PDA

View Full Version : A thanks to the young members of Ausfish.

finga
23-12-2007, 10:14 AM
In the last few years I've noticed the contributions of a lot of young members of this site.
These members may be young but by-gingo's they contribute a lot to this site with their knowledge.
With people like Chrisallangler (he's by far not the only one), who I had the pleasure to meet yesterday, show's passion and dedication to the sport that leaves me with more then a glimour of hope for our youth. Especially seeing what a fair proportion of the youth of this present generation get up to in the way of causing problems and strife.

Young Chris spends about 2 hours on the train to go fishing in the canals. That's true passion and dedication.
Young people like this are going to go places and do well in their lives.

So thanks all you younun's out there. Keep it up ;D

Poodroo
23-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I personally think that fishing as a hobby brings the best out in people young or old and this post brings to me many fond memories of my land based fishing exploits when I was a keen young angler without a boat. Thanks finga for bring this topic up in this thread because I would like to also offer my encouragement to the young fishers on here. I remember all the times I used to see boats out on the water thinking "If only I had a boat!" Just a word of advice to the young and keen fishers like Chrisallangler is to not be shy in getting to know some of us older generation fishermen and women on this site. I for one would be all too happy to take someone who is boatless out on the water for a day of enjoyment and whilst I don't profess to be an expert on fishing I may have some knowledge which I can share with someone else and visa versa.

Regards,

Poodroo

gawby
23-12-2007, 12:49 PM
That is a nice comment by you Finga,
I don't really know what else to say.
A nice gesture with exmas near
Graeme

Flattie Assassin
23-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it's good to see passion. I learn just as much from the young fella's, as a do the old.

Leighton
23-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Good on the young pups, the younger generation cop a bad wrap. Seems there is plenty of good ones out there.

2DKnBJ
23-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Good topic Finga
It just goes to show that not all the young ones are up to no good.
Some of the younger generation on here could certainly show us older guys a thing or two.Hopefully if they read this thread it may encourage them to start posting their reports knowing they just may be helping someone out.

Cheers Dazza

MY-TopEnder
23-12-2007, 03:37 PM
I was actually just thinking the same thing the other day when reading over some of the posts from the younger guys who make the journey down to the Tweed.

Good on ya guys, keep up the good work.

Tassie JR
23-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks old fellers im only a young fella but i have gained so much information about fishing on this site from people off all ages, and ive also gave others info i know, ive been pretty lucky as the old man has a boat that i travel offshore in all the time, and ill have have my first boat of my own in early feb.

cheers tassie JR

bdowdy
23-12-2007, 09:24 PM
thats what fishing is all about spending time with the young ones and enjoying the outdoors and so the wheel goes round. love spending time and watching my young fella catch fish and grow up NOTHING BEATS IT. cheers bdowdy..brett FUTURE FOR FISHING...........

mik01
23-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks old fellers im only a young fella but i have gained so much information about fishing on this site from people off all ages, and ive also gave others info i know, ive been pretty lucky as the old man has a boat that i travel offshore in all the time, and ill have have my first boat of my own in early feb.

cheers tassie JR

bet you can't wait...
its one of the best days of my life when i picked her up :D
what are you getting?

crossy
23-12-2007, 09:52 PM
being only 22 im not sure what cat i come under, but i think the youth of today is very different to the youth of yesterday, it only takes a quick stroll down the the local shops to see that. it's the minority of youth's that are getting out there and keeping busy and taking up a good hobbys like fishing and mabe one day take them big places. i myself was fortunate enough to have an old man that has a boat and is keen fisherman even mum was in on it. i fell that taking up a sport like fishing keeps the young ones out of trouble and even gives them environmental awareness and even basic water navigational skills. my wife knows that our kids will be into fishing and learning water skills as soon as they are old enough.

KUDOS TO ALL THE YOUNG KIDS AND TEENS OUT THERE FISHING, AND STAYING OUTA TROUBLE

Tassie JR
24-12-2007, 10:30 AM
bet you can't wait...
its one of the best days of my life when i picked her up :D
what are you getting?

Yeah im really looking forward to getting it, im gonna get something around the 12-13 foot mark with a 15-20 hp moter on it. It wont be the best boat as im only spending $2500 at the max, but im only turning 16 in January.

cheers tassie JR

basskid
24-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Guys Just saw this thread,
I think that We youngen's have to thank the oldens for teaching us how to fish!!!
And it is a great hoppy its so addictive though ahha atleats it better than smoking or drinking liek some of the youths these days do.. its sad instaed of getting on the weed and grog everynight thinjk of the money they could be spending on lures boats rods and reels!!!!!!!i am sure you guys like a drink or two but as a teen i see some crazy alcoholics for the future it is sad bad they chose not to fish hahahahahah Oh well and fro drugs ...,. fishing is more fun andf can maybe get u somewhere.... Thanks finga for doing this thread mate i hope alot of kiddies read it and get hooked on fishing.
Will

manchild
24-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Go the young bulls;D

Tangles
24-12-2007, 09:39 PM
yep a big tick, good thing about this site is sharing of knowledge and values amongst all

mike

Cammy
24-12-2007, 10:43 PM
thanx finga, awsome thread!

cam

loophole
24-12-2007, 11:07 PM
yer thanks finga we youngens live for fishing as much as you elders do and we are uptodate with our products;)

rockfisho
25-12-2007, 10:30 PM
thanks for the thanks mate. I've gotta thank the old salts though, for teaching me how to fish.

Cheers

Owen

Hardb8
26-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Good read,
Can't believe it,But I'd say I'd actually be on the oldscool list these days.On the brighter side,My first apprentice is on the way,And I eagerly await her arrival.

Can't wait till she's around 3 or 4 to give her the oppertunitys/times I had as a kid (Camping,Fishing,4WDing),And to pass my knowledge on.

Bring on the changing of the guard. Regards. B8.