PDA

View Full Version : Oil Crisis

Mad-One
15-12-2007, 08:49 PM
A lot of folks can't understand how we came
To have an oil shortage here in our country.
~~~
Well, there's a very simple answer.
~~~
Nobody bothered to check the oil.
~~~
We just didn't know we were getting low.
~~~
The reason for that is purely geographical.
~~~
Our OIL is located in
~~~
Bass Strait
~~~
East Queensland Shale Fields
~~~
Canning Basin
~~~
Perth Basin
and
North-West Continental Shelf
~~~

Our
DIPSTICKS
Are located in
Canberra!!!

Any Questions ???
NO? I didn't Think So.::) ::) :-X :o

Nicko
15-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Is it possible to run a boat off natural gas like brisbane buses?

FNQCairns
15-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Is it possible to run a boat off natural gas like brisbane buses?

Yes but the tanks cannot be contained inside the perimeter of the boat, at least that is what I understand, seen a 2st merc run on gas the tanks were on the marlin board.

cheers fnq

Nicko
15-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Gas is cool, but I'm thinking the only ones who would be using gas would be the bigger type game fishing boats and cruisers with the inboard engines.

It must cost so much money to fill up the tanks in those beasts and they probably chew through it quickly.

sandbankmagnet
15-12-2007, 09:52 PM
ha ha ... dipsticks in canberra.... funny... really. Good joke.

Over to beefaman who can tell you how the world oil process works.... Apparently our oil is high quality and gets exported to use for lubricants. Better to get 7$ a litre than $1. Our petrol is the cheap stuff not mined in Aus.

timddo
15-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Buy other nations oil b4 we use ours. At least we will get more in the future for them. But then we will probably have nuclear powered outboards.

Lucky_Phill
16-12-2007, 07:12 AM
I firmly believed that years ago I could run a 2 stroke outboard on LPG, as it was 1/2 price of Unleaded. Then with the advent of 4 bangers I convinced myself that LPG is the way to go.

In a larger boat of course, say 6 mtrs plus where you'll have underfloor storage capabilities. 6ft long narrow tanks. Gas sensors are a must, but the idea is not lost, surely!!!!!

Then again, I did want a 20ft boat with a V6 inboard gas fueled engine. Am I ahead of my time ( back then...... 15-20 years ago ? )

Phill

Kleyny
16-12-2007, 07:33 AM
ha ha ... dipsticks in canberra.... funny... really. Good joke.

Over to beefaman who can tell you how the world oil process works.... Apparently our oil is high quality and gets exported to use for lubricants. Better to get 7$ a litre than $1. Our petrol is the cheap stuff not mined in Aus.

Isnt everything that comes out of OZ the highest quality;D ;D

Nicko
16-12-2007, 08:32 AM
the fish definitely are : )