PDA

View Full Version : Mr t's tinnes Prices good or bad

skinss
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Can any one help me. Im trying to buying a blue fin wildcat I have got prices all over the place and i find Mr. T's Tinnies is $2400 cheaper than any one else.
I have asked these dealers why can't you match the price. There Answer is he fits them up cheaply. eg trailer wiring and fitout and has kids doing this.
Any feed back would be appreciated.

Blackened
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
G'day

Sounds like other dealers having cheap shots.

Go and look at apples with apples, theo is a great bloke, and has very high quality stock and staff, Don't think you will ever hear a bad word about him.

Maybe ask the other dealers what is different on their boats

Dave

deadbeatloser
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Can any one help me. Im trying to buying a blue fin wildcat I have got prices all over the place and i find Mr. T's Tinnies is $2400 cheaper than any one else.
I have asked these dealers why can't you match the price. There Answer is he fits them up cheaply. eg trailer wiring and fitout and has kids doing this.
price eveverything up as seperate items you may find it cheaper to do it that way, as i saved thousands on my last purchase this way, worth a look. go do your talkn with cash in hand :o

marco
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
given some of the shit work i have seen from what so called adults do , maybe the kids do a better job .

go and have a look at there work , you will know soon enough if it is dodgy or not .
and from what i have heard they are getting a good name for themselves

voity82
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey mate, i found the same when looking for a bluefin 420. Mr T's had the best price, the only thing is you will have to wait for it to be built down the gold coast. Also as soon as the truck rocked up, they gave me the call to say it was ready pick up the shiny new beast! So good service from what I experienced.

Voity

skinss
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I asked for this feed back because i read on this forum ,not to long ago that he didn't fit the motor up properly .

charleville
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
There Answer is he fits them up cheaply. eg trailer wiring and fitout and has kids doing this.
[/SIZE]

I don't have any knowledge with which to answer your question but the use of FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) is a standard, time honored, successful sales technique.

Hopefully, people with experience of this dealer will offer useful insights here but if in doubt tell the dealer what is being said and ask him how he will warrant the quality of his product. Twist his arm for an extra six months or year of warranty on the bits that worry you if you can. Just be careful that you are clear on what his warranty says - remembering the verse from the sellers' Bible that "the large print giveth and the small print taketh away."

skinss
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey mate, i found the same when looking for a bluefin 420. Mr T's had the best price, the only thing is you will have to wait for it to be built down the gold coast. Also as soon as the truck rocked up, they gave me the call to say it was ready pick up the shiny new beast! So good service from what I experienced.

Voity
Thanks for your feed back,Voity have u had any trouble with the boat

voity82
12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
No troubles on the boat, but I only bought the bare tinny from Mr T's I got my Yamaha 30hp CV motor from endless summer tweed because no one could touch them on price and I didn't want a Suzi or Merc which Mr T's offered.

I would check everything over fully before you hand over the final payment when picking up the boat, I certainly checked all welds etc. on mine before handing over the balance.

skinss
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
No troubles on the boat, but I only bought the bare tinny from Mr T's I got my Yamaha 30hp CV motor from endless summer tweed because no one could touch them on price and I didn't want a Suzi or Merc which Mr T's offered.

I would check everything over fully before you hand over the final payment when picking up the boat, I certainly checked all welds etc. on mine before handing over the balance.

y did you go for yammy. My mate was telling me that suzuki got the best motor in the world not to long back.

Blackened
12-12-2007, 07:57 PM
G'day

Just another,.... If it's a motor setup problem that you read about on here from mr t's... thats almost common, more so user error.

I suppose you'd be completely worried about buying a boat from next door to mr t's if you read on here

Dave

TonyG
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Hi skinss,

I picked up a bluefin bowrider from mr t tinnies about 2 weeks ago.

My experiences as a new member of the boating world with mr t tinnies were:

- They offered the best value for money of all the bluefin dealers
- They were happy to discuss details with me & answer my simple questions that a new boat owner asks
- From the first discussion I had with them, they advised on delivery time of 10 weeks.
- The salesman I dealt with was George - a decent fair & upfront guy
- The boat arrived when they sad it would, so I can not fault their upfront honesty about delivery times.
- I read stories on this website about others who are promised a boat delivery within 6 weeks & have to wait 12 + weeks
- They rang me to say the hull had arrived & walked & talked me through the fitout stage which I was happy with.
- Their engine & fitout team did a first class job getting the boat ready
- When the boat was ready to pickup, they gave me a good run through the boat for about 1hr.

This is not a sales pitch, if they treated me badly, I would be the first to condem them on this website.

But they treated me very fairly, they were always honest & did not over promise at the start & kept me happy all through the process.

All I am trying to say is they did right by me, and many others too from what I have previously read on this forum.

The fact that there is a reputable boat dealer in the marine industry is a surprise, and they should be congratulated for it.

So give then a go, i did & was very happy with the outcome

skinss
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
G'day

Just another,.... If it's a motor setup problem that you read about on here from mr t's... thats almost common, more so user error.

I suppose you'd be completely worried about buying a boat from next door to mr t's if you read on here

Dave
so y am i listening to you then.

Sum how i gather you havn't bought a boat of mr t's

voity82
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Very true Blackened! haha

Skinss I didn't like the look of the suzi 30hp two stroke at all it looks crap but probably goes alright. Plus the yammi was cheaper plus 8litres of yamalube thrown in, couldn't pass it up. Also looked at the surf life saving boats, there is alot running the 25-30hp CV yammi and they get a flogging and love it.

skinss
12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi skinss,

I picked up a bluefin bowrider from mr t tinnies about 2 weeks ago.

My experiences as a new member of the boating world with mr t tinnies were:

- They offered the best value for money of all the bluefin dealers
- They were happy to discuss details with me & answer my simple questions that a new boat owner asks
- From the first discussion I had with them, they advised on delivery time of 10 weeks.
- The salesman I dealt with was George - a decent fair & upfront guy
- The boat arrived when they sad it would, so I can not fault their upfront honesty about delivery times.
- I read stories on this website about others who are promised a boat delivery within 6 weeks & have to wait 12 + weeks
- They rang me to say the hull had arrived & walked & talked me through the fitout stage which I was happy with.
- Their engine & fitout team did a first class job getting the boat ready
- When the boat was ready to pickup, they gave me a good run through the boat for about 1hr.

This is not a sales pitch, if they treated me badly, I would be the first to condem them on this website.

But they treated me very fairly, they were always honest & did not over promise at the start & kept me happy all through the process.

All I am trying to say is they did right by me, and many others too from what I have previously read on this forum.

The fact that there is a reputable boat dealer in the marine industry is a surprise, and they should be congratulated for it.

So give then a go, i did & was very happy with the outcome

cheers Thanks so much for your feed back very much appreciated.

Blackened
12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
so y am i listening to you then.

Sum how i gather you havn't bought a boat of mr t's

G'day

Then dont. Go buy where you feel you should, best of luck to you

Dave

sherkier
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I bought a seconhand haines hunter from Theo "Mr.T Tinnies" when he was operating out of Victoria Point about 6 years ago. I have recently this year re powered this boat with a new mercury from Mr.T tinnies and I cant do anything more then sing his praises! The fitting was perfect in my opion and he had to put the holes in the dash for the instruments as the previous motor didnt have any gauges and he did this well and im completly happy.His son michael who is the service manager knows his trade well and very helpful. I had heaps of different props to try befor I settled on one which Theo supplied !I have no hesitation in recommending this family owend company to anyone.

RayB
13-12-2007, 06:56 AM
I also purchased a Trailcraft from Mt Ts and have nothing but praise for the way they operate and how they treated my many requests. It may have been my post about the incorrect fitting of the motor but it wasn't so much incorrectly fitted but more that it needed adjustment to suit the boat. No big deal.

Highly recommend
Raymond

skinss
13-12-2007, 07:25 AM
First of all i would like to thank every one for there feed back with dealing with Mr't tinnies.
And hope you have great fishing to come .

Thanks So much mark

::) :D :o 8-)

Argle
13-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I get my outboard serviced by these guys as well. Very well priced, very helpful and will be getting my continued business.

Cheers and Beers
Scott

bluefin59
13-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Skinns i bought my bluefin predator 4yrs ago from theo and have nothing but praise for his price and service on my boat ,his son mick does most of the fitups and mine has been trouble free for over 400hrs of use i would recomend him in a flash even after the sale he has shown interest in how my boat is going and he was the cheapest at the time . He is a great bloke to boot he even organized a test run before i handed over a cent i would recomend him any day ,make sure you pick the colour you want it just makes it a little different from the others also my motor was spoton from the word go ...matt8-) 8-) 8-)

Poseidon
13-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Mark,

I bought my Wildcat from Mr T 's and found the overall experience was great. Mine was one of the first he fitted out and the motor needed to be raised to get the best performance. This was done without any drama at the first service.
Both Theo and Mick were great to deal with.

Black_Jack
17-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi

I have my motor serviced by MR Ts, i first started using them when they were at cleveland. i dont think you could ask for much more. they do what you ask for.

geoff

Rodman
19-12-2007, 08:24 PM
M8 I bought a Tomcat from Mr T's in Sep 07 and everything was first rate all parts used seem to be OK and so far I haven't had any problems

Ken8-)

Sniper
19-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Give the Bluefin dealer in Caloundra a try. They try to compete on prices wherever possible. Good workmanship as well. I'm not afiliated with them at all. They looked after me on price and service when I bought my 2 Humminbird sounders off them earlier on in the year. I'm sure they are now call Sunstate Marine, on Caloundra road. Might be worth the drive. I know of quite a few people who have done the drive from Brisbane and done the deal with Wayne and Alan.
Cheers
Bill