PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke oil

dnej
17-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I searched this site for Euduro OPTI 2,
two stroke oil,but nothing came up.
Is anyone using this oil,which is fully synthetic.
Apparently smokeless.
Regards David

FNQCairns
17-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey David thanks for the heads up, just had cruise around reading obout it, on the surface it is effectivly the same oil as the XDs and the old Torco oil at least it follows the same mindset, couldn't find where it was a synthetic which doesn't mean much these days, mineral oils can be labeled as synthetiic even when the base stock is poor.

It is iso-eg-d+ certified, think the + is just marketing but the rest means it woops the tail of any TCW3 that I know of, worth keeping an eye on if the price is fair.

For what manufacturers websites are worth for trustworthy info - not much! here it is-

http://www.opti2-4.com/opti-2.htm

cheers fnq

dnej
17-12-2007, 11:47 AM
fnq,
I got that far as well. Opti,comes from optimax,so I am told.

My brother put me on to it.He can now run his mower on 100 to one.No smoke at all.Previously 25 to one.Its pretty expensive ,he recons.

Many of the two stroke bike riders,use it in competition,with great results.
What got me was the suitability of air or water cooled.
Apparently some of the oils are "semi synthetic",but this one is "fully synthetic".

Got to find out more about this one
David

FNQCairns
17-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah there is al ot of marketing that goes on around oils, think Optimax is a Merc trademark, doesn't mean the people who sell this oil dont get it from the same batch in manufacturer as Mercury but probably it's just a name.

These oils have been around for 10 years or so with no real advances, Torco was one, rumour has it that XP is the old Torco, believe it s true too, colour or a minor additive change that would not effect the outcome probably happened along the way, whoever owned Torco got a big check from BRP!

He could probably run the same ratio with XP as it is rated no better, true synthetics which is different to fully synthetic are expensive so it does lead one to believe it may be one at least on the surface.

Too rich for me though!

cheers fnq