PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Cylinders - piss poor service

Vic1
17-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Being trying to get a quote for a new 5-5.5 metre Ocean Cylinder, but it's seems they have only employed customer prevention officers in their office.

Sent off the first email in May 07, they came back soon after asking for my exact requirements, then after sending these through........nothing. About 20 email later I gave them a call and asked to be put through to the salesperson who had initially taken my email request. The office took the call and put it through to her then the phone rung out.......after doing this about 5 times over the following week I have finally given up (more than 6 months later:'().

It's a real pity as they seem to make a great boat, but with service like this maybe one of the other pontoon type manufacturers can have my money instead

FNQCairns
17-12-2007, 07:30 PM
He might be on an AWA :)

Pretty poor result mate, it's hard I know but it might worth looking for another make, virtually everyone seems happy with what they end up choosing.

Cheers fnq

deadbeatloser
17-12-2007, 07:32 PM
m8 try typhoon boats bloody good looking rigs. i priced ocean cyclinder and there 4.5 tiller steer was 18500 just for bare hull. i purchased stabi craft and cannot fault the hull, very stable,she likes to spend alot of time in the air with very smooth landing
:D :o

Reel Magic
17-12-2007, 07:32 PM
With service like that I would suggest it is a blessing in disguise, rather now than after they have your hard earned cash.

Ryan.

Flex
17-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Just imagine if you needed repairs or had warranty issues..

nigelr
18-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi Vic1.
Had a similar experience last year with OC.
Eventually emailed their catalogue to me, after several requests via email and phone.
Fantastic looking craft, but very expensive comparative.
More a commercial craft, perhaps?
No doubt the best way to deal with them would be face-to-face, but this is somewhat difficult if you don't live near Yamba!
Heaps of other pontoons out there, for example, as DBL says, Wayne from Typhoon is very approachable/helpful.
Cheers.

Vic1
18-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Cheers for the info guys, will give Typhoon a call