PDA

View Full Version : Wallaga lake

trevallyal
23-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi has anyone fished wallaga lake at beauty point .as i'm going down there over christmas holidays any info i can get would be great will be taking a lake boat .
Cheers trevallyal

poltergeist
23-12-2007, 08:14 PM
hi, the lake can fish quite well at times and around christmas there are always enough falthead, bream and small snapper and the odd decent tailor and salmon to keep you happy. im not sure if the lake is open to the sea at the moment (closed more often than not over the last few years) so tide wont come into play. best baits are nippers which you can pump from the sand flats on both sides of the bridge and live mullet always guarantee the bigger flatties (whitebait and pillies can substitute). also any soft plastics in the usual sizes work well. there shuld be plenty of boats fishing the lake at this time so drifting along (using the wind if no tide) with baits and plastics will be the go mainly on the lake side of the bridge. hope some of this helps and also talk to others at the caravan park your staying at, most dont mind a chat.

NAGG
24-12-2007, 10:40 AM
hi, the lake can fish quite well at times and around christmas there are always enough falthead, bream and small snapper and the odd decent tailor and salmon to keep you happy. im not sure if the lake is open to the sea at the moment (closed more often than not over the last few years) so tide wont come into play. best baits are nippers which you can pump from the sand flats on both sides of the bridge and live mullet always guarantee the bigger flatties (whitebait and pillies can substitute). also any soft plastics in the usual sizes work well. there shuld be plenty of boats fishing the lake at this time so drifting along (using the wind if no tide) with baits and plastics will be the go mainly on the lake side of the bridge. hope some of this helps and also talk to others at the caravan park your staying at, most dont mind a chat.

Very good description ..... I'll only add that the Bream fishing can be sensational .... & the Flathead can be crackers (80-90cm) .... taken on live poddys ... & more & more on SPs:P I think you can get an AFN map of the local lakes that include Wallaga & Wagonga(Narooma) .... Nagg

trevallyal
24-12-2007, 11:44 AM
;D Thanks helped me a lot .iv'e never been there .CHEERS