diary on all the dealings with him (phone calls, letters I had sent to him warning of legal action etc) and gave it to the police. They were great and nailed him in quick time.

WHALEOIL
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
I just went through exatcly the same thing. I bought a Tiagra fishing reel off EBAY and put the money into the blokes account. As soon as the money went in he was gone and I never saw the reel. EBAY were totally useless but I was able to track him down and to cut a long story short he was sentenced on Monday to 3 months suspended prison and told to pay me back the money.

I wrote a sort of diary on all the dealings with him (phone calls, letters I had sent to him warning of legal action etc) and gave it to the police. They were great and nailed him in quick time.
Was this bloke in South Aus? One of my mates was done for $570 dollars on a Tiagra 2 weeks ago.

marco
09-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Was this bloke in South Aus? One of my mates was done for $570 dollars on a Tiagra 2 weeks ago.
one of the earlier posts in this thread say that he started a a new ebay name listing sth aus as location

Ausfish
09-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Received an E-mail from someone claiming to be Garry Beattie from Queensland GPS. No contact address or phone number just his E-mail address from his qldgps domain

He claims to have had legal advise from a solicitor friend and has asked that the threads be removed.

I have asked for his permission to post a copy of the E-mail.
I also informed him that he can post a reply here if he wishes.
I also asked for the exact reason his solicitor friend gave for the threads to be deemed "very defamatory and slanderous"

Have not had a reply yet, will let you know if I do.

Local_Guy
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Interesting that he has looked on this web site and seen this thread...

If that is the case that he can get this thread closed down then i think all the people should get together rather quickely and sort this matter out that they have towards him.

On the other hand, i can't see that anything here has been said that isn't true. the people who finally received thier items said they did.

but for all the other people who haven't received their items after paying for them many months back, surely they have their right to adivse others against this con man.

I think they have to take CamH's advice and put everything in writing and send it off to the police.

Remember, it's our criminal justice system that gives these guys more protection than the innocent.

gawby
10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
If you google this blokes name the tread comes up on the net so
you don't have to get on this site to see it.

Very interesting though Mr Ausfish.

Graeme

marco
10-03-2008, 07:58 PM
maybe you could ask him to point out just what parts are "very defamatory and slanderous "

and what parts are the truth , that would be interesting to say the least .

and to answer local guys comment , i have no doubt at all that this guy was informed from day one about this thread but why would he get involved when court proceedings were pending and risk pissing off more people while he is going through court . but now his court session is over why not try and shut up all the people he has ripped off so he can continue on his merry way

fishonista
11-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Funny isn't it how Mr Beattie is suddenly very concerned about his "UPSTANDING" position in society and is concerned that people think poorly of him?

He's now concerned that he has been defamed and slanderous comments have been made about him .... poor diddims!!!!!!!!!! Think he brought it upon himself! Do you blame people wanting to vent their frustration after being stuffed around by this man? This thread allows people to support each other through their dealings with Mr Beattie, as this can be the most frustrating thing you ever have to go through.

Maybe he may learn a very important lesson by all of this. That is, he may learn to treat customers with the respect they deserve and learn to communicate with the people who have trusted him to deliver goods they have purchased from him in a timely fashion.

eBay should also be held accountable as it seems that eventhough you can be deregistered by them, you can still open another account under a different name and you don't even have to complete the contact details correctly during the rgistration process.

Mr Beattie, according to his own admission on other forums, has been deregistered from eBay more than once and has even asked for information on how to get back into eBay selling as he had a business that was bringing in excess of $20k per month! If you're interested check out this link http://phorums.com.au/archive/index.php/t-74813.html I wonder how much profit was in that turnover? How many people did he rip off in the process?

Please excuse my negative attitude towards this man, eventhough he eventually came through and had my goods delivered, dealing with him has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I have nothing nice to say about him.

Jo

Local_Guy
11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
bad day marco???

ok. finally A Current Affair showed something of interest last night. they had a guy selling cheap accommodation vouchers, but in the end these vouchers were useless and people lost thier money. police stepped in and took everything from this guy.

they gave a web site http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/crimePrevention/eCrime/internet/report/ so people can go online and file the complaint without getting off their seat infront of the computer.

i hope this link helps everyone involved with Mr Beattie.

marco
11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
bad day marco???

ok. finally A Current Affair showed something of interest last night. they had a guy selling cheap accommodation vouchers, but in the end these vouchers were useless and people lost thier money. police stepped in and took everything from this guy.

they gave a web site http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/crimePrevention/eCrime/internet/report/ so people can go online and file the complaint without getting off their seat infront of the computer.

i hope this link helps everyone involved with Mr Beattie.

why would i be having a bad day ? maybe you should read the post again

Michael_B
12-03-2008, 03:00 PM
BUGGER
I have ordered and paid for a Autohelm Tiller pilot from him through OZtion. His record looked OK. 3 weeks now and I have not received any more e-mails other than the one that the item was "on it's way" >:(

Now I have found this thread and I am not confident that I will ever see the item or my money :'( . As a (ex-service) pensioner it is difficult to save the $820. I would be interested to have any direct contact information on this grub. I do have ex-service friends in the Bundeberg area that may be able to assist :-X .

Thanks

Michael

honda900
12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Anyone trading on ebay, running a website or trading on Ozition should not need to hide themselves behind some of the "interesting service providers" that qldgps has.

These service providers are not normal practice for internet service providers, such as the domain name registration. It would appear on the surface that someone has taken measures to ensure that their identity is more difficult to trace, not impossible but more convoluted.

Regards
HOnda

marco
14-03-2008, 11:14 PM
if anyone has info on beattie and qldgps and they wish to help stop him ripping others off , oztion is keen to hear from you .
you can forward the info to
http://www.oztion.com.au/public/contactus.aspx

gawby
15-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Ausfish,
For those of us who got our items we had to
wait 11 weeks to get them or longer.
Perhaps you do not hold your breath waiting
for a reply because 11 weeks is a long time.
Graeme

Michael_B
17-03-2008, 07:25 PM
BUGGER
I have ordered and paid for a Autohelm Tiller pilot from him through OZtion. His record looked OK. 3 weeks now and I have not received any more e-mails other than the one that the item was "on it's way" >:(

Now I have found this thread and I am not confident that I will ever see the item or my money :'( . As a (ex-service) pensioner it is difficult to save the $820. I would be interested to have any direct contact information on this grub. I do have ex-service friends in the Bundeberg area that may be able to assist :-X .

Thanks

Michael

Well push me over with a wet fly ::) . My Tiller Pilot arrived in the post today. I paid for it on the 22nd Feb and it arrived on the 17 March. The package was posted from the USA on the 10th March.
I am relieved that I have it, however I am not satisfied that the order was handled well. I was told on the 4th March that the item had been dispatched, which was not true.
Still, it is delivered - and I have learned a lesson :-X

Michael

smoked
17-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Thats sick! Cant believe ppl out there rip others off!! Karma will prevail!!

bimini

ReelCrazy2
18-03-2008, 03:21 AM
YES I AM STILL WAITING FOR GARRY BEATTY TO DELIVER THE GOODS

I ordered in December and despite excuses and promises no goods
He only answers his e mails when he feels like it

Here is one of his high and mighty replies

ReelCrazy2

Hi Mark.

Please don't continue to send your threats through the email system.

I have told you I had organised your GPS to be sent EVEN though PayPal has
assured me that you have been refunded. I can not understand why you have
not yet received it and will make further enquiries.

Sending someone around to my house, which I have lived in for years and
still reside here, will only complicate things more for you, and they WILL
be met with more force than they could possibly handle.

I have also been made aware, by a solicitor and sailing friend of mine,
about your very slanderous and defamatory comments you have been making
about both me and my business on a PUBLIC fishing forum.

My mate believes he could make an absolute killing if I wanted to take the
issue further, not just with your comments but with a number of other
comments that have been made by other members of that forum.

I am not interested in doing that at this stage, but if the slandering
continues I will not hesitate in giving him the go ahead.

You are not doing yourself any favours by continuing to post to that forum.

You are also being gee'd up by a number of other "user's" on that forum
which, if you investigate carefully, you will find they are coming from the
same person using a number of "user name" aliases.

As I have said to you before, I could step away from this entire deal as
PayPal insist you have been refunded. I know the money has been removed from
my PayPal account HOWEVER I am not an #######, or a con man (as is being
suggested on that same web forum) and I DO feel a sense of responsibility in
ensuring that you receive what you paid for.

Once that is done then I will take issue with PayPal.

In the mean time I suggest you take a big breath and calm down, and stop
allowing yourself to be worked over by other people.

You will get your item.

Garry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Mckiernan" <reelcrazy@bigpond.com (reelcrazy@bigpond.com)>
To: "Queensland GPS" <sales@qldgps.com (sales@qldgps.com)>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: GPS

> Hi garry
> This is getting beyond a joke.
> If you reordered on this date feb 13 it has had plenty of time to be
> shipped to you and on shipped to me.
> Please explain as i am fed up and will go back and organize someone to
> visit as you have had ample time
>
> Mark
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Queensland GPS" <sales@qldgps.com (sales@qldgps.com)>
> To: "Mark Mckiernan" <reelcrazy@bigpond.com (reelcrazy@bigpond.com)>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:52 PM
> Subject: Re: GPS

marco
18-03-2008, 06:20 PM
ok hands up who has been using different user names ?

i know i have several different personalities running around in my head but we all use the same user name .

garry , you are so full of it .

BR65
18-03-2008, 09:47 PM
what a dog, Ive been following this thread from the start and I will repeat, this bloke is a DOG

honda900
18-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Anyone see a pattern,

Advertise on an auction site, wait till the sale is made, order the goods from yankistan, no capital outlay as it has already been paid for plus profit, money in the bank any wich way it goes.

Not exactly how its supposed to work.

Regards
Honda.

ReelCrazy2
20-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Garry Beattie PAYPAL

Garry claims pay pal repaid me he is full of lies
Here is the result of my claim from pay pal
They found in my favour but there was no money in his account

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,
and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including
member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,
we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand
our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Transaction Date: 16 Dec 2007
Transaction Amount: -$1,102.00 AUD
Invoice ID: 75
Your Transaction ID: 2MG76599UN131720S
Seller’s Transaction ID: 36M48077P7604784P
Case Number: PP-403-445-321
Seller's Name: David John
Seller's Email: payment@qldgps.com (payment@qldgps.com)

NOTE THE SELLERS NAME IS DAVID JOHN
He keeps changing his name
OBVIOUS FRAUD IN MANY WAYS

ReelCrazy2

DR
20-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Anyone see a pattern,

Advertise on an auction site, wait till the sale is made, order the goods from yankistan, no capital outlay as it has already been paid for plus profit, money in the bank any wich way it goes.

Not exactly how its supposed to work.

Regards
Honda.
I am sure a lot of these sort of people operate this way, while not exactly the way to do it, if this is the way he operates, most goods arrive within 5-10 days. So what's his excuse for such long delays?? unless he intends being less than honest...:-X

In hindsight, if this is what he is doing he is a total fool. As he obviously sells a fair bit of stuff, look how many from this site alone. If he did the right thing & had shipped direct from the states to the customer, he has a profitable business with minimum outlay & few complaints...

Local_Guy
20-03-2008, 11:12 PM
you guys should go to a current affair.. this seams really big and no one has come back to report what the police are doing in this matter.

that will really shake the bees nest

marco
21-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Garry Beattie PAYPAL

Garry claims pay pal repaid me he is full of lies
Here is the result of my claim from pay pal
They found in my favour but there was no money in his account

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,
and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including
member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,
we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand
our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Transaction Details

Transaction Date: 16 Dec 2007
Transaction Amount: -$1,102.00 AUD
Invoice ID: 75
Your Transaction ID: 2MG76599UN131720S
Seller’s Transaction ID: 36M48077P7604784P
Case Number: PP-403-445-321
Seller's Name: David John
Seller's Email: payment@qldgps.com (payment@qldgps.com)

NOTE THE SELLERS NAME IS DAVID JOHN
He keeps changing his name
OBVIOUS FRAUD IN MANY WAYS

ReelCrazy2

that really high lights just how piss poor paypal is and it really pushes home the fact that you have absolutely no security with paypal and any of the online auctions that have been mentioned before . try and get a phone number to call to any of the above with a complaint , they all hide behind email and also as a point to verify your account with paypal you need to supply your bank account number , so who in there right mind would trust a organization like that condsidering how they have dealt with qldgps .

you should hear some talks on internet security and some of the experts opinions on just how secure these companies actually are . there is a old saying " trust no one "

fishonista
22-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Mr Beattie strikes again!!!!

It ticks me off that he is at it again, but it doesn't surprise me. He seems to be in this cycle of selling on online auctions for a couple of months, and then buggering off after a few months. He needs to be shut down ASAP.

RC2 ..... GO TO THE POLICE! Report his sorry arse ASAP!

Jo

Local_Guy
22-03-2008, 11:15 PM
i noticed that only 1 or 2 weeks ago he was selling heaps on Oztion.com, now he has just dissapeared.

levinge
26-03-2008, 06:14 PM
anybody catch the story on Channel 7 Today Tonight about Ebay and Paypal's dispute resolution or the lack of it in protecting buyers from dodgy traders. At the end they asked for anyone who has had a bad experience with this issue to contact them. Anyone who has had problems with "you know who" should now contact Today Tonight and maybe, just maybe they might get the right buttons pushed. Good Luck and Hope all get their gear or at least their dollars back.

As many have quoted, Karma will catch up with "you know who"

ReelCrazy2
27-03-2008, 04:30 AM
Finally a Refund

After no result with PayPal I lodged a dispute with my credit card provider and they have reversed the payment to PayPal. So I presume PayPal will now be chasing Garry Beattie or whover the David John name he used.
It shows that you have some protection with a credit card . I am glad I did not use a direct debit to his account.
It is sad one person can ruin it for the many legitmate sellers out there

ReelCrazy2

Noelm
27-03-2008, 07:44 AM
I stand by my original post yonks ago, "forget Ebay" it is only (mostly) for people to unload crap they do not want the buyer to actually see before the sale, OR scam merchants, and on the issue of getting Money, then ordering the goods, has anyone bought any major furntiure items lately?? the stuff on display in the big Department stores, is only display, after the sale, the goods are then ordered by the Retailer and delivered to your house (at a cost of course) so is that any different than this Ebay scammer???

levinge
27-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Same as buying a new boat Noelm. Most cases you order your boat and Yep it gets built. I have had over 150 purchases through ebay and to date have never had a problem with the system. I think it seems to run from the big ticket items, thats where it seems to get a bit dodgy with Scammers etc.

Reelcrazy had the right idea, use your credit card, at least you have some protections and then Paypal is the one left holding the ball, if they don't get their bit, then they will surely go after the Seller to recoup the dollars.

Like all on-line purchasing systems it really comes down to "Buyer Beware"

Another way to ensure you get the goods is to insist on "Cash on Delivery". If the seller is legitimate and they want the sale, they will in most cases comply with your request. After all if they are in a position to be selling high price items they should have the credence with the sources to allow for COD.

reidy
27-03-2008, 02:28 PM
its a hit and miss thing the bay starting with E. sometimes good sometimes bad
reidy

garman1
28-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I have watched this thread for ages now and feel rather annoyed with Mr Beatties antics, the thought came to me that it would take a couple of buses to get everyone who has had bad dealings with him. Wouldn't that be a sight to open your door to find two busloads of unhappy customers??? (simply wanting to say HI) .................................. Ah yes one can only dream eh!!!!!

garry

we work for 5 days to enjoy 2 days with the family and fishing enjoy!

FNQCairns
28-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Finally a Refund

After no result with PayPal I lodged a dispute with my credit card provider and they have reversed the payment to PayPal. So I presume PayPal will now be chasing Garry Beattie or whover the David John name he used.
It shows that you have some protection with a credit card . I am glad I did not use a direct debit to his account.
It is sad one person can ruin it for the many legitmate sellers out there

ReelCrazy2

Thanks for recanting that personal experience I had wondered why paypal makes it harder for me to pay through them with my CC, had my suspicions and only of late was I faltering to allow PP to deduct straight from my bank account, will change that now.

But I wonder if you still have your Paypal account? in any usable sense that is.

cheers fnq

suzygs1000
01-04-2008, 03:29 PM
What Flattieassassin and Miko1 said.

Recently got dudded on Ebay - bid for some gear, guy said all sold out, but I could use the funds to purchase other goods in store.

Nothing else I wanted, he then failed to respond to emails - contacted Paypal, and had my money back in 20 days.

Lesson - only pay using Paypal - if they don't accept Paypal, try elsewhere.

Dave.

gawby
05-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Well what do you know,
While i was away Gary BEATTIE makes a phone call to
my house and speaks to my wife.
He inquirers if i have recieved the GPS which i told him i
had by email previously.
He says that he is sorry about the delay as he had hurt his
foot and so on but i think it's not hard to conduct business
at a computor key board.
He advises my wife that if i want anything else to email him
and he will supply me the goods.?????????????????????
The following day i recieve a phone call from Detective WIGGANS
from Bundaberg Police to check on if i recieved the GPS.
I told him it took 11 weeks to recieve it and it was what i had
won on ebay.
I also told how canny it was to recieve a phone call from
BEATTIE the previous day and now talking to him.
Det. WIGGANS tells me he had been to see BEATTIE about
his dealings and suspected that things would be rolling from
now on.
I also now know that the door i knocked on at Bundaberg was
very close to being the right place. Seems it was a business
friend.
Just a note, be carefull if you do a telstra search on BEATTIE at Bundaberg
because there is another Gary BEATTIE who lives there and he is no way connected to Qld GPS no is he related. This is an elderly gentleman
and his wife who informed me that have received threatening
phone calls and letters about this bloke.
I would suggest if you still have any problems to contact Dect.
WIGGANS and see how you go.
Graeme;)

cormorant
10-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Same as buying a new boat Noelm. Most cases you order your boat and Yep it gets built. I have had over 150 purchases through ebay and to date have never had a problem with the system. I think it seems to run from the big ticket items, thats where it seems to get a bit dodgy with Scammers etc.

Reelcrazy had the right idea, use your credit card, at least you have some protections and then Paypal is the one left holding the ball, if they don't get their bit, then they will surely go after the Seller to recoup the dollars.

Like all on-line purchasing systems it really comes down to "Buyer Beware"

Another way to ensure you get the goods is to insist on "Cash on Delivery". If the seller is legitimate and they want the sale, they will in most cases comply with your request. After all if they are in a position to be selling high price items they should have the credence with the sources to allow for COD.

Glad the local police have caught up with him. Seems like they are a bit soft though??

Interesting EBAY is going to force people to use it's rip off pay pal system that really doesn't have any guarantees. Look like COD and pick up on EBAY from nopw on unless you for some reason trust the buyer or seller.

Because you are a valued seller we'd like to let you know about some changes to eBay.com.au that are going to make our marketplace an even safer place for you to buy and sell.
These changes will be introduced in two stages:

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/DM/DM238_seller_14.gifhttp://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/DM/DM238_seller_15.gifhttp://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/DM/DM238_seller_16.gifFrom 21 May you must offer PayPal on all your listings as well as currently permitted payment methods. From 17 June you will only be able to offer PayPal on your listings and pay on pick up (i.e.paid for when picking up the item).
Pay on pick up can only be offered in conjunction with PayPal. No other payment methods will be permitted.
A small number of exclusions (http://mail.ebay.com.au/op/c/4a0e9aa504II17f5e1c54II6ea58fII48edab6e2b) will apply to these changes. http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/DM/DM238_seller_18.gifhttp://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/DM/DM238_seller_19.gifGet the lowdown on how these changes will

mr_boats
28-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Hey everyone I have a personal meeting with Simon smith and the head of Ebays security department on the 7th. I've got a list of over 60 different ebay user names Garry Beattie has used in the last year(What an effort to he puts in to rip people off) anyone who wants to contribute any imformation feel free to contact me and I'll add it to my collection. It's going to be very interesting to sit down face to face with ebay and see if they actually are going to do something about this ballbag. I know for a fact Garry Beattie keeps a close eye on this thread so up your Garry its only a matter of time. =)

marco
28-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone I have a personal meeting with Simon smith and the head of Ebays security department on the 7th. I've got a list of over 60 different ebay user names Garry Beattie has used in the last year(What an effort to he puts in to rip people off) anyone who wants to contribute any imformation feel free to contact me and I'll add it to my collection. It's going to be very interesting to sit down face to face with ebay and see if they actually are going to do something about this ballbag. I know for a fact Garry Beattie keeps a close eye on this thread so up your Garry its only a matter of time. =)

my bet is ebay do nothing , they dont like this sort of publicity and would rather ignore it and brush under the carpet , oztion had the same attitude .

buyer beware with online auctions ........................................

arkland
23-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Well bugger me. I've been working away and when I got home my fishfinder was there to greet me.

It took six months, numerous very direct emails and phone calls. Two discussions with detectives in Bundaberg and a chat with the Fair Trading Commission, but it's here now.

There is no two ways about it, Gary Beattie is a scub bag. If he still owes you - turn up the heat and don't roll over.

cormorant
28-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Any more news on this bloke lately??? Charges perhaps???

mr_boats
19-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Here's the latest news on this guy. Finally so many people complained about him to ebay they limited his trade and good old Garry Beatie could only list a certain amount of items and his feedback was really really bad.
So in typical Garry form he's opened up a new ebay acount name and starting from scratch. his new ebay id is: http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/s.gifdmw_online2008 (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/dmw_online2008/) make sure everyone steers clear of this one.

mr_boats
19-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey I've got an idea. Everyone should give this guy a taste of his own medicine and create fake ebay names and bid on all his items. That would be a massive pain to him. Also he'd get charge commission and when he disputes it with ebay just say you sent a money order as payment so he still gets charged.
I've already alerted Alister Macgibbon head of security about his new name. GOOD LUCK GARRY

stingau
19-06-2008, 03:40 PM
That was quick DMW ONLINE2008 is no longer a registered user either he read this and cancelled or Ebay are finally getting off their collective arsesand doing something about it promptly for a change

Outsider1
19-06-2008, 03:43 PM
That was quick DMW ONLINE2008 is no longer a registered user either he read this and cancelled or Ebay are finally getting off their collective arsesand doing something about it promptly for a change

That has only just happened, as he was still active when mr_boats first posted the link to his profile earlier.

Cheers

Dave

TheRealAndy
19-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I did read a few months back the police had prosecuted a bunch of ebay fraudsters. Was wondering if mr beattie was on the list.

marco
19-06-2008, 05:21 PM
kind of amusing the advertising for this thread hey , i dont think it is the time to say how safe trading online is ;D;D;D;D;D;D

Skusto
19-06-2008, 06:20 PM
ud think ebay would just ban his ip address

stingau
20-06-2008, 05:21 PM
ud think ebay would just ban his ip address

A lowlife like him probably wouldnt pay his internet bills so he will change ISP's and address as quickly as I change me undies when i wear any that is

marco
20-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Here's the latest news on this guy. Finally so many people complained about him to ebay they limited his trade and good old Garry Beatie could only list a certain amount of items and his feedback was really really bad.
So in typical Garry form he's opened up a new ebay acount name and starting from scratch. his new ebay id is: http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/s.gifdmw_online2008 (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/dmw_online2008/) make sure everyone steers clear of this one.

mr boats ,
just how do you know it is beattie that is starting up new accounts ?

honda900
21-06-2008, 08:41 AM
If you read some of the earlier posts, he is hiding behing a domain name service in america "domains by proxy" that promotes "your identity is no ones business but ours".

So it is pretty easy to identify when you send him a question from ebay you get a response from his qldgps email account hosted overseas.

Regards
HOnda

mr_boats
21-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi Marco

I know its Garry Beattie opening new accounts because I trade on ebay myself under the name of mr_boats I constatly watch all other traders and pricing to try to be the best price on there. I can tell when Garry creates a new account and listings as he deosn't have very much imagination at all. I also work very closely with ebays security team to watch ot for this loser. The ebay security team is mostly on a vacation from reality but every now and agan they wake up to themsleves and close him down.
A nte from people that have ben burnt by this guy contact detective Wiggans at bundaber police as he knows Garry Beattie and has several reports open against him including a fruad situation where Garry opened accounts using my information. In this case we are just waitng for 1 more stuff up from Garry Beattie and we'll have enough to get him some type of conviction. It's just a matter of time so if people out there have been burnt concat wiggans it may be the piece of info he needs to close this knob head down for good.
Also if anyone needs Garry Beatties phone number NOT THE ONE HE DOESN"T ANSWER but the phone number he does answer just conact me as I can get it.
I think the best defence so far against this Crim has been this forum alot of people have read it and spreading the word so thanks to Ausfish.

mr_boats
27-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Ok to keep you posted this is his (Garry Beatties) new ebay account name:
factorydirect07 (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/factorydirect07/)
I think from now on I'll keep posting every new name he comes up with to warn people so they don't get ripped off. As weel as this I'll also to show how slack Ebay's sercurity system is to allow the same unwanted person to be able to keep logging on under different names whenever he pleases.
Also to a test of ebay's security when I post the new account names on this forum I'll be notfiying ebay security team and lets see how long they let him run for after being notified.

Local_Guy
27-06-2008, 10:09 AM
didn't take long

Mindi
27-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey I've got an idea. Everyone should give this guy a taste of his own medicine and create fake ebay names and bid on all his items. That would be a massive pain to him. Also he'd get charge commission and when he disputes it with ebay just say you sent a money order as payment so he still gets charged.
I've already alerted Alister Macgibbon head of security about his new name. GOOD LUCK GARRY

Mr Boats

why not publish his list of names for us..? I guess he will not reuse old ones so maybe no point.

I have just read thru this whole thread from the start, it makes for an amazing read. is this guy totally incompetent and getting into trouble by not managing his business..? or is he dead crooked and needs to be stopped. I find the claims that Ebay and Paypal are somewhat unhelpful the most worrying..?

I think the police just have to assign some sort of priority to things based on size and impact on the community, so the squeaky wheel will get the oil.

Is the business model at work here to take orders and only fill them when someone complains... and quietly pocket the payment for the percentage that just never complain (hard to imagine but perhaps it could be as much as 20%..?) ...I guess that would work..?

I was an Ebay customer but this story may well be the last straw for me..sure it is inherent in the online auction thing to face some risk, but if Ebay cant validate the identity of frequent sellers any better than this suggests then it is very hard to believe that they care....he seems to just re-register with impunity.

mr_boats
27-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah its amazing such a large corparation like ebay is to lazy or just doesn't know how to handle situations like this. No wonder crims target ebay.
Anyway to stick to my word ebay closed him down within 1/2 hr of me notifying them. So hats off to them this time.
BUT WAIT..... It's not over yet hes opened anther account. YES believe it or not.
New Account name is:
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/s.gifambermarine-2008 (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/ambermarine-2008/)
So beware. I'll contact ebay now and see how long this one takes.

To answer Mindi. I can't list all his other names as there are just to many of them. Once ebay closes that account name its not allowed to reopen again.
Ok I'll list some his used. Hang onto your hats:
morgan7528
9175alans
asamaking
magum40
funnycar999
joe2007p
sailorman555
idale
ianapril2005
water5675
hum515
pchristian7761
seanf689
coleowner
farmer3676
falzon1171
densen78
wholesale_marine
funnycar999
fasteddy
sialforfun444
3457jamesb
firefly2a
qldgps

My fingers are getting sore and this is just about 1/4 of what I have recorded keeping in mind good old Alister Macgibbon head of ebay security I met face to face and gave this list to him personally. He looked and seemed so concerned and ask me to contact him the next day to discuss the matter. Guess what??? The next day he brushed me off wouldn't answer my calls then passed me onto his PA then she passed me back onto my original ebay account manager.
I'll keep everyone posted

Local_Guy
27-06-2008, 06:01 PM
mr boats... obviously it's now in their too hard basket ... and "they'll do it next week".

it's preety bad that ebay advertises that they are secure and safe, when they are not. i'm sure they get a lot of complaints about a lot of different things, but they should get their finger out of their bum and send this guy a nice letter in the mail asking him to stop or he will be prosecuted...

or is that too hard.

flybloke
27-06-2008, 06:16 PM
That latest guise has 0 rating yet most of his lies have several bids?
Sad that some folk have no nouse :'(
I mean come on?? Id never spend a couple of hunnys on a nobody in the hope that they will come through.
Sheesh

Mindi
27-06-2008, 10:03 PM
ambermarine08 is still working at 10pm Friday

bbayjohn
27-06-2008, 11:09 PM
10.59 shut down

mr-boats How can we know who to trust anymore. At first I thought maybe you were qld gps as he has not responded to this post but does read it. P.s I have spoken to you in the past with questions about items for sale. What a small world

To those that have recieved there stuff, Was it sent by land or sea?

Local_Guy
28-06-2008, 09:40 AM
bbayjohn usually he sells a lot of garmin products, thats probably the biggest give away.

gawby
29-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I never thought that my original post
about being ripped off on ebay would
cause such a stir on here.
How supprising was it to see so many
others in the same boat from the same
seller.
You here of fraud happening but you never
think that it will happen to you but it did.
I hope that everyone else has received their
goods from this bloke and i suppose with
the amount of views to this thread others might
just be a little bit careful about who they buy
from on line.
Graeme

levinge
30-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Too True Gawby,
Its amazing how one person can make a difference. By you exposing this bloke, you probably saved quite a few fellow fisho's from months of heartache wondering if their gear would ever arrive. Not to mention putting the wind up this guy and the possiblities of him getting into serious trouble with the cops. If anyone else has been stung by this lowlife, NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT. Get onto the Bundie Police and get the ball rolling to give this bloke a change of address, preferably to Her Majesty Prison. Stick it right back at him...

gavin c
03-07-2008, 11:41 PM
hi,
i just found this post, too late though, i got a navman 550 off ebay and havent got it yet, from a mr barry geaie, though obviously that name is no longer there, so ebay cant do a thing. i do have some hope though, i guess if some people go their gps, mayb i will. he seems to by them from discount marine world http://www.discountmarineworld.com/
i emailed them and they said they know him and will look into it.
so i wait and hope,, and if garry is reading this... please get your act together!!! and while your at it, send me my gps! i saved up for this no i have nothing

Mindi
04-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Good luck Gavin I hope you get it OK

Mindi
04-07-2008, 07:02 AM
hi,
i just found this post, too late though, i got a navman 550 off ebay and havent got it yet, from a mr barry geaie, though obviously that name is no longer there, so ebay cant do a thing. i do have some hope though, i guess if some people go their gps, mayb i will. he seems to by them from discount marine world http://www.discountmarineworld.com/
i emailed them and they said they know him and will look into it.
so i wait and hope,, and if garry is reading this... please get your act together!!! and while your at it, send me my gps! i saved up for this no i have nothing

Cant see why he would buy off them as they are not very competitive at all....maybe he doesnt have to pay them..?

Holden-08
04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
I hope They BL**DY pin him down before many more peoples get ripped off.

mr_boats
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone

This message is aimed for Gavin C.
You said you contacted "discount marine world" and they said they haven't heard of him. THATS CRAP.... This is where it all started and his original business. This is actually probably the best way to trap Garry Beattie as I'm guessing when he first started he would have used all his correct details.
I've been contacted by so many people in the last week or so now and {LEASE if anyone one else has been burnt feel free to contact me as well. The best way to get my details is email me through ebay (my user name is mr_boats) and I'll give you my shop number.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give email address in this forum.
Once you contact me I'll give you a few different options including a contact phone number that he'll answer =) Also what action to take to further dump this guy in the hole.
Don't think it's a waste of time we'll have a quick chat I'll point you in the right direction and it won't take more than 5 minutes.
I'm happy to help.

Mindi
04-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Mr Boats...Gavin said they DO know him...check his post again

marco
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone

This message is aimed for Gavin C.
You said you contacted "discount marine world" and they said they haven't heard of him. THATS CRAP.... This is where it all started and his original business. This is actually probably the best way to trap Garry Beattie as I'm guessing when he first started he would have used all his correct details.
I've been contacted by so many people in the last week or so now and {LEASE if anyone one else has been burnt feel free to contact me as well. The best way to get my details is email me through ebay (my user name is mr_boats) and I'll give you my shop number.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give email address in this forum.
Once you contact me I'll give you a few different options including a contact phone number that he'll answer =) Also what action to take to further dump this guy in the hole.
Don't think it's a waste of time we'll have a quick chat I'll point you in the right direction and it won't take more than 5 minutes.
I'm happy to help.

mr boats ,
are you saying that discount marine world is actually beatties first bussiness ? or where he purchased from ?

mr_boats
04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Oops Sorry Mindi I read that thread quickly. Discount marine world does know him because it's him.
To answer Marco. Yes (Discount marine world) this is him, NOT where he buy's from (I know where he gets his products from) it's the same guy/conartist Garry Beattie. I can prove this by 2 ways. 1st way I'll tell on here which is, I bought a product off him myself when he was trading under the ebay user name wholesale_marine. The enevople he sent had a return sticker on it of discount marine world with that web address. It doesn't makes sense he would advetise on the back of a parcel he sent the place where he buys from. And yes if your reading this Garry Beattie I still have the envelope.
The 2nd way I can prove it's him I'm keeping to myself for when I have to visit him in court as I'm on the list to charge him with fraud (He used my personal details to open fake accounts) I'll bust that one out at court for a surprise.
Oh the other way (3rd) you can tell it's him is his famous catch phrase of: WE DON'T SELL CHEAP PRODUCTS. WE SELL QUALITY PRODUCTS, CHEAP Check the website: discountmarineworld.com and qldgps,com (qldgps was one of his most successful ebay names) this phrase matches up also in both sites. He also writes about he has 2 different business locations both locations are the same on each website.
Remeber people who have been caught.. go give dective wiggans a call at bundy police station.

dogsbody
04-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I've been watching this thread from the get go. Just want to say congrats to those who's on this guys shonky ass. Keep up the good work.

Fight the good fight.

Dave.

Maccas
05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Gavin,

Sorry to hear about you getting duped but it could have been me.

I received an email reply when I asked a question about a Navman 550 on ebay advertised by bgfishing08( ebay name) but the email was from a Barry Geaie so they are most likely the same person. So add that to your list Mr Boats if you don't already have it.His feedback was OK so I guess I am lucky I decided to post a thread for advice on Ausfish otherwise I could have been another of his victims. Thanks for the advice guys.

After reading this thread it doesn't make me very keen on buying things off ebay cos this mongrel has been getting away with this for far too long and ebay needs to get rid of shonky operators by making sure that they get prosecuted by the police.

Silverslug
06-07-2008, 08:40 PM
:o Hey Gavin, just looking on The Trading Post on the net and have a guess who is advertising on there, you guessed it your mate from Ebay trading out of Elliot Heads Bundy. Have a look. Cheers Mark.

PS. Have a look at www.chsmith.com.au (http://www.chsmith.com.au). if you get your money back.

cormorant
10-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd be talking to this journalist as Ebay has some issues to sort. This guy was $350K. I think we know another?? Made a story on ACA or Today tonight ( see website for copy of show last night) so they might be looking for another story as with ebay trying to introduce new rules a few are out to get them in regards to Paypal. This guy was caught as a full body of evidence was delivered to police so they had no choice but to charge him. Gee this story sounds familiar

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/ebay-scam-accused-bailed/2008/07/09/1215282906733.html

eBay scam: accused bailed

<LI class="save cliparticle" id=1215282906733 style="DISPLAY: none">Daniel Emerson
July 9, 2008 - 3:37PM

An alleged eBay scammer has been granted bail, despite police telling a court he was suspected of stealing $150,000 from 90 other victims.
Chun Fai Tsang, 26, appeared in Hornsby Local Court today charged with two counts of obtaining a benefit by deception.
He was arrested for allegedly advertising two laptop computers for sale on eBay but failing to give them to the winning bidders, who transferred $1500 and $1300 into his account.
Tsang's arrest follows a campaign by 90 of his alleged victims who set up a website and compiled information on him before handing it over to police.
State Prosecutor Mick Crowther opposed bail, telling the court Tsang was only in Australia on a bridging visa and had no fixed address.
"There is a real flight risk if he is allowed bail," Mr Crowther told Magistrate Les Brennan.
"According to the facts he is residing in a motor vehicle and he has no other way of making an income other than further offending." Mr Crowther said.
Police were planning to charge Tsang with around 90 other offences after talking to the other alleged victims.
But defence lawyer Bill Dickins said Tsang was only facing two charges today, and would reside with an uncle if bailed.
"There's a lot of misleading rubbish being put before the court by the prosecution in this matter," Mr Dickens said.
The magistrate released Tsang on $5000 bail and ordered him to surrender his passport.

mr_boats
10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I saw that story on TV last night. Exactly the same as what this guy has been doing.
He is now trading on the trading post under these user names:
dwm_online (he's last ebay user name)
lighthouse69 (Very old ebay user name)
gjbeattie (His own name DUMB)
aj-2291 (not to sure about this one but I'll keep an eye on it)

I've notified Trading post so we'll see if they ignore it like ebay or are serious about stopping scammers. I'll keep you posted on what trading post does.

Oh by the way I've been contacted by 3 people just this week who have been scammed by him.

Lancair
10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Sorry to hear of these rip-off stories. Touchwood, Ive not been seriously scammed on Ebay yet ! I did loose about $6 on a kids toy but . . .

I bought a Gps/Sounder combo via Ebay from an aussie seller. When it arrived it was the wrong model, a sounder only. When I contacted the seller, he was very helpfull. I added a VHF radio to my order over the phone while we were sorting out the return etc. He gave me an awesome discount for the troubles caused without me even asking for it. Ive since bought a few other things from them.
So there are good dealers out there.

Andrew

Patch181
13-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Well Garry Beattie (or Barry Geaie) strikes again!

I purchased and paid for a NAVMAN 550 GPS Chartplotter on the 2nd of June. I'm a longtime Ebay user and never had any problems in the past and now I've encounted this scum. The NAVMAN hasn't arrived and Barry Geaie responded to one email and blamed Australia Post, now he has been removed from Ebay and never answers the mobile number supplied by Ebay.

After doing some of my own detective work to get in contact with this guy I've come across this thread. And now I feel like a real idiot.

The ebay username he sold through this time is 'BGFishing08' and it has his name as Barry Geaie of Port Elliot SA. As it turns out he is Garry Beattie of Elliot heads, Bundaberg, QLld.

If anyone has a contact number or address for this guy could they forward onto me please, I'd like to pay him a visit.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best way to get in contact is via my ebay username Patch181

marco
13-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Well Garry Beattie (or Barry Geaie) strikes again!

I purchased and paid for a NAVMAN 550 GPS Chartplotter on the 2nd of June. I'm a longtime Ebay user and never had any problems in the past and now I've encounted this scum. The NAVMAN hasn't arrived and Barry Geaie responded to one email and blamed Australia Post, now he has been removed from Ebay and never answers the mobile number supplied by Ebay.

After doing some of my own detective work to get in contact with this guy I've come across this thread. And now I feel like a real idiot.

The ebay username he sold through this time is 'BGFishing08' and it has his name as Barry Geaie of Port Elliot SA. As it turns out he is Garry Beattie of Elliot heads, Bundaberg, QLld.

If anyone has a contact number or address for this guy could they forward onto me please, I'd like to pay him a visit.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best way to get in contact is via my ebay username Patch181
contact mr boats as per the above post , he seems to have the details and get in touch with the bundaberg coppers .

oh and hi garry , im sure your reading this .

wilcara
13-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I think I have seen this guy trading through (I wish I could be sure) OzAuction or trading Post... pretty sure it is OzAuction and under queenslandgps as the name. Very similar.....

I was once ripped off, by somebody different, and eBay refunded some costs but if I had of done it through paypal I would have got much more back.

Funny thing was I must have been a bit sus, coz I asked this guy for his address and phone no which he gave without question, so I accepted it. Of course it ended up being bogus so D'Oh! If ya get the info, check it out.

Patch181
13-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks Marco,
Just wrote to Mr Boats.

I have Garry Beatties home address and home phone number. If anyone wants it then please fel free to contact me via my ebay username 'Patch181'.

disorderly
13-07-2008, 08:09 PM
oh and hi garry , im sure your reading this .

yes mate..no doubt he is and having a good old laugh about the totally ineffectual trading laws we have in this country..
How a man with a known whereabouts can continue to trade in this fashion and not be at least before the courts,suspended from trading or in jail or beaten up just blows me away.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif

I make most of my money from website sales and it's a daily occurrence ...I just don't understand how such a crook is allowed to continue.

Scott

Local_Guy
13-07-2008, 09:38 PM
surely something has to be done now with more people turning up who have been caught by this fraudster.

go to ACA because it certainly seams that the law doesn't want to do anything about it.

mrboats, you have all the information. can you update us as to what is happening regarding this slime.

flybloke
13-07-2008, 10:21 PM
It would help if you all emailed Judy Spence (QLD Minister of police) and tell her what is going on and direct her to this thread. You will be dealing with her chief of staff but still address it to the minister.
Go here and bug her, police@ministerial.qld.gov.au
Remember, The squeaky wheel gets the oil;)
If you get no fun from her, Then hit up ACA as they love to report that reports to gov went un actioned.:D

mr_boats
14-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Ok people here is the lastest update on what I know:
Just from this forum in the last week I've had 3 contacts of people being ripped off by this guy. Imagine how many have been done by him that don't read this website forum???
I've contacted trading post about this guy. They did the standard ebay email response "We'll look into it" Nothing was done so I gave them anther chance and called security direct I couldn't get through but left a message. They called me back within 5 minutes (After they reading this thread) They will be following it up seriuosly this week. They told me what they are going to do but I want them to do it before I write it up here so Mr Beattie doesn't get a heads up.

Garry beattie has also reopened a NEW EBAY account this is the user name:
123hollst (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/123hollst/)http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif
Be aware.
I've let ebay know(Alister Macagibbon head of Ebay australia security) and now asked them to do more than just close his accounts down. They need to chase him legally. We'll see if they get off there ar#@e and do something more this time.
I've emailed a current affiar a few times about this and they have ingored me so if we all email them then they have to listen and catch this guy while he is still operating. Here is the link:
A current affair:
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback/default.aspx?formid=228
Today tonight:
http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/contactform/30609
People please click on this link and email that they should look into this story and include a link(http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=860527) to this forum when emailing. I'm going to email everyday now till they take notice the more emails from different people the better. Please take the time to do it, it only takes a few seconds. PEOPLE POWER....
I'll keep you all updated.

Local_Guy
14-07-2008, 11:50 AM
with the last 3 people coming forward, have the bundaberg police shown any interest to take further action...

wilcara
14-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Careful careful!

Even "tongue in cheek" comments about "retribution" could seriously dampen the enthusiasm for empathy from any officials such as police who might be required to review this forum; or even consider some of it as evidence.....

Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Local_Guy
14-07-2008, 03:52 PM
wilcara everyone will agree with you, but, if the law was here to protect the innocent, the law would have caught up with this guy by now... what do we hear.... they are waiting on more complaints to come forward.

how many do they need. 1 or 2 they would say sort it out yourself, but it must be atleast in the teens by now... MRboats, whats the official number... where is the law that protects innocent buyers and why isn't ebay doing more to put chargest against this guy when they have a list of 20+ user names of this person ripping people off.

maybe someone can hold ebay responsible... it's been done recently.

wilcara
14-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Mate, I agree with you 110%, you are absolutely right and I understand your frustration and anger.

I am just trying to add, from personal experience, that if the thread is viewed by others "in power" your credibility can be hampered by "threatening behaviours," which is illegal in itself, so to speak.... if you know what I mean.

Better off not in print - sure, expose the b@stard... be careful about shooting yourself in the foot by making written threats, in a public forum... gives him some ammo to "counter claim" anyway.

I think you get my drift?

Good luck in nailing this cretin.

marco
14-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Mate, I agree with you 110%, you are absolutely right and I understand your frustration and anger.

I am just trying to add, from personal experience, that if the thread is viewed by others "in power" your credibility can be hampered by "threatening behaviours," which is illegal in itself, so to speak.... if you know what I mean.

Better off not in print - sure, expose the b@stard... be careful about shooting yourself in the foot by making written threats, in a public forum... gives him some ammo to "counter claim" anyway.

I think you get my drift?

Good luck in nailing this cretin.

i can assure you that people in power will not give a rats arse about what is written in a public forum by people hiding behind user names . to sum up the legal system in one word " joke " .

one case of fraud is breaking the law , but yet the bundy coppers want more and more poeple to come forward , why ?

i dont know but i do know that if you are doing road works and will pay the coppers 100 bucks per hour to be there they will jump at it . i have said it before about this lazy good for nothing culture in the police force , they put more effort into getting out of doing work than what it would take to do thier job that they are paid for with our taxes .

and in case im wrong , hi to judy spence ;D;D;D;D

cormorant
15-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Maybe mate....but for f$*# sake, how long does it take these law enforcement agencies to look at these things?
And why is the guilty one always innocent and the poor suckers like you and me the guilty ones!
I'm happy if the mods want to remove my comments!

Honestly you never want to allow yourself to go the level of scum who are ripoffs.

Hopefully the post shows the utter frustration and dispair that people are driven to by a system that is slow and seemingly inneffectual. How hard is it ebay to ID this person and via solicitor force him to agree never to open another account? Not hard we have had barred people by agreement and court order from premises. Has he actually been hit by letters of demand?

When a copper turns up on someones doorstep ( has this happened?) and the activities continue and no charges are laid something is up.

Between paypal and credit cards it isn't too hard to identify soemone.

Hope some action is taken promptly.

dogsbody
15-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Have emailed aca. Urge others to do so as well.

Link is in mr boats post.

Dave.

Quaker
17-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Good luck catching scum like this.
About 3 years ago, I bought an ipod for $450 from a new member on a computer forum I am a member of. The forum is S.A based, but the new member was from Tassie (we thought). He provided me with a photo of his drivers license, his email address, his mobile number & his bank a/c details. I went into the Nab & put the money in his a/c, rang him on the mobile & he said he'd post it asap. After a few days I got a p.m from another member asking if I'd received the ipod, as he'd bought a laptop for $600 from the same dude.
2 weeks on, we both had no goods & went to the cops with all the info, the cops took our statements, then told us we'd 'done our dough' as cyber crime almost never ends in prosecution. When we asked why, as they had all the info on him, they said they just can't justify the expense of persuing offenders interstate for cyber fraud.
Oh, & I went to the Nab to try & get my money back, no luck there, so I saked for his address which of course they wouldn't give, but they did tell me his bank a/c was opened & run from an address in Qld.

flybloke
17-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Who's Emailed the police Minister yet?
Or is this all just bullshit?

Patch181
17-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Guys,
I've been on the phone to Garry Beattie for the last two days chasing my NAVMAN chartplotter that never turned up! A few positives have come from it. He has acknowledged association with the infamous 'Barry Gaeie' (who I purchased my chartplotter from)and refered to him as his distributor in SA, but more likely because it is an alias he uses. I've informed Garry that I work in law inforcement and as far as I can find there is no 'Barry Gaeie' in Australia, not a suprise really.

I encourage others to make a formal statement as I have and then contact Garry to organise a refund, he has taken my information and has promised an internet transfer of the monies owed, although I'm not holding my breath. Even so, in doing this Garry has provided me written proof from his personal email of the money owed on a product that never turned up, and of his association with 'Barry Gaeie', this will be very helpful if and when Garry comes before the courts.

On the other hand if Garry follows through with the promised refund then I plan to withdraw my formal statement and I won't proceed with legal action.

Good luck everyone, and keep pursueing what is yours. And its great to have so many people supporting but can people please refrain from threatening posts as it doesn't help our cause.

Cheers,

Patch

marco
18-07-2008, 02:54 AM
deleted to help my mate patch out lol;D;D;D;D

DR
18-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Has anyone considered passing all this info, ie: real name & details + all known trading names, aliases & bank account details on to the tax dept? I can't imagine that he keeps 'books' on all his dodgey dealings & surely they can join all the dots on his crooked little schemes..

mr_boats
18-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Ok people he is up and trading again with this user name: paydamoney (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/paydamoney)
I already notified ebay months ago about this name and they ignored it.
Here is the email I've sent to alister macagibbon this morning pleading with him to do something about this:
"
Dear Alister and Matthew

Garry Beattie is reselling again on ebay. I've already notified ebay months ago about this user name and nothing was done about it. Once again this is the ebay user name he is trading under now: paydamoney (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/paydamoney)
Check his feedback all feedback given to this account has been his old user names.
Alsiter what are you going to do about this person??? Just keep closing his accounts and not pursueing him to stop him from doing this? You must realise this is going to bite you later if you don't do something about it. Once again read this forum link:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121660&highlight=being+ripped+off (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121660&highlight=being+ripped+off)
Its up to you and you only Alister to stop this guy. It's your job as head of ebay australia security. People are emailing today tonight, current affair and the head of police QLD everyday. You must realise at least on of these TV programs will be knocking on your door one day asking why you haven't done anything.
PLEASE reply to my email about what your going to do.

Regards
Garry"

A background of Alister Macgibbon head of ebay australian security. I'm lead to believe he used to work for Australian federal police so he must have some great contacts and know the legal system. Now he works for ebay I'm guessing he's took this job as a holiday as he seems to be doing nothing.
TRADING POST: looks as if they have ingored my warnings only well they'll get a bad name like ebay.

Patch181
18-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Marco,
I let my emotions over flow when I first discovered I'd been ripped off. Its been removed now.

Cheers

fRuItCaKe
18-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I emailed Today Tonight to further add to the fun.

This is a very entertaining thread. Maintain the rage!!

Quaker
18-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Ok people he is up and trading again with this user name: paydamoney (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/paydamoney)
I already notified ebay months ago about this name and they ignored it.
Here is the email I've sent to alister macagibbon this morning pleading with him to do something about this:
"
Dear Alister and Matthew

Garry Beattie is reselling again on ebay. I've already notified ebay months ago about this user name and nothing was done about it. Once again this is the ebay user name he is trading under now: paydamoney (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/paydamoney)
Check his feedback all feedback given to this account has been his old user names.
Alsiter what are you going to do about this person??? Just keep closing his accounts and not pursueing him to stop him from doing this? You must realise this is going to bite you later if you don't do something about it. Once again read this forum link:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121660&highlight=being+ripped+off (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121660&highlight=being+ripped+off)
Its up to you and you only Alister to stop this guy. It's your job as head of ebay australia security. People are emailing today tonight, current affair and the head of police QLD everyday. You must realise at least on of these TV programs will be knocking on your door one day asking why you haven't done anything.
PLEASE reply to my email about what your going to do.

Regards
Garry"

A background of Alister Macgibbon head of ebay australian security. I'm lead to believe he used to work for Australian federal police so he must have some great contacts and know the legal system. Now he works for ebay I'm guessing he's took this job as a holiday as he seems to be doing nothing.
TRADING POST: looks as if they have ingored my warnings only well they'll get a bad name like ebay.

lol, check out his ebay profile, all of his ticks of approval come from his other usernames.::)

DR
18-07-2008, 05:32 PM
lol, check out his ebay profile, all of his ticks of approval come from his other usernames.::)
& if you check all the users who left feedback, they are all deregistered:-/

Quaker
18-07-2008, 06:32 PM
& if you check all the users who left feedback, they are all deregistered:-/

Yeah, that's coz they're all him.;D

darkside
18-07-2008, 08:09 PM
i hope someone doesn't get on Ebay and pay $2000 or more for a

Garmin FF140 Fishfinder with transom transducer

and use a false name as this costs , both money and inconvenience, and may also save some other unsuspecting punter out there.

nigelr
20-07-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Marine/Power/Boat-Accessories/AdNumber=TP000240104?BackToResult=true

Mr. G. J. Beattie of Elliott Heads Qld is trading on it appears..........

Outsider1
20-07-2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Marine/Power/Boat-Accessories/AdNumber=TP000240104?BackToResult=true

Maybe someone might want to go and check out his camper trailer;)::);

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Caravans-Mobile-Homes-Trailers/Caravans-Camper-Trailers/AdNumber=TP000205610?BackToResult=true

Cheers

Dave

marco
20-07-2008, 03:46 PM

interesting to see the feedback trail , all of garrys mates are there lol

mr_boats
21-07-2008, 08:30 AM
EBAY Strikes again...
They have ininstated the account name:123hollst (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/123hollst/)http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif
Ebay is now letting Garry Beattie trade under this name. It's seems as if the commision he was giving them means more to ebay than there security of there customer's Nice job Alister McGibbon

Local_Guy
21-07-2008, 09:27 AM
you should get onto that Greg Cary show, 2UE i think is the radio station he broadcasts from. i've been trying to find his e-mail address to send him the link.

Should get his point of view on it. the phone number if anyone wants to phone in is 13 13 32

marco
21-07-2008, 12:00 PM
you should get onto that Greg Cary show, 2UE i think is the radio station he broadcasts from. i've been trying to find his e-mail address to send him the link.

Should get his point of view on it. the phone number if anyone wants to phone in is 13 13 32

try 4bc , greg is brisbane based .

programs@4bc.com.au

Local_Guy
21-07-2008, 12:20 PM
yeah, thats the one i sent the e-mail to. i think greg's e-mail is greg@4bc.com.au

Patch181
21-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Good news,
I succesfully recieved a refund for the NAVMAN chartplotter that never turned up.
A simple phone call to Garry Beattie a week ago has resulted in getting my money back.

Garry was very helpful and admitted he was having problems due to his Ebay acounts being frozen due to certain members (who are in competition with his business) constantly having him shut down.

Encourage others to politely contact Garry with their problem and be careful about getting caught up in the 'hype' of head hunting. Simple communication can solve your problem.

Please feel free to contact me if you're 'out of pocket' and want to chase down a refund.

Cheers:) :) :)

Patch

mr_boats
21-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Looks like patch got conned twice by this guy.
Just remeber his accounts are being frozen because he is scamming people. As for him crying poor because his competors are shutting him down(I'm guessing his aiming that at me) Keep in mind there are heaps of other people trading on ebay and I've never mentioned 1 other person or company. This is because Garry Beattie is the only con-artisit on there. Also keep in mind patch if it wasn't for this thread and me you'd be out your money. Don't go easy on him because he sweet talked you.

Patch181
21-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Looks like patch got conned twice by this guy.
Just remeber his accounts are being frozen because he is scamming people. As for him crying poor because his competors are shutting him down(I'm guessing his aiming that at me) Keep in mind there are heaps of other people trading on ebay and I've never mentioned 1 other person or company. This is because Garry Beattie is the only con-artisit on there. Also keep in mind patch if it wasn't for this thread and me you'd be out your money. Don't go easy on him because he sweet talked you.

Mr. Boats be careful, I wasn't conned twice I recieved the refund I was after. And I am thankful that because of this thread I chased down my money. What I am reminding people is that if they have not recieved their goods that it is possible to get their money back by taking a civilised approach to the matter.

I'm not defending Garry's approach to his business, there are obviously faults in it. But I don't believe he is intentionally ripping people off, proof being that I've got my money back.

So those who are out of pocket should keep pursueing they're money by contacting Garry directly, be civil and he is more than helpful.

Those who haven't directly been affected by his poor business ethics should remain supportive of those who have been, but be careful not to just jump on the band wagon.

Out of interest how many of you reading this have actually lost money??

mr_boats
21-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure of how many people that read this thread have been ripped of by this 1 person but 1 thing I can say is just last week 4 people (Including Patch) contacted me personally because they have been ripped off. Imgaine how many poor buggers have lost there money who don't read this forum.
So should we go easy on Garry Beattie because once people get his home phone number and track him down he gets scared and gives the money back?
I don't think so.
You also have to ask yourself WHY he uses different names and address?
Is this the business trading of someone legitament?

flybloke
21-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Patch, that's a weird turn around. I wouldn't consider finally getting my money back and having to talk "Nicely" to the so and so, Making him A Great bloke.
The way I see it, He is Most likely trading Insolvent. He needs to make a sale to afford supplying a previous sale. that's illegal and he should be shut down and charged.
If he had a sounder to sell, And you paid, You should have bloody well got it.
I cant help but think you may know him a little more than you say::)

marco
21-07-2008, 07:02 PM
patch, this is his style . he trys to rip you off and when you get too close to home he caves in .
good to see you have had a win but good old garry does speak with fork tongue .

ive seen it myself .

Holden-08
21-07-2008, 08:11 PM
That alright i got a cousin who is a detective himself and he gonna look into all of these information for me. Its very hard to trust peoples in these days and the large amount of money we've has lost over nothing this is bull$#!T. I will be getting this sorted out ASAP.

bbayjohn
21-07-2008, 08:51 PM
EBAY Strikes again...
They have ininstated the account name:123hollst (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/123hollst/)http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif
Ebay is now letting Garry Beattie trade under this name. It's seems as if the commision he was giving them means more to ebay than there security of there customer's Nice job Alister McGibbon

Thank you mr boats,

Just let everyone know That mr boats is a `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸ ><((((º> GREAT EBAYER ‹(•¿•)› I recieved my item super fast.

Patch181
22-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Patch, that's a weird turn around. I wouldn't consider finally getting my money back and having to talk "Nicely" to the so and so, Making him A Great bloke.
The way I see it, He is Most likely trading Insolvent. He needs to make a sale to afford supplying a previous sale. that's illegal and he should be shut down and charged.
If he had a sounder to sell, And you paid, You should have bloody well got it.
I cant help but think you may know him a little more than you say::)

I don't appreciate the thoughts that I may know Garry Beattie more than I say>:(

To tell you the truth I've been writing certain things on this thread to help pursued Garry Beattie into giving my money back. He told me himself that he reads it.

The money he owed me cleared into my account this morning so now I can be more honest.

Mr. Boats I owe you an apology for appearing to argue with you over 'head hunting' for Garry Beattie. I'm glad someone is going after this con artist. And if you need some more evidence that he is trading under false names I have some for you, just send me a message via ebay username.

Sorry guys for being misleading I just needed to con the 'con', and thankfully it worked.

How does it feel Garry?? And don't think for a second that I won't be submitting all the evidence of your shonky business ethics.

mr_boats
22-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi Patch

You fooled me I thought you warmed to this guy. Now it makes sense to me. Sorry if I came down hard on you. I'll email you for that info.
By the way readers I recieved anther person this morning who has been done. This person was buying a fishfinder/Chartplotter for a birthday present. $1000 didn't recieve it. Garry Beattie your a scumbag.

mr_boats
22-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh by the way thanks BBjohn ;D

flybloke
22-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't appreciate the thoughts that I may know Garry Beattie more than I say>:(

To tell you the truth I've been writing certain things on this thread to help pursued Garry Beattie into giving my money back. He told me himself that he reads it.

The money he owed me cleared into my account this morning so now I can be more honest.

Mr. Boats I owe you an apology for appearing to argue with you over 'head hunting' for Garry Beattie. I'm glad someone is going after this con artist. And if you need some more evidence that he is trading under false names I have some for you, just send me a message via ebay username.

Sorry guys for being misleading I just needed to con the 'con', and thankfully it worked.

How does it feel Garry?? And don't think for a second that I won't be submitting all the evidence of your shonky business ethics.

You Had me going, well done, And apologies

mr_boats
23-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Had anther person ring me today about being ripped off by Garry beattie. This forum is working a treat....
Ebay is still letting him trade under his new account. I've called everyday and they have just pushed me aside.

Local_Guy
23-07-2008, 04:00 PM
mr. boats, ebay doesn't care. they are getting their fees from him.

whats happening with the bundaberg police and them getting off their ass to prosecute him. or are they just sitting on their hands thinking it will get done by itself.

mr_boats
24-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I've talked with the bundy police several times on this matter. They have there hands tired at the moment. Because I know Garry beattie reads this thread I don't want to give him a heads up on why they aren't doing anything at the moment.
The one thing I will say is if your've been ripped off by Garry Beattie or one of his several alias like Barry Geaie etc
Please go to this website link and fill in the required information:
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/crimePrevention/eCrime/internet/report/
This is a speical online fraud squad that covers all of Australia althought its QLD based. They know of Garry Beattie (They know ALOT) and are gathering as much information as possible to charge him. Please if your've been done or have any info use this link.

upstart
24-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I've been following this thread so just for fun I put a bid on a Garmin sounder being sold by paydamoney. It's now been removed. Aaawww, what a shame. What's his latest name? Might put some bids in.

flybloke
24-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I've been following this thread so just for fun I put a bid on a Garmin sounder being sold by paydamoney. It's now been removed. Aaawww, what a shame. What's his latest name? Might put some bids in.

What if you win the bid? If you don't pay, He will dog ear your rating. If you pay, You will get nothing and do your doe.
Still would be good to waste his time and money, Interesting point

fRuItCaKe
24-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Don't think he can now?? Sellers can't give negatives I think.

You could play around for heaps though......

foxx510
24-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Will be interesting to see how long the new userid lasts. "paydamoney" was shut down pretty quickly.

foxx510
25-07-2008, 03:30 PM
123hollst has been deregistered too now.

marco
30-07-2008, 05:14 PM
i thought i would also add this link from the gps scammers thread for anyone googling about ebay ripoffs , the thread is gathering some good info about ebay and there lack off actions to con artists

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?p=871633&posted=1#post871633

dogsbody
20-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Can't let this thread sit in the back pages can we.

Dave.

Innkeepers
20-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Dave...Dogsbody....thanks for making that last post and bringing this saga to the front line of the forum again.

Some months ago, we started a search for a replacement high capacity, smart battery charger for our Bustracker caravan as the original vibrated itself to death on the corrugated roads of Central Australia.

I found the Xantrex Truecharge 2 range on the web and the dimensions suited the available space perfectly. However this is a new model release for Xantrex and is scheduled for sale in OZ soon.

I did find a listing for it on Discount Marine World and it looked like an attractive price.

At that time the Item I wanted was listed as "Out of Stock On Back Order", so I went searching for a phone number in order to give them a call and find out when they expected stock.

Well, it looked like such comprehensive and well presented "Shop Front", that I couldn't work out why there was no contact Phone and Fax direct e-mail and street address.

This had my alarm bell ringing as I have had 14 years in Sales and Marketing and thought it was either a gross oversight or a bogus web shop front.

So that was all back in June and we've only just joined this forum a couple of weeks ago as we're buying a tinnie for the roof of the Landcruiser and this looked like a great place to find local info as we're going to Bribie next week for a fortnight of relaxation and fishing......then I read this thread from go to whoa.....what an eye opener and I'm so glad that I trusted my early instincts with Discount Marine World.

Oh, by the way, if you doubt MR Boats info.....don't...I did a "Whois" look up of the Domain for discountmarineworld.com and a little more digging turned up the registered owner and his street address in Bundaberg Qld here's the link to this freely available information on the web.

http://www.aboutus.org/DiscountMarineWorld.com

Again Dave.....thanks for "Bumping" this thread to the top of the list, as I'm also looking for a Combo GPS/Sounder for our tinnie and that led me to this Chat Board and ultimately this particularly enlightening thread.

Hope this saves other members some grief as well.
Cheers
Rick

gawby
20-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I am pretty sure that 10 pearson st is the one i went to
and knocked on the door.
A young girl answered the door and had a mobile phone to her ear
and was receiving instructions what to say whilst i was there.
It wasn't hard to work out that she was being told what to say.
I have found out that this address is an assosiate of beatties
and i was hot on his trail.
Funny how not long after i received my chart plotter.
Just to note, i don't think i have mentioned this in the past but
there is another Beattie at bundaberg with the same initials who are
not related in anyway to this bloke. They are an elderly couple who now
live in fear because of the numerous threatening phone calls and letters
they have received because of this bloke.
Graeme

mr_boats
21-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone I'm back again. Haven't been on for a while due to the sydney boatshow.
Guess what once logging onto here again Igot anther PM from poor bugger who has been done by QLDGPS. So Garry you'll be getting anther call soon.
As for seeing this scumbag back on ebay if he's there I haven't spotted him BUT I'm guessing he's in touble as the QLD police got in contact with me so they are on his tail now. I hope he finds himself a new boyfriend in prison.
As far as ebay's lack of security they informed me of the same old garabe line that they feed everyone. "We are doing something but due to privacy laws we can't tell you"
Anyway this link has done a ecellent job of getting him off ebay pity the tradingpost didn't listen to me as he's trying to go hard on there.

dogsbody
22-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Ah yes hope they get ole gary. Wonder if he likes to play "mummies and daddies" Hey gary come over here and suck mummies c :-X k biatch.

Dave.

DeadWater
25-09-2008, 07:23 PM
LOL he got me as well
I have got all info on him more than you would know
Mr-Boat pm me

gawby
27-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I have seen threads of lesser importance get i pin and
stuck at the top of the thread lists.
Perhaps the mods may like to do the same with this
thread as it has now had 18081 hits and 223 replies
and is of importance to all the new members and any
other members plus the guests on the site.
Graeme

marco
28-09-2008, 05:20 AM
I have seen threads of lesser importance get i pin and
stuck at the top of the thread lists.
Perhaps the mods may like to do the same with this
thread as it has now had 18081 hits and 223 replies
and is of importance to all the new members and any
other members plus the guests on the site.
Graeme

i think that would be walking on thin ice for the powers to be as this is a hot topic .

what i find amusing is the page sponsor for this thread as you can see in the pic , oztion allowed mr beattie to continue trading on there site even though they were fully aware of this thread and of the actions of mr g.b . and they had the same attitude as ebay in regards to stopping g.b . couldnt care less if one of there sellers were ripping people off .

just goes to show that if you buy online from auction sites than be prepared to do your dough with no recourse from anyone . buyer beware .

Mindi
28-09-2008, 07:37 AM
LOL he got me as well
I have got all info on him more than you would know
Mr-Boat pm me

Deadwater post it here..?...and mods...why not pin this it makes it easier to keep people aware of this permanent problem

disorderly
02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
The 7.30 report ran a story on Ebay fraud tonight...
very interesting...

A couple of points to come out of it were ...

1. Ebay continues to receive listing fee's even if the buyer does not receive their product.

2. Despite supposed buyer protection by using paypal,one guy explained that he submitted a claim for a quad bike he never received and failed to receive any compensation.
So the compensation would appear to be quite arbitrary.

Of course, there was an Ebay spokesman giving the usual lip service about how ebay takes these fraud things seriously..

However,the overall picture that was painted was quite unflattering for Ebay.

And there was no mention of GB ...unfortunately...

cormorant
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,24435333-15306,00.html

7.30 Report probes eBay, PayPal

ndm.kit.btyb();
ndm.kit.btyb();http://m1.au.2mdn.net/1757521/1x1.gif
ndm.kit.btyb();

Font Size: Decrease (http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,24435333-15306,00.html#) Increase (http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,24435333-15306,00.html#)
Print Page: Print (javascript:print();)
Fran Foo | October 02, 2008

AN INVESTIGATION into the activities of eBay Australia and its subsidiary PayPal are expected to air today on the ABC's 7.30 Report, as foreshadowed in The Australian this week.
Paul Foster received a refund from PayPal days before The 7.30 Report was scheduled to air a story on eBay and PayPal

The TV program will look at criminals in cyberspace and address claims that eBay isn't doing enough to curb the prevalence of rogue traders (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=45dhOj33oT0) on its website.

It is understood Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (http://www.accc.gov.au/) chairman Graeme Samuel was invited to comment on air.

It will also feature victims of eBay traders who are demanding more action and accountability from the online auction giant in light of the recent collapse of one of eBay's largest sellers, EBS International.

Thousands of people were caught high and dry when EBS, known on eBay as Ebusiness Supplies, was liquidated in late July.

As earlier reported, one victim of EBS and a PayPal member was recently reimbursed, days before the TV program was scheduled to go on air.

Paul Foster (http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,24423910-15306,00.html), who lives in Penrith, NSW, was asked by PayPal executives what would it take to make him happy, he said.

Mr Foster lost $435 when EBS went under. Since then, him and thousands of people have been trying to recoup their losses but to no avail even though PayPal said it had established a special fund to repay victims.

After several months of trying to obtain a refund, out of the blue recently, he received a telephone call from PayPal executives who promised to solve the matter.

Mr Foster has since received a full refund and although he wasn't on The 7.30 Report's (http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/) interview list, he said there were many other victims who've been left empty-handed.

"I want justice for the other victims who haven't received a single cent after EBS collapsed. Some people have lost thousands of dollars," he said.

Big Shaun
08-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi All,

My brother recently won an eBay auction for a Shimano Tiagra 130 reel that was advertised as being 8 months old for $660 including postage. Almost 4 weeks past now, still no reel and the seller is not replying to email. eBay say they are investigating. He paid via bank deposit so no buyer protection. I think he has done his $$$. I bought heaps of stuff without incident, it is disappointing these crooks continue to trade. Apparently the reel was located at Berriedale TAS. Tread wearily.

Cheers.
Shaun

ismail82
08-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Shaun,

I always only pay through paypal as your items are then insured. I bought some stuff from japan through ebay and the items never turned up. The guy didnt reply to my emails until i lodged a complaint to Paypal and they started an investigation a week later paypal automaticly deducted his account and paid my money back. The guy then emails me saying he did send the items. I asked him for the tracking numbers and suprise surprise he couldnt give me any. mmmm very suss. Point is always pay for stuff on ebay using paypal, that way you can rest easy as it is virtually garunteed to arrive and if it is the wrong stuff they can sort it out for you.

Big Shaun
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
I only use Paypal and COD on eBay.

reidy
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I dont wish to sound negative but this forum is full of similar senarios.I guess if you buy off e-bay you take a chance that things wont work out.Its not right i know but it happens to often.Been stung myself will not buy off the bay anymore regardless how good the price looks
Cheers
Reidy

DR
09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
i only ever use Paypal & make sure they have been on ebay for a long time with good feedback.
Had a problem the other week, purchased a computer programme download.
I paid & it did not download, no matter what i tried. Sent an email & waited 24 hrs, did not get a response so i logged a complaint for a refund with Paypal & had my money back in a couple of hours.
Best part was that i did further research & found that what they were selling could be found on the internet for free..

cormorant
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Paypal - just be aware that paypal will only pay if your money is still avaliable and has many ways of not paying. If a seller takes your money straight out of the paypal system they , regardless of what they say, can take significant time if ever to pay out. Paypal insurance isn't possibly what you think and dealing with any compamy Ebay/ paypal that hasn't signed up to Aussie financial regulations or code of conduct and is acting like a bank is a warning sign. On the surface it looks the goods but there has been many issues.

Still better than nothing but just be aware it isn't risk free and as you can see from this thread Ebay doesnt always do what they say in a timely way.

Like all transactions it is all about the counterparty and some on ebay like everywhere else are scum, scamsters etc.

For all bt minor transactions I contact the person b email outside Ebay and also by phone. People who are into scams don't like giving out real phone numbers and addresses and don't like hard questions. I cautiously do the same when selling if people request it to get a sale and generally the people who bother are no hassle in any case and just nervous.

Mindi
15-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Its quite a while since any news posted about this eBay guy from Bundaberg our friend Garry... has he finally been deaklt with or are we just not hearing anything any more..?

Acorn-Solutions
29-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Mr Boats post about Acorn-Solutions.com.au was removed because it was libellous and erroneous. Garry used us for hosting several years ago. His website was pulled once someone complained that he wasn't delivering goods. I would advise Mr Boats to check his facts before posting absolute rubbish. :P

PinHead
29-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Mr Boats post about Acorn-Solutions.com.au was removed because it was libellous and erroneous. Garry used us for hosting several years ago. His website was pulled once someone complained that he wasn't delivering goods. I would advise Mr Boats to check his facts before posting absolute rubbish. :P

who really cares what host someone was using???

If you are getting ripped off the last thing you care about is the web host.

Acorn-Solutions
29-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Mr Boats posted that Acorn-Solutions.com.au was a scam owned and run by Garry. I was pointing out that Mr Boats post was removed because it was wrong and libellous. Several people viewed Mr Boats post and visited our website. My post was to set the record straight.

As you said "who really cares what host someone was using???".

Michael

Lucky_Phill
29-11-2008, 08:42 PM
The post referred to by Michael from Acorn-Solutions ( above ) was deleted and is as he stated. Here is a small section of that post.

Mind you he hasn't gone altogether he has a new scam called Acorn solutions

My ' search ' results can shed no light on " Garry " being in anyway associated with Acorn-Solutions which is a registered business and domain name.

Mr_Boats has been contacted asking to substantiate his claims.

At this time I ask that Mr_Boats and Acorn-Solutions not post on this thread until the matter is resolved.

Regards

Phill

Mindi
29-11-2008, 09:15 PM
OK well I'm confused....maybe thats a good thing

mr_boats
02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I've forwarded phil my mobile number to give me a call to let him in on it.

TunaKing2008
07-01-2009, 05:18 PM
does anyone have a update on whats happening with all of this?

Mindi
09-01-2009, 01:31 PM
does anyone have a update on whats happening with all of this?
Havent heard a thing....

TunaKing2008
09-01-2009, 11:39 PM
surely someone knows something im thinking of buying a gps combo off ebay and since this guy changes name all the time i was wondering if hestill is trading or if i should just buy from the states

Mindi
10-01-2009, 08:53 AM
surely someone knows something im thinking of buying a gps combo off ebay and since this guy changes name all the time i was wondering if hestill is trading or if i should just buy from the states
Well....a couple of thoughts. Buying from Pat at FishOn Marine in USA is a painless and reliable 5-6 day experience according to everyone who uses them. But I cant believe the aussie dollar makes it attractive at the moment. Remember you can only bring in $1000 aud value duty free including postage cost, and postage from USA is about $100 aud so you have $900 aud to spend on the unit....about $630 usd at the moment.
On EBay I would just be very careful unless it is an established local seller who will give you contact details like Mr Boats from Sydney who also has a good rep on the forum.
This crook from Bundaberg could easily be out there under any name as you say..?

What combo are you looking at..?

TunaKing2008
13-01-2009, 04:35 PM
lowrance lms27 has the internal antenna owned one previously on my last boat including postage it comes to about $950 aus

catfish55
31-01-2009, 10:39 AM
you should pay via paypal for protection. if the seller doesn't offer it, don't buy from them
YEAH GEKO THATS ALL BULL SH THERE ALL GOOD TILL THEY HAVE A CLAIM THEN NOTHING

mr_boats
10-02-2009, 03:25 PM
No he's not on there as far as I can see. Ebay actaully got serious about taking this clown from bundaberg through the legal system and he wised up. I'm keeping an eye out for him all the time but he'd have to be stupid to try it again useless he wants a holiday in jail.
As for the comment above on warranty. If your a legit shop you have to help with warranty or you won't be around for long. Always make sure your buying off a respected marine business and you can't go wrong.

TunaKing2008
15-02-2009, 05:42 PM
good to see ebay finally did something its a pity so many people had to be scammed along the way before they got serious. thanks for the update