PDA

View Full Version : Neutra salt systems for mercruisers.

rocksberg6
19-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Thinking about buying one of these systems for my wellcraft now she has her new engine, Does anyone know anything about them? sounds like a great product but maybe to good to be true. Just don't like the idea of not flushing with fresh water.:-/

Blackened
19-12-2007, 10:08 AM
G'day

Sounds similar to the macs principal for flushing outboards.

Best off getting an opinion from bm regards the mercruiser.

Dave

rocksberg6
19-12-2007, 12:00 PM
What about those MACS or Salt x systems do they work, and can you use them on sterndrives?

ozlongboarder
19-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I have Volvo's QL Neutra Salt system on my Volvo Stern drive. Its very easy to use. Just hold the button for 45seconds and it feeds into the cooling system and circulates through the motor, turn the motor of then release the button. I have not had my risers off yet to see if it works but the Volvo mechanic I use claims it works great.

PinHead
19-12-2007, 06:21 PM
when using the neutra salt system...when do they say the risers should be changed??

BM
19-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Rocksberg,

There are always many ways in which to achieve a task. The right way, the wrong way and other ways in between.

To my knowledge the MACS and other salt dissolving systems are, errr, questionable in their true and provable performance...

With regard to the Neutra Salt system, I did some reading recently to see how this system works and whilst it MAY work to some very unknown degree, I am dubious at best....

If you want to do it right, fit a closed cooling system. In my mind there is simply no other way.

Seawater cooled = block, manifolds (intake and exhaust), exhaust elbows all suffer the effects of saltwater corrosion. The entire system is sacrificial.

Freshwater cooled = ONLY the exhaust elbows are sacrificial.

Maintenance difference? HUGE

But it will cost you to set up the freshwater cooling.

Its up to you of course but theres a proper way to do a job and a bandaid way. Each has its appropriate price and its appropriate level of performance (for that price).

Cheers

ozlongboarder
19-12-2007, 10:42 PM
when using the neutra salt system...when do they say the risers should be changed??

I cant remember exactly but I will find out.