PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Old boat looks like crap!

rocksberg6
13-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Had a good hard look at my ol faithful Steber DF475 last night and decided after a couple of drinks that she needed a real good clean up, Then after a couple more drinks decided she might even have a complete rebuild.;D ::) So ok i'll ask the question about the cleanup first. She's a white fibreglass cuddy cab and has quite bad water stains on the bottom of the hull from sitting in a dam while the trailer was getting a rebuild (only 2 weeks) she also has black rub marks down the whole side from those bloody tyres at the La Balsa park ramp. I have tried truck wash, Fibreglass polish and good ol elbow grease but can't seem to remove any of it. Can anyone give me some ideas on what i could use to clean the old girl up as she would have to be one of the best boats i have had in the rough and want to keep her for along time yet!:) Now to the rebuild!! ;D ;D Well the missus just come home, and i'm sober now so lets see if we can clean her up first!!!:-/ :-/ :-[ .

DR
13-12-2007, 10:04 AM
we have a member on here who does boat detailing & always gets really good comments from those that use him, i can't for the life of me remember his name. I am sure someone will...from what i have read it could be worth getting him to do a job on yours :)

Blackened
13-12-2007, 10:16 AM
i can't for the life of me remember his name.

G'day

Not me by any chance? :P

Have a search for a thread started by myself around... february this year called detailing- how to.

Where are you located?

Dave

rocksberg6
13-12-2007, 10:24 AM
G'Day Blackened; I'm in Upper Caboolture, How much in ball park figures would i be looking at to get a full detail on my steber and also my 25ft wellcraft at the same time? Or if it is to far out of your way, is there a product on the market that will do the job for me.

Thanks Troy.

Roughasguts
13-12-2007, 10:34 AM
You thought about patching her up, and painting the lot with 2 pak in a new colour scheme.

rocksberg6
13-12-2007, 11:04 AM
G'day Roughasguts, I certainly have mate and thats what i will proberly end up doing in the very near future, but i thought if i could just clean her up for the time being and get some play money back i the bank after the rebuild on my wellcraft.:-/ It would also win some brownie points with the other half, as i could say, "Well i tried to clean her up to save some money, but i think she just might have to have a complete overhaul".::) ;D

Roughasguts
13-12-2007, 11:09 AM
G'day Roughasguts, I certainly have mate and thats what i will proberly end up doing in the very near future, but i thought if i could just clean her up for the time being and get some play money back i the bank after the rebuild on my wellcraft.:-/ It would also win some brownie points with the other half, as i could say, "Well i tried to clean her up to save some money, but i think she just might have to have a complete overhaul".::) ;D

He he I think you have a lot to teach me hear about the other half, and how they think.

Fafnir
13-12-2007, 12:03 PM
You thought about patching her up, and painting the lot with 2 pak in a new colour scheme

Just out of interest, what sort of dollars does that run into?

rocksberg6
13-12-2007, 12:15 PM
G'day Fafnir; Dunno but i'm sure someone will have some idea. But i'm thinkin Between $1500-$2500 maybe?

Blackened
13-12-2007, 12:24 PM
G'day

Best off asking larfin what a 2pac job is worth, he did his 213c haines that sold recently in the for sale section, certainly was stunning.

Dave

Jimbo00
13-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Gooday Rocksberg,

Recently touched up an older glass boat by rubbing it back with 400 grade wet and dry paper, buffing it with fibreglass cutting polish, then giving it a final polish. Came up like new. Try it in a little out of the way space first. Taken two lines to write this - a week and sore arms to actually do it!

rocksberg6
13-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the PM Blackened, I've sent one back.

DR
13-12-2007, 03:05 PM
G'day

Not me by any chance? :P

Have a search for a thread started by myself around... february this year called detailing- how to.

Where are you located?

Dave

yep, you be the one :thumbsup: