PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts 5.6 or 5.9 TOP ENDER

Rod_Bender
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Guys, like other threads i've started, i'm looking at buying a larger hull to access the reefs from Townsville. I have Been mainly looking at the CC TABS hulls but now turned my attention to the Quintrex range.

Anyone's thoughts on these two hulls would be appreciated! Stable, dry, how much HP required, fuel economy, max people etc etc. I'm concerned about cracking hulls as reported by other's in pervious theads.

Thanks in advance!

Rod_Bender

Why Not
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Rod_Bender, I looked at the Top Ender range at the beginning of the year and settled on my G.S Marine 550 Extreme. The Top Ender had hardly any underfloor space when compared to the Extreme. The Extreme had a lot of standard items included and I have a hull with some nice weight in it. I have a tralier locally built in Darwin (Voyager) which is built tough for the roads up here and a motor (Suzi - 140HP) which pushes me along with wase.
She does everything from NT River fishing for Barra to open Blue Water chasing Tuna and Reds.
A boat the size you are looking at should have a 140-150 Hp on it.
I've bounced around in a 4.75 Top Ender and found the ride harsh compared to the Extreme. I admit it's hard to compare them but I know what I lwould always head towards if I had to pick between the pressed hull or a plated hull.
I looked at the Trailcraft Profish and again found the underfloor space limited, but this was because of the sealed floor.
Each to their own.

Why Not

deadbeatloser
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Guys, like other threads i've started, i'm looking at buying a larger hull to access the reefs from Townsville. I have Been mainly looking at the CC TABS hulls but now turned my attention to the Quintrex range.

Anyone's thoughts on these two hulls would be appreciated! Stable, dry, how much HP required, fuel economy, max people etc etc. I'm concerned about cracking hulls as reported by other's in pervious theads.

Thanks in advance!

Rod_Bender
in my experiences i came to the conclusion that i would never ever buy another mass produced boat , take your time do your homework and save the heartache and source a reputiable builder, if your worried back strenght go a custom plate..my 2bobs worth;D