PDA

View Full Version : Help selling my boat

Sheik
23-12-2007, 12:00 AM
I sold my car a few months ago and used carsales.com.au but there doesnt seem to be the same thing for boats. Does anyone have any advice on what might be the best way to get a sale? Trading post maybe? What do you reckon?

PinHead
23-12-2007, 02:45 AM
boatpoint.com.au

or the trading post

or on consignment with a dealer

bluefin59
23-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Batpoint is always good or on this site is always good from what i'v seen ...matt

BR65
23-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Recently sold my 540f Signature useing Trading Post, cost about 50 bucks I think, and that got me a heap of photos plus description on the net, sold in a week
cheers
brian

Sea-Dog
23-12-2007, 09:53 AM
From the buyers' perspective - I get REALLY annoyed with Trading Post. They always seem to have current listings for boats that sold a couple of weeks ago.

It turns me off, and probably would others too.

Unless you can state in your listing when you started your ad.

I still like using ebay. It is easy to email sellers, Lots of search options, and you know that the boat is still for sale. (usually)

Cheers.

megalodon
23-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Sea-Dog
The trading post online you can search by 1 day, 3 day, or 1, 2 or 3 weeks. When you click Marine and the new page loads you pick the options you want and then down the bottom left of the page you have ( Show only options ) Click that and at the bottom of that field you have your options on how old you wish to see the adds. Also when you open the add just under the description you also have the date the add was first published

Sea-Dog
23-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Sea-Dog
The trading post online you can search by 1 day, 3 day, or 1, 2 or 3 weeks. When you click Marine and the new page loads you pick the options you want and then down the bottom left of the page you have ( Show only options ) Click that and at the bottom of that field you have your options on how old you wish to see the adds. Also when you open the add just under the description you also have the date the add was first published

Thanks Megalodon,

I just had another play on trading post as you suggested. As you say I can find the ads that have only been listed in the last X days.

It does limit the number of results. Even those that are still active (unsold).

I can't see any way of saving a search like in ebay. Do you know of a way?

Cheers, Ross

steveg1100
23-12-2007, 06:27 PM
With selling boats I find that if you want to sell it cheap Trading Post or Ebay. This is were all the bargain hunters lurk. If on the other hand you want top dollar place it on boatpoint and sit back and wait.

megalodon
23-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Not sure but unless your a member and log in every time id say you dont have that option. If your not a member join up and you should have options then.

kitch76
24-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I sold my ski boat on quicksales.com.au and at the momment the ads are still free

Kleyny
24-12-2007, 05:40 PM
ebay ebay ebay

just got to weed out the hull kickers, the same as anywere