PDA

View Full Version : Tabs jumbo.

Gozz
18-12-2007, 03:42 PM
How's it going.
Does any one have one of these in around the 435 to 500mts size or been in one.
I want it for fishing lakes to snapper to bream plus I would like to make it into a CC and put a 60hp 4str on the back.
I'd love to know how they handle in the chop and if there stable for flicking SP's.
Thanks.

bluefin59
18-12-2007, 06:04 PM
This boat was my second choice after the bluefin but it didn't stack up for me as far as cost went so i bought the fin and got a few extras for my boat ...matt

marty+jojo
18-12-2007, 06:20 PM
A mate of mine has a 4.55 tabs sportfisher side console, casting decks, rod locker, live bait tank, tournament tank etc, has a 60hp merc 4 stroke.
I and several others think it is a very wet boat, also we think it is slightly underpowered.
However it is very stable at rest, and a very solid boat.....
P.S.....It has leaked water since purchased brand new, so badly that my mate uses the bilge pump every hour or so.
Marty,

Gozz
18-12-2007, 06:42 PM
A mate of mine has a 4.55 tabs sportfisher side console, casting decks, rod locker, live bait tank, tournament tank etc, has a 60hp merc 4 stroke.
I and several others think it is a very wet boat, also we think it is slightly underpowered.
However it is very stable at rest, and a very solid boat.....
P.S.....It has leaked water since purchased brand new, so badly that my mate uses the bilge pump every hour or so.
Marty,

Man that sound's like a warranty job he should take it back and get it re-welded.
My other choice is the quintrex 450 fishseeker with a 50 yammy 4st.
I spoke to a dealer today who is finding out if I can get it without the thwart seats,at least no back one.
I don't mind the front one to convert into a casting deck but because I do bait fishing also I need the back of the boat open to the transom.

bluefin59,
Thanks for your reply.